Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Q inside track

The Jr Rangers or VJW would definitely take one of those spots if they were in the same division.

anon
The Jr Rangers or VJW would definitely take one of those spots if they were in the same division.

I wont take the bait on that one and nothing against either one of those teams but.... neither one of those teams would get whiff at the Q if in the EHF. The proof is in the recent Boston Breakout results.

For those in contention (parents on teams in contention only) Do you really care that much about the Q? Like to hear some of the logic behind the insanity.

anon
For those in contention (parents on teams in contention only) Do you really care that much about the Q? Like to hear some of the logic behind the insanity.

And we are off!!!!

Let me give you an insiders Breakdown of the events to come.

3 Teams worth of parents saying what an honor it it to play in the Q, how great the experience is, everlasting memories, prestige, sportsmanship etc.

8 Teams (remaining EHF teams) worth of parents saying its a joke, cash grab, overrated, waste of time, best teams and kids aren't going, its cold in Quebec

Bunch of jealous E9 parents poking both groups.

Handful of random sociopaths piling on.

It will be a very similar discussion as the Brick last June.

Any kid I have known that has played in either the brick or the q has had a wonderful experience - sometimes the parents try and screw it up. Good luck to those that make it.

anon
anon

And we are off!!!!

3 Teams worth of parents saying what an honor it it to play in the Q, how great the experience is, everlasting memories, prestige, sportsmanship etc.

8 Teams (remaining EHF teams) worth of parents saying its a joke, cash grab, overrated, waste of time, best teams and kids aren't going, its cold in Quebec

Keep it going, tell me what happens when the three teams get back from the Q several thousand dollars lighter and without a trophy, one week behind in school? Do the agents greet them at the airport?

anon
anon
anon

And we are off!!!!

Keep it going, tell me what happens when the three teams get back from the Q several thousand dollars lighter and without a trophy, one week behind in school? Do the agents greet them at the airport?

The power of the Darkside is strong in this one.

anon
anon
anon
anon

And we are off!!!!

WHO wouldn't go if they could??? That's like turning down a chance to compete in the olymics because your country sucks a particular sport! you STILL go PROUDLY right?? These kids dream of going to the Q- they don't care if they lose. It's a chance of s lifetime

The power of the Darkside is strong in this one.

How many bids does the EHF have, and when and how is it determined which teams go?

3:08 is right on the money. 4:09 is too jaded to consider any thoughtful answers.

My kid went last year and there was no expectation of a trophy.

I have to admit, I was less than thrilled that his team got the bid, due to the cost and school issues. In the end, I was glad we went and it was a great experience for everyone.

You don't have to stay at the Frontenac and eat at 4-star restaurants all the time. If you do that - yes - it'll be pretty expensive. Our whole family loved it and treated it like a vacation. The winter carnival and french culture is worth the experience.

We didn't see a ton of our player while up there b/c he was billeting, but he had a great time and he and his teammates still talk about it often.

Schools are typically very cooperative, and getting back on track is very doable within a week or so.

If you have the chance - I'd suggest you jump at the chance and go.