Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hockeytown

anon
Anonymous
Anon
anon
Definitely sold...Valley League bought it and kicked out the club teams.
Ummmm, close. Paul Gilmartin bought it, who owns the Valley League and the VJW, and they kicked the arch nemesis Islanders out.

Where are the Islanders team (that played there EHF Tier? / age?) going to play out of now?

Essex Sports Center. Islanders win again.

How did they get that location? I thought a different team was in on the building of that facility.

Islanders Girls will get time in Essex on weekends, but not likely to kick out their pillar tenants (you know the towns that got them their state land and cake puff lease). I am curious to see who gets the boot from Essex come Highschool season.

Hockeytown will be used to support the real money maker for Gilmartin, The Valley League. With over 800 teams to schedule games for, they will not need to pay out more money for games, they keep it. Every hour of game time collects almost $500 per game, pay a couple refs, a timer and you take in maybe $375? So for games they pay out to be played on other ice they will keep all $375 per hour, not to mention additional E9 games they can schedule.

Not sure the Islanders are winning at this one.

05 IHC Elite got the boot. They now have both their practices at Merrimack. Better for some, not so much for others. All depends on where you live. Not sure about the other teams.

Either way hopefully PG renovates that place. A lot of history at that rink.

05 islanders are on after my son's vipers practice on mondays. probably a trier 1 team.

Should we expect another VJW slew of teams to play out of HockeyTown?

Name the Team Contest......

Route One Warriors
Valley Jr Traffic Cones
Essex County Warriors
Hooters Hockey Club (HHC)

I heard Kasabuski has been closed for a few weeks... as far as rinks in Saugus go they are in first and second place by default.

Anon
anon
Ummmm, close. Paul Gilmartin bought it, who owns the Valley League and the VJW, and they kicked the arch nemesis Islanders out.

Take it easy hardo...yes Gilmartin bought, but they aren't using it for anything other than Valley League games. Islander girls were kicked out...Saved them years of lung trouble and impetigo

Austin Prep is on of the groups that got ice pulled from Essex Sports Center. Lots of Islanders in there now... RG prob buys it

Even if RG buys it, he will have to live up to the lease the builders signed, or try and renegotiate, which will end up worse for him after all the heat the Tech and State Reps took. So I am not sure if that comes out as a win for RG as his teams and wallet will only improve slightly.

Islander families win not having to go to Hockeytown anymore.

All the EHF wins at any color for not having to go to Hockeytown anymore.

anon
Anon
anon

Take it easy hardo...yes Gilmartin bought, but they aren't using it for anything other than Valley League games. Islander girls were kicked out...Saved them years of lung trouble and impetigo
I didn't say a club team was going in there, I said it was only partly accurate to say that the "Valley League" bought the rink. Learn to read.

John and Paul gilmartin didn't buy hockey town to renovate, they bought it to make $$$$. Now they don't have to pay for all that ice they keep the income(smart buisness move) sorry to any of you islanders out there who are trying to make it seem like it wasn't a loss to the islanders but sorry it was. Even though it's not the nicest rink it's ice and they had thought they had that ice for some of their boys teams and their third teams along with some girls teams. So ya now they are trying to find ice elsewhere but it's not consistent and makes it difficult for people who thought they were playing there cause it was convent location wise. Sorry RG didn't get the idea to buy it haha. Everyone can pretend to deny it but the Gilmartin's out smarted gallant and that's just a fact.

won't you take me to ....hockey town