Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2008 Elite

A few surprising scores this weekend. Bandits continue to show well and MFF is dominant. Can anyone hand with this team?

Re: 2008 Elite

MFF isn't invincible. The MF tied them

MFF plays together year round. They're not opening their season like others are. That said, they still look like the class of the league.

SSK has been solid... the 08 division is loaded.

MFF team is basically their brick team minus 3-4 kids

Anon

08 Division is really stacked.

1. MFF (a true beast)
2. BJE (real solid)
3. MMF (deep)
4. SSK (suprisingly competitive)
5. Bandits (better but will settle back to .500)
6. Ct Huskies (falling off map, soft, no depth)

Toe Blake - Maybe MFF is onto something with the model that allows their kids to play together all year...

Tic Tac TOE ... Goal!

Model
Toe Blake - Maybe MFF is onto something with the model that allows their kids to play together all year...

Tic Tac TOE ... Goal!

MFF is like this at many birth years. They draw from a huge area without much (real) competition for players.

anon
Model

Tic Tac TOE ... Goal!

MFF is like this at many birth years. They draw from a huge area without much (real) competition for players.

That's a totally valid point. It would be like forming a top team combining BJT, BJE, SSK, Breakers, Bandits

Many of those MFF parents (or in all honesty their nannies or au pairs) drive 45-60 min each way 3 days a week for practice. There isn't much stiff competition in CT at the elite level.

Toe Blake
Anon

1. MFF (a true beast)
2. BJE (real solid)
3. MMF (deep)

I can finish this off, I have an 08' and this list above is accurate.

7. Islanders
8. Breakers
9. Capitals
10. Top Gun (just got their first league win in 2 years)
11. Terriers (gave Top Gun their first win in 2 years)

Toe Blake
Anon

1. MFF (a true beast)
2. BJE (real solid)
3. MMF (deep)

Jury is out on SSK. They're 4-0 but all 4 against the bottom 4 teams in the league. They get the Flames who are solid this weekend and Huskies who look like they've started really flat, and we'll see how things look for them after that. BJE is a rock on paper but haven't been over impressive. At this age will be curious to see how they all look in Dec and Jan..

Anon

They have a very good defense and goal-tending tandem. Offensively they're not dominant, but they have several players who can put the puck in the net.

Did you mean to say "stacked"?

MFF outscored 2 of the top teams in the league 33-8 over the last 2 weekends. Wow

Maybe they should play in the 07 elite division...

MFF should be reported to PETA for the beat down they put on the Huskies!

What happened to BJT? Yikes

the 2008 parents may just be taking over as the next generation of whack jobs too into hockey

anon
the 2008 parents may just be taking over as the next generation of whack jobs too into hockey
It's the same three people who post a new "2008 division is stacked" thread every week or so. No one is "talking about" nine year old hockey except deranged parents and maybe the people who cash your checks.

Anon
anon
It's the same three people who post a new "2008 division is stacked" thread every week or so. No one is "talking about" nine year old hockey except deranged parents and maybe the people who cash your checks.

What are these people thinking? Don't they know none of this counts until the hitting starts?! And if that doesn't work for you then you just throw everything out the window because none of this matters until HS tryouts!

anon
Anon
anon

What are these people thinking? Don't they know none of this counts until the hitting starts?! And if that doesn't work for you then you just throw everything out the window because none of this matters until HS tryouts!

Don't forget the handful of 08's that will quit in a few years because they still cant tie their own skates !

Which one of these teams is the best at tying their own skates?

Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Don't forget the handful of 08's that will quit in a few years because they still cant tie their own skates !

and just wait til the hitting starts!!

There is no hitting in todays game

Sdf

Ya, but just wait til it starts!!

anon
Sdf

Found this in the parking lot at a rink this weekend it must have fallen out of this college scouts notebook. I blocked out key letters to protect the school's name

Bxxton Coxxegx Eaxxxs

Stopped by to watch U18 and saw an 08 Elite game instead. Wow unbelievable talent. The 08's are stacked !!! I saw 2 or 3 forwards actually get the puck off the ice on a shot or 2. Defense could skate backwards without falling down except when a few tripped over the "elevated" blue line. The back checking was incredible as only a "few" players fell down doing it. Totally impressed by the parent coaches in the stands. This group really understands how the game is played Even heard a few parents call penalties and icings. These people really know what they are doing and are dedicated. I believe that BX should be the first school to commit 5 or 6 08's because they are really "stacked"

Xerry Xork

These guys should protect their notes better

Anon
anon
Sdf

Found this in the parking lot at a rink this weekend it must have fallen out of this college scouts notebook. I blocked out key letters to protect the school's name

Bxxton Coxxegx Eaxxxs

Stopped by to watch U18 and saw an 08 Elite game instead. Wow unbelievable talent. The 08's are stacked !!! I saw 2 or 3 forwards actually get the puck off the ice on a shot or 2. Defense could skate backwards without falling down except when a few tripped over the "elevated" blue line. The back checking was incredible as only a "few" players fell down doing it. Totally impressed by the parent coaches in the stands. This group really understands how the game is played Even heard a few parents call penalties and icings. These people really know what they are doing and are dedicated. I believe that BX should be the first school to commit 5 or 6 08's because they are really "stacked"

Xerry Xork

I am absolutely stunned that you just sat there and typed that up. Completely dumbfounded. So first you read through the original thread which took time, then you made up this foolish example to prove a point about squirt hockey. Think this board officially hit bottom. Only up from here.

anon
Anon
anon
Sdf

Bxxton Coxxegx Eaxxxs

Xerry Xork

I am absolutely stunned that you just sat there and typed that up. Completely dumbfounded. So first you read through the original thread which took time, then you made up this foolish example to prove a point about squirt hockey. Think this board officially hit bottom. Only up from here.

that was a pretty clever post mr. 08 a$$ clown ^^

08 elite parents are crazy looking forward to years of fun reading thanks

anon
Anon
anon
Sdf

Bxxton Coxxegx Eaxxxs

Xerry Xork

I think the post is brilliant and it probably took him 3 minutes to read your posts written at a 2nd grade level and 2 minutes to type it up.

Any big changes at the top and bottom of the E9 for next season?

Ano
Any big changes at the top and bottom of the E9 for next season?
No changes expected next season.

Heard warriors blowing up as are the bottom feeders

Anonymous
Heard warriors blowing up as are the bottom feeders
E9 looks to be an more anemic than this year. Let the debate begin as to which will be better next year, E9 or EHF Tier 1 black division.

No E9 team really cracked the list at all? If the BJT and the BJR played, would anyone win? Rumor has both are blown up already. Is it the coaches or the kids?

If all of the kids wind up in the EHF Elite or E9 Elite definitely blame the coach. If half of the kids wind up in EHF Elite or E9 coaches deserve partial blame.

Thanks Coach. Stay off the Dboard. We’re actually trying to have some fun blasting you. Stop bringing up the fact that we were in an Elite league with ZERO Elite players you’re ruining the fun. 08’s are apparently stacked outside of these programs.

To think Jr was an ankle breaker in 2017-2018 as daddy played coach for a couple years and got the elite title for him. Now junior has to go back to town and settle for the 2 or 3’s. Commute will be easy at least.

Anon
A few surprising scores this weekend. Bandits continue to show well and MFF is dominant. Can anyone hand with this team?
2008 could be the strongest age group.

BJE are as good as MFF. After that MMF has a slight edge over the Huskies, SSK and Bandits which are interchangeable depending on the day.

Anon
BJE are as good as MFF. After that MMF has a slight edge over the Huskies, SSK and Bandits which are interchangeable depending on the day.
Islanders are better than the Bandits. I don't see them mentioned anywhere.

The original "08s are stacked" string?