Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: % of coaches kids who are truly ELITE?

Anon
What is the percentage of coaches kids who are truly elite players playing on elite teams?

I'm thinking around 3% or less?

In the BHL = none
In the E9 = none
In Fed Elite = 45%

#fedelite4lyfe

Fed percentage is way off buddy

anon
Anon
What is the percentage of coaches kids who are truly elite players playing on elite teams?

In the BHL = none
In the E9 = none
In Fed Elite = 45%

#fedelite4lyfe
As entertaining as this board is, this act is getting old.

anon
Anon

In the BHL = none
In the E9 = none
In Fed Elite = 45%

#fedelite4lyfe
Let me correct you: 0%, 0% and 0%.

Anon

0%. "Elite" is a made up term, you'll do better remembering that.

Anon

Same as the percentage league wide who are truly elite regardless of parents, probably 3% or less !

Anon
Anon

Same as the percentage league wide who are truly elite regardless of parents, probably 3% or less !

Compared to the real top leagues in the country and Canada it is around .002% locally here .

Anon

Elite? Youth hockey players aren't "elite." Nor are any youth hockey teams "elite." Stop buying what they're selling you.

Anon
Anon

Elite? Youth hockey players aren't "elite." Nor are any youth hockey teams "elite." Stop buying what they're selling you.

I agree with you, but let's not pretend we still don't rank them by ability.

So, if we are getting rid of Elite, where do we go? What designation should we migrate to? Despite how it hurts your pride and your bender’s feelings we need to separate them. We need to classify them and allow them to develop within their allotted skill set.

AAA, AA, A?
Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3?
A, B, C?
Best kids, next best, benders?

Pretty sure once we move to the new paradigm the angry “C” level parents are going to start b*tching there are no true “A” players.

Let's ask the question another way... what % of coaches kids are in the top 3 or 5 players on the team?

anon
Let's ask the question another way... what % of coaches kids are in the top 3 or 5 players on the team?

Maybe 1.5%

anon

Look at the top 6 teams at the 2006 "Elite"

3 Yes
3 No

Islanders No
Terriers No if BY still coaching. Who is third no?

Elite is College, NHL etc. Youth hockey is a business that uses the term elite to sell its product

Tears of A Clown
Anon
Anon

So, if we are getting rid of Elite, where do we go? What designation should we migrate to? Despite how it hurts your pride and your bender’s feelings we need to separate them. We need to classify them and allow them to develop within their allotted skill set.

AAA, AA, A?
Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3?
A, B, C?

Pretty sure once we move to the new paradigm the angry “C” level parents are going to start b*tching there are no true “A” players.

Umm, you already forget they do B2, because C is too harsh for the boys !

Tears of A Clown
Anon
Anon

AAA, AA, A?
Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3?
A, B, C?

Either way parent's of kids who aren't on the top team are going to rip the top group.

Let's just keep it "Elite" and collectively giggle as they lose their minds.

At the end of the day, the only true elite players are playing at the 08 level because that age group is stacked.

Anon
At the end of the day, the only true elite players are playing at the 08 level because that age group is stacked.

wait til' the hitting starts!!

clubber lang
Anon

Wait til 14U and then you will ask why is my kid not on the ONE team that loaded up for nationals . Then you realize there is really only one team with elite kids on it , and they still wont win ........

Anon
clubber lang
Anon

Wait til 14U and then you will ask why is my kid not on the ONE team that loaded up for nationals . Then you realize there is really only one team with elite kids on it , and they still wont win ........

doesn't quite flow off the tongue in the same manner...

Anon
clubber lang
Anon

Can you help us 08 dad's understand? Who are these 14U loaded teams you speak of?