email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anatomy of the Coaches Kid

Dear Coach,

It's you, it's not the parents or the kids.

Best post on subject to date. It's not about coaches kid, it's about the coaches ego's . Secure coaches don't have many issues at at any level.

"This dynamic leads to agenda-favoritism-enabled, behind the scenes driven environment to protect "a few kids"

^^^^^^^ Well said and very true.

well said!

well said... I'll only add the confident coaches are unicorns in today's youth landscape

BINGO!!! Calling out all you smooth talking, slimy assistant coaches, who know how to manipulate the position. You give them an inch & before you know it, the HC is nothing but a front. Sound familiar??

OMG - what is more likely? Getting struck by lightening or uniform agreement by idiot DBoarders?

What is the weather forecast?

Skunkman
OMG - what is more likely? Getting struck by lightening or uniform agreement by idiot DBoarders?

What is the weather forecast?

In 14 combined years in youth hockey (between two kids) I met maybe one straight shooter. Good luck.

Laughing reading this. I’m a HC, have been for years. Of both my kid’s teams and before them Bantam and Midget teams.

Most very true. Assistants on my teams sadly are door openers, for many reasons. I may have to cut them and or their kid. No need to let them in on key decisions for the team based on their agenda.

Lots of “daddy packs” out there. Stay clear of that. I agree that if the coach’s kid is not top 1/2, coach needs to go.

I stopped reading because the OP's grammar was so bad I got a headache trying to figure out what he was saying.

Anon
I stopped reading because the OP's grammar was so bad I got a headache trying to figure out what he was saying.

Thanks Professor! a$$clown ^^

Guy made some good points.

This issue has been batted around for years. I think the only way to really bring this injustice to light is to kneel at the next game. Put down the DD coffee and drop to a knee so we can all start making a difference.