email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2008 Brick Team Tryouts

Don
Your comments are mostly true, with the exception of your comment about the 08s being stacked (what idiot started that phrase). Brick team means absolutely nothing and is a money grab.
A true test of the Brick Team's strength would be a game against the kids that didn't "make" the Brick or those who decided not to go for family, personal or financial reasons.

Vegas Odds: Brickteam +5

The 2008's aren't stacked, they are deep. There is very little high end talent.

They reached out to your 2010 kid so you can pay for 3 summers and get cut. Do you really think your 2010 kid would be playing for the 2008 brick team?

Anon
They reached out to your 2010 kid so you can pay for 3 summers and get cut. Do you really think your 2010 kid would be playing for the 2008 brick team?
Pretty sure that was a joke

Anon
Anon
Pretty sure that was a joke
Sadly, I don't think it was. Think he didn't understand how "it" works.

Top EHF goalie not going; Bad sign bricklayers.

Anon
Top EHF goalie not going; Bad sign bricklayers.
Sorry your goalie kid got cut.

Which goalie may that be???

Kamboom Bitc#### AXX:x:

No Goalie No Playoffs :airplane:

08's are not stacked! BOOOOOOOM!:bomb:

There are 2 standouts among a very deep 2008 pool at tryouts. Both standouts however are "imports" and there are a lot of challenges associated with locking them down I assume.

After those 2 kids there is a pretty heavy chunk of kids in the mix at the forward and D spots and not a lot separates them. The Goalie group is decent, with another import that impressed.

Assuming most spots already have a name penciled in, they have their work cut out for them picking the last few spots. One more tryout on the 15th of December and then call backs.

Two of the top kids that have played with BJB the last few years were not there.

anon
Two of the top kids that have played with BJB the last few years were not there.
That was not a surprise to anyone seeing as they live in CT and NY respectively and will play for Rangers if they make it.

Those 2 kids weren't there because they live in CJR territory.

Anon
Anon
...and an empty wallet...
I thought the team was already picked.
I love the parents that poke fun at the Brick. If CM ever reached out they would drop everything and drive over to the rink in a heartbeat but he won't call b/c their kid isn't good enough.

Chris Masters is a joke. His teams will never win at the Brick because he doesn't pick the best teams. He picks his buddies kids or suckers that Billet their Junior Team kids or go to every camp JB offers. Wake up suckers.......

Word on the street is CM's been reaching out to EHF coached asking about players. Must be having a hard time getting quality players to try out.

I heard there was 80 plus kids that paid for the tryout. Seems like a lot of kids for 15 spots if everyone thinks the team is already picked.

There will be 2-3 teams so 30-45 spots.

Tom
There will be 2-3 teams so 30-35 spots.
And yet, less than half will actually go play in the Mall.

What a country!

Anon
Tom

What a country!
True but still pretty good spring hockey if you play on the other team.

Tom
Anon
Tom

What a country!
Do these teams play an actual spring schedule?

Anon
Tom
Anon
Tom

What a country!
Do these teams play an actual spring schedule?
Last year they played in 3-4 tournaments

Tom
Anon
Tom

What a country!
Do the kids that don't make it get a rebate?

#sellingthedream

Anon
Word on the street is CM's been reaching out to EHF coached asking about players. Must be having a hard time getting quality players to try out.
This is a normal part of the Brick tryouts/recruiting process. That happens every year.

When I heard what the cost to play was I looked around at some of the other teams. Chicago does it right. They got the Blackhawks to help them out the cost is between $3200 and $3800 as opposed to $10000. Check out what that includes. Pretty good deal. Also, Team Minnesota's tryout fee is $30 as opposed to $189. Didn't say the cost to play if you make it.

https://200x85.com/site/wp-content/uploads/Brick_FAQ.pdf

http://www.minnesotablades.com/page/show/290677-tryouts

10,000 includes the travel to Toronto and, more so, Edmonton. I heard the BJB cost is around 3,500. Anyway you look at it that is very expensive for Spring Hockey.

Al
10,000 includes the travel to Toronto and, more so, Edmonton. I heard the BJB cost is around 3,500. Anyway you look at it that is very expensive for Spring Hockey.
Yea I think that $10-$15k+ price tag you frequently hear is the "all-in" price. Basically $ spent from tryouts in Marlboro to closing ceremonies in Edmonton for child/adult/travel/lodging/meals/fuel/out of pocket expenses etc.

It is an enormous number for squirt hockey for sure.

Anon
Al
Yea I think that $10-$15k+ price tag you frequently hear is the "all-in" price. Basically $ spent from tryouts in Marlboro to closing ceremonies in Edmonton for child/adult/travel/lodging/meals/fuel/out of pocket expenses etc.

Final Brick tryouts Friday night at the NESC. Then a few call backs in January if needed.

Anon
Al

When my little guy makes it I'm gonna set up a GoFund page so he can I can go kick it in Edmonton for the week. It's gonna be a great start to our summer!

Anon
Al

Fk that.

Team already picked the GoFund is the tryout.:laughing: :laughing: