email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my hockey algo cant do simple math

goal differential 76 and played 19 games that is 4 gd...not 3.8 Mr. N. lodin

you math is as good as this ranking system.. 3rd grade at best

dont care about rankings but the stats and analytics are important to me..
our team is well on its way to having best record and highest gd for our age group in all of new england

ps by the way our small association has never played the level of competition that we are playing this year..so to all the haters :middle_finger:

dynasty

Re: my hockey algo cant do simple math

Questions: Was this in reply to someone? Are you nuts? Who cares?

only people who care about mathematics..

thats all

Anonee
Questions: Was this in reply to someone? Are you nuts? Who cares?
Wolverine is intent on diminishing his personal reputation on the Boards every chance he gets.

"AGD" is average goal differential. This can be a positive or negative number that equals goals for (GF) minus goals against (GA) divided by games played (GP). One caveat, the system currently has a maximum goal differential of seven (7) for any single game played. This means that if a team plays a number of games decided by more than seven goals, it's not quite as simple as GF-GA/GP.

yes icanreadcanyou.. how about icandomathcanmyhockey

our real gd is 4.58 we are talking about the adjusted gd that my hockey had to correct for me because they cant do math.

Wolverine
yes icanreadcanyou.. how about icandomathcanmyhockey

our real gd is 4.58 we are talking about the adjusted gd that my hockey had to correct for me because they cant do math.

Good for you! Did you move up from the high 300's to a respectable mid 330's? Keep watching that AGD, quoting forecheck systems and talking about Dynasty's.

I think I'm embarrassed for you...

Wolverine

our team is well on its way to having best record and highest gd for our age group in all of new england

ps by the way our small association has never played the level of competition that we are playing this year..so to all the haters :middle_finger:

dynasty

Probably need to take a look at the fine print on their calculation. It's stated pretty clearly that if it's a blow out they only have a max 6 or 7 GD(one of these)permitted. So if you beat someone 10-2 the +8 GD is going to be reduced. That's why your 4 is probably 3.8. If you're playing an average of +4 GD at this point you're sandbagging and at the wrong level anyway.

you are correct about max gd.. the math was wrong and myhockey quickly changes just like my kids when they mess up a math problem on their homework.

no big deal

A Non
Wolverine

dynasty

Probably need to take a look at the fine print on their calculation. It's stated pretty clearly that if it's a blow out they only have a max 6 or 7 GD(one of these)permitted. So if you beat someone 10-2 the +8 GD is going to be reduced. That's why your 4 is probably 3.8. If you're playing an average of +4 GD at this point you're sandbagging and at the wrong level anyway.
about the sandbagging.. we are no more sanbaggers than Islanders 07E or Boston Avantage 07e and others locally. like i said before this is the strongest competition our program has ever attempted in the 40 years we have been developing hockey teams. like alot of other small programs we lost a few top end players last minute to other teams and our family's, HC and much of our administration thought we would be getting annihilated.. that we had reached too far and the level of hockey would be our death blow. Well i saw a different picture. I am glad for the opportunities we have been granted and how our kids have responded.

math is like a forcheck 1-2-2, 2-1-2, 1-1-3, result will be quantifiable and defined

Wolverine
A Non
Wolverine

dynasty

about the sandbagging.. we are no more sanbaggers than Islanders 07E or Boston Avantage 07e and others locally. like i said before this is the strongest competition our program has ever attempted in the 40 years we have been developing hockey teams. like alot of other small programs we lost a few top end players last minute to other teams and our family's, HC and much of our administration thought we would be getting annihilated.. that we had reached too far and the level of hockey would be our death blow. Well i saw a different picture. I am glad for the opportunities we have been granted and how our kids have responded.

math is like a forcheck 1-2-2, 2-1-2, 1-1-3, result will be quantifiable and defined
Wait... what... Wolfie. Please don't tell me you are an 07 dad and you are discussing dynasties and goal differentials regarding 07 hockey to say this is the best the organization has ever done.

Let me quote Will Ferrell : "Are you crazy ? You sound insane. You should be medicated !"

and can you remind me gain who your organization is, and where or who you play, I have never even heard of this until you arrived here.

But... If you are a troll, then I actually love you and this is great. But as scary as this may be I think you are genuine with your posts !

Wolverine

dynasty

Bob, I like you , but you are crazy man.

You do know that your "dynasty" is currently ranked 332. Not a type. Three HUNDRED and THIRTY Second !!

Which is why you don't care about that rankings I assume, but stats and analytics are important to you ?

and in the full interest of disclosure, the talent you speak of. Is that the EMHL ?????

Wrong guy.. did I mention talent.

You making assumptions again

btw this is fact based trolling

Have fun

If you are ranked 330 or for that matter anything below 100 simple math is not a MHR problem and simple math is not your problem. Trying to rank teams in the 300's is harder that proving the abc conjecture.... your team is not good, they play lots of other not good teams and if you move up or down 10 spots you are still not good and still playing not good teams. None of this is the fault of the algorithm. in most cases it is a combination of genetic short comings.

Lakes Region Lakers. Still not quite in the top squirt division in the Valley League

The post was about the fact that myhockey can't myhockey can't devide 76 by 19 without help... The rest of thread was just gravey

Just giving a little context for the gravy

The gross goal differential is calculated by subtracting your total goals against from total goals for. The average goal differential shown (which is used to calculate your rating) assigns a cap of 7 to any game differential that exceeds 7. If there are games with goal differential greater than 7, the division won't look right, but the algorithm is being applied correctly.

For instance, you win three games 2-1, 12-2, and 7-3. Your gross goal differential is 15, but for ranking purposes your differential is only 12. So average differential per game appears to be 5, but is really 4 for MHR ranking purposes. His only "mistake" is showing these two data points next to each other, which is somewhat misleading.

But if you care that much, you should easily be able to figure this out, especially if you purport to be curious about mathematics.

Wolverine
Wrong guy.. did I mention talent.

You making assumptions again
Silly me, thinking you meant "talent" when you said we have never played the level of competition we have played this year.

What are you saying ? You guys are the best worst team there is ? You are referring to the level of talent being the worst you have played ? Because you cant be touting your GD if even you are saying you are playing against no talent, unless in your sick and twisted mind the kids are doing great because they also have no talent and are still able to put of four a game agianst no talent.

I think along with myself and several others you are also confused..

and good luck with teh dynasty. You have single handily turned away any potential players for your organization with your craziness here. Good work, but please do keep it up. I am sincere about the keeping it up part.

By d-board standards you are exactly right Anon.. we are the best worst team or the worst best team. The level of competition we are facing this year is great for our team. We are being challenged every game

It's really how you look at it