Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 08 Brick

Not sure about the Islanders, but the Caps 08 elite goalie is phenomenal. He faces 40+ shots regularly.

Doesn't matter. Montreal goalie is ridiculous

9 year old hockey analysis. I feel dirty just reading this. Guys, if you just stay out of the way, it gets so much more fun when they are older. Trick is to keep them on the ice and not afraid of their parent's pre and post game speech during the car rides.

Anon
Doesn't matter. Montreal goalie is ridiculous
Really so why would a goalie from Canada come here to play for the Brick team. Huh! He must be Carey Price and Hockey Canada simply made a mistake.

To play in the Brick silly

I love how people think if the kid is from Canada then he is automatically some stud. If the kid moves a mile over the Maine border then he isnt that good because he isnt Canadian. Just a little secret for you - USA has caught up to Canada in hockey. With that, If the kid was that great why didnt he make one the many Canadian Brick Teams - Montreal, Saskatechwan, Two Toronto Teams, Team Brick, etc?

anon
I love how people think if the kid is from Canada then he is automatically some stud. If the kid moves a mile over the Maine border then he isnt that good because he isnt Canadian. Just a little secret for you - USA has caught up to Canada in hockey. With that, If the kid was that great why didnt he make one the many Canadian Brick Teams - Montreal, Saskatechwan, Two Toronto Teams, Team Brick, etc?
This kid could move to Kodiak, Siberia or Swampscott. He was without a doubt the best goalie at the tryouts. Everyone (except you) who was there was talking about him.

I was there. My kid tried out. I saw two skaters that were above and beyond and the one goalie. 30 kids didn't belong - not because they stink - just need more development. The rest are comparable in my opinion. What really struck me was the so-called top 40 and last years Jr. Bruins teams kid weren't as good as I expected. The rest of the kids are catching up. Lots of NY kids from Westchester and Jr. Sabers. Why would they tryout? To make one of the lower level teams?

A
I was there. My kid tried out. I saw two skaters that were above and beyond and the one goalie. 30 kids didn't belong - not because they stink - just need more development. The rest are comparable in my opinion. What really struck me was the so-called top 40 and last years Jr. Bruins teams kid weren't as good as I expected. The rest of the kids are catching up. Lots of NY kids from Westchester and Jr. Sabers. Why would they tryout? To make one of the lower level teams?
You summed up every "elite" youth hockey team tryout ever held. One or two actual elite players, the rest comparable. The parents are the ones that don't realize it.

Everyone talked about him because no one knew who he was. Same with the other Canadian kids that tried out.