Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Protect the kids

Serious topic -anyone know which teams require CORI forms? Lovell says they do for anyone who steps on the ice. Town seems pretty good about it too - EHF teams its not as standard. Lot of news about abusive coaches and plenty out there with anger management issues at minimum. CORIs aren't fool proof but seems like liability risk for the teams that don't require them.

Re: Protect the kids

I think the information youth parents would actually be more concerned about would be SORI Requests...not many instances of kids getting beaten up by coaches. Not that it makes you look uninformed or anything.

Read the dboard and both are relevant for all involved in the game. Even DUIs raise questions teams should be aware of.

Anon
Read the dboard and both are relevant for all involved in the game. Even DUIs raise questions teams should be aware of.
Except, like the OP, many are unaware of the difference and only require CORIs. So, you can have a clean CORI and still be a registered sex offender.

CORI system is flawed. I coach two teams and am CORIed for each but for me to chaperone a field trip at my kids school I need another one? So that's three in the same year.

Anon
CORI system is flawed. I coach two teams and am CORIed for each but for me to chaperone a field trip at my kids school I need another one? So that's three in the same year.
That is strictly a liability thing. The CORI info comes from the same place and itrwill show you had multiple CORI's done.

That is done to protect the individual organization to ensure that they did a CORI check for liability. Monotonous...yes, but you should be able to understand why you need to do one at each organization in this day and age.

Watch the news. If we are serious about protecting the kids and their families, we need to set up metal detector check points at all of the rinks and search everyone's bags.

Ever since Cap A left the DBoard due to her psychologist's request this whole 'protect the kids' thing around here has been a bit hollow. Come back Cap, the children need you!!!!

SafeyFirst
Serious topic -anyone know which teams require CORI forms? Lovell says they do for anyone who steps on the ice. Town seems pretty good about it too - EHF teams its not as standard. Lot of news about abusive coaches and plenty out there with anger management issues at minimum. CORIs aren't fool proof but seems like liability risk for the teams that don't require them.
EHF It is a standard.

6.5 Coaches Eligibility. All coaches must have demonstrated experience coaching hockey and must be certified through a nationally recognized certification process. All coaches must be CORI certified & properly registered with the League Office. Any compensation for coaching shall be capped at $5,000, per team/per person in money or moneys worth. Each program shall be fined for the amount of such compensation paid to such coach in money or moneys worth that is in excess of $5,000.