Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: We will not be back! Thanks for the headache!

anon
Please narrow you rant. Your post reads like a mission statement for the following programs:

1. Top Gun
2. Bandits
3. TACC
4. entire state of RI

Tacc is the only one that applies... bandits, topgun have issues but not with the organization or the coaches or the ice time. Don’t lump those teams in with the mess that is uniquely TACC

You can't say people don't do there research, if you get sold a bill of goods why would you think programs would lie, about youth sports nonetheless. Think about this, every so called club team wants to be paid before the year even starts, what kind of crap is that? Because they don't care what happens after the season starts, if we paid during the season they would have to keep their word, they would have to be held accountable for what they sell.

The 1:39 PM poster is correct.
It does not matter what age group, I give kudos to all the Coaches.
All the questions from parents that were addressed to ownership. That were never answered.
Some of the Coaches took the brunt of it because of the lack of communication. The Hockey Director and the Hockey end of the Business were not answering anything. Some of issues were not the color of the socks stuff. Issues like, "should this guy be around kids coaching, he is a loose cannon". Issues of showing up for practices/skills or games and there is no referees or other teams. Then have your team scheduled for ice practice/game and they bump you because they had to schedule a Juniors game. Two ice surfaces, "we are the biggest leaser of ice". Another team still shows up to play you and there is no ice or you have been bumped. No one communicated that to the other team or with their own coaches. No organization people around, just the Home Coach now dealing with another Coach and parents who have driven awhile to get here. Sorry, No game! That always goes over well.

Anon
The 1:39 PM poster is correct.
It does not matter what age group, I give kudos to all the Coaches.
All the questions from parents that were addressed to ownership. That were never answered.
Some of the Coaches took the brunt of it because of the lack of communication. The Hockey Director and the Hockey end of the Business were not answering anything. Some of issues were not the color of the socks stuff. Issues like, "should this guy be around kids coaching, he is a loose cannon". Issues of showing up for practices/skills or games and there is no referees or other teams. Then have your team scheduled for ice practice/game and they bump you because they had to schedule a Juniors game. Two ice surfaces, "we are the biggest leaser of ice". Another team still shows up to play you and there is no ice or you have been bumped. No one communicated that to the other team or with their own coaches. No organization people around, just the Home Coach now dealing with another Coach and parents who have driven awhile to get here. Sorry, No game! That always goes over well.
Is this all true?

I've never experienced this even in town hockey.

Anon
It is finally over! We tried it and we did not like it!
We have been reading all season and even at the end of last season about this organization constantly. We have bit our tongues and waited for it to come to an end. Now we will say something.
We saw a week ago a defender of this individual post about what great guys the new own and his staff are. It is hard to believe because that poster. He is one of the individuals who helped with the business plan for the new organization.

"Please feel bad for him, this is his life dream". Damage control. They bought an organization that was there for years, established an had a loyal base of players and parents.

Now we are getting emails begging us to stay and even though there is no new building the organization is going to be here next season. Broken promises! Scheduling issues the entire season, some teams missed a number of games that where never made up. In the emails the price has not changed, it still is expensive for nothing you get/got.
Coaches and parents are leaving, even before the season ended. It was a disaster!
With that behind us we are moving on. Back to Town or somewhere else, but not back there.

People this is not a hater of the guy, I never said a word to him. They had to set up a parent's board so people could express their grievances. All eye wash!! I am there for my kid to play hockey.

"We have had some growing pains"!!!! Come on, you guys said you have run this and that. "We have created a team with the most Hockey knowledge in Massachusetts".

Local town hockey programs are run better. These are Landscapers, Fisherman, Guys who play in a Beer league and local moms. Do/did a better job!

Cmon ! The guy built a wicked ****** outdoor ice rink for his kids and his buddies ! Something has to be said for that, he did that because he loves to teach the game of hockey. Have you not read the posts !

That has to amount for something at least equal to or even more so than him destroying two hockey programs in two years !!

Anon
It is finally over! We tried it and we did not like it!
We have been reading all season and even at the end of last season about this organization constantly. We have bit our tongues and waited for it to come to an end. Now we will say something.
We saw a week ago a defender of this individual post about what great guys the new own and his staff are. It is hard to believe because that poster. He is one of the individuals who helped with the business plan for the new organization.

"Please feel bad for him, this is his life dream". Damage control. They bought an organization that was there for years, established an had a loyal base of players and parents.

Now we are getting emails begging us to stay and even though there is no new building the organization is going to be here next season. Broken promises! Scheduling issues the entire season, some teams missed a number of games that where never made up. In the emails the price has not changed, it still is expensive for nothing you get/got.
Coaches and parents are leaving, even before the season ended. It was a disaster!
With that behind us we are moving on. Back to Town or somewhere else, but not back there.

People this is not a hater of the guy, I never said a word to him. They had to set up a parent's board so people could express their grievances. All eye wash!! I am there for my kid to play hockey.

"We have had some growing pains"!!!! Come on, you guys said you have run this and that. "We have created a team with the most Hockey knowledge in Massachusetts".

Local town hockey programs are run better. These are Landscapers, Fisherman, Guys who play in a Beer league and local moms. Do/did a better job!

Sounds like a TACC parent to me....not like you weren't warned

if organization is that poorly run, E9/BHL should kick them out. Hurts reputation of entire league with poorly run organizations.

You are correct! The word is that they maybe be booted and going to the PHL.

As any reasonable parent, you should of ripped the coach a new one and taught him how to coach!

Anon
You are correct! The word is that they maybe be booted and going to the PHL.
You can't get booted when you don't have teams

tl;dr

There are still people lining up to hand over money and call their kid “elite”...
You want to see Elite?? Go watch the EHF top teams . That’ll clue you in on how average your kid is . Save your money .

i heard everything was going to be ok?? i thought the issues all got resolved during meetings, not sure but maybe i am wrong. i like the jersey colors

WN will fix everything he's looking for more sports cars to sell to build the facility and the other guy is up in Canada building up his bank account with the CFL. Just trust them and your kids will play in college and pro!

Anon
WN will fix everything he's looking for more sports cars to sell to build the facility and the other guy is up in Canada building up his bank account with the CFL. Just trust them and your kids will play in college and pro!
Too bad the other guy is up in Canada with the CFL. WN, the hockey world can do without. The kids in the Cape could have really benefited from that turf though

So, wait, this whole thread is about a family that has decided to leave a mid-level recreational hockey program to go back to a lower level recreational hockey program?

And this is important enough for anyone to spend more than one minute on?

Anon
So, wait, this whole thread is about a family that has decided to leave a mid-level recreational hockey program to go back to a lower level recreational hockey program?

Hate to clue you in but it's pretty much all recreational hockey. Even the majority of kids in elite are playing for high school and the beer league. Stop thumping your chest.

Anon
Anon

Hate to clue you in but it's pretty much all recreational hockey. Even the majority of kids in elite are playing for high school and the beer league. Stop thumping your chest.
Sorry, where is there chest-thumping? I allowed for high-level recreational hockey, which is what I would consider EHF Elite and E9.

Oops, your insecurity is showing!

Anon
Anon
Anon

Hate to clue you in but it\'s pretty much all recreational hockey. Even the majority of kids in elite are playing for high school and the beer league. Stop thumping your chest.
Sorry, where is there chest-thumping? I allowed for high-level recreational hockey, which is what I would consider EHF Elite and E9.

Oops, your insecurity is showing!
I'm insecure?

Who had to chime in the entire thread is unworthy of reading because the levels being discussed aren't high enough?

Association Info – 2017-18 Cape Cod TA Seahawks22012017-1818017-18

Name Division(s) W-L-T
Midget
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 16U AAA E9HL Midget 16U Elite
9-9-0
Bantam
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 03 AAA BHL 03 American
8-7-2
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 04 AAA BHL 04 National
14-19-8
Peewee
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 05 AAA BHL 05 American
10-26-7
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 06 AAA BHL 06 American
7-26-5
Squirt
Cape Cod TA Seahawks (Elite) 07 AAA
BHL 07 American South
16-21-5
Cape Code TA Seahawks 08 AAA BHL 08 National
19-5-1
Cape Cod TA Seahawks (Selects) 07 AAA BHL 07 National
5-18-1
Mites
Cape Cod TA Seahawks (Elite) 09 AAA
E9HL 09 Elite
16-21-5
Cape Code TA Seahawks 09-10 AAA 09-10 BHL ?
EHL
Cape Cod TA Seahawks EHL Boston Division
EHL
14-29-5

Shocker, hockey out on the Cape Sucks. Thanks for the stats.
:joy: :joy:

It is the Organization not the Region!

If you took and created a Tournament team for each age group from Bourne to Provincetown and the Islands. No strings attached, no parent's or organizational egos getting involved. Just have a tryout, no Daddy Coaching or Friends of a friend stuff.
Let the kids all have a even sheet of ice to make a team. I bet that the Cape Cod kids would be very competitive against many Select/Elite teams and beat them.

Like everything else $$$, organizational jealous, rivalries get all mixed in and that is what causes the turmoil. All wishful thinking!! Cape Cod and the Islands is a very passionate Ice Hockey region. There are also many great Hockey Teachers and Coaches.

That is Hockey Utopia the way it should be, but we know adults get involved.

Boy and Girls teams.
Some of the young ladies can playing against the boys. I have seen a few of them play on the Boys Bantam Town teams.

I have also seen how the they hit in the EHF and E9!!!
Ha Ha!!! Just a joke

Anon
It is the Organization not the Region!

If you took and created a Tournament team for each age group from Bourne to Provincetown and the Islands. No strings attached, no parent's or organizational egos getting involved. Just have a tryout, no Daddy Coaching or Friends of a friend stuff.
Let the kids all have a even sheet of ice to make a team. I bet that the Cape Cod kids would be very competitive against many Select/Elite teams and beat them.

Like everything else $$$, organizational jealous, rivalries get all mixed in and that is what causes the turmoil. All wishful thinking!! Cape Cod and the Islands is a very passionate Ice Hockey region. There are also many great Hockey Teachers and Coaches.

That is Hockey Utopia the way it should be, but we know adults get involved.
Let's do that. Let's put a tournament team together from a similar geography - say, all the best players within a 50 mile radius of Boston, and pit it against the Cape/Island All Stars.

The Cape team wouldn't score a goal.

Looks like 08’s are stacked

Anon
Association Info – 2017-18 Cape Cod TA Seahawks22012017-1818017-18

Name Division(s) W-L-T
Midget
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 16U AAA E9HL Midget 16U Elite
9-9-0
Bantam
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 03 AAA BHL 03 American
8-7-2
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 04 AAA BHL 04 National
14-19-8
Peewee
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 05 AAA BHL 05 American
10-26-7
Cape Cod TA Seahawks 06 AAA BHL 06 American
7-26-5
Squirt
Cape Cod TA Seahawks (Elite) 07 AAA
BHL 07 American South
16-21-5
Cape Code TA Seahawks 08 AAA BHL 08 National
19-5-1
Cape Cod TA Seahawks (Selects) 07 AAA BHL 07 National
5-18-1
Mites
Cape Cod TA Seahawks (Elite) 09 AAA
E9HL 09 Elite
16-21-5
Cape Code TA Seahawks 09-10 AAA 09-10 BHL ?
EHL
Cape Cod TA Seahawks EHL Boston Division
EHL
14-29-5

I am curious as to what tourneys they played in to get those wins, because it surely wasn't league play !

I believe each team played in the Seahawks Invitational 04-09.
Some played in the JWK and other tournaments.
I think that each team played in two tournaments during the year.
The 05-06 did three.
I believe parity games were also counted.