Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tryouts

Anon
Anon
Anon
If your kid doesn\\\'t have an inside track on an open spot you\\\'re most likely making a donation to the program.
I see your point on this but even knowing this as a parent I am letting my kid tryout for a team that he will not make. I want him to try his best and even though he won\'t make it he at least tried. If we all just said to our kids its all decided before the tryout than we are sending a bad message to them about trying new things and trying to be better. I know its a donation but he doesn\'t. He will not make the team and I will just tell him you did your best, work hard next year and tryout again.

Just because the system is a little flawed doesn\'t mean the kids should not try.
My sons an 06, a couple years when we were looking to make the town to club jump he wanted to try out for a team we knew he wouldn't make. He was good on his town team but not elite ready, we spent the hundred bucks and it was the best thing we did for him. He knew he wasn't as good as most of the kids so he started shooting pucks every day, asking about extra skills and what not. Sometimes humbling the kids help them, I didn't buy him an I didn't make it trophy.
I get this. I do.

If nothing else it tells you your kid's motivation level to compete. Some kids who don't measure up decide to work until they do and some realize the drive just isn't there. It's actually really good for the parents to know where their kid falls in that regard.

Post of the year has to be “the 08’s are stacked!!!” Not as classic as “sorry your kid got cut” or “ wait till the hitting starts” but new to this year and reaching that status

We have to be better in all 3 zones. Chip pucks deep and get bodies to the net.

I hope you all realize you're replying to a post that was two question marks.

!!

Anon
I hope you all realize you're replying to a post that was two question marks.
??