The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IHC 06E

What is going on with this team? Coach quit and or fired. Half the team leaving. Great way to finish and good example to set for the kids. All that is wrong with youth hockey.

Re: IHC 06E

There is a number of things wrong with youth hockey & in particular club hockey but player/coach movement in my mind is one of the bonuses of the current system. In fact, the ability to shop for a coach that best fits for your player, at a rink that is within reasonable proximity to your home is the best thing about club.

Sorry they didn't ask you to join the going away party.

Team is good and new coach should be good... heard they have been calling kids to come since Jan and can't fill the roster. One EHF kid moving over the rest said no thanks. What is the issue there?

Sorry your E9 bender didn't get an invite. HC was out of his league

Coach built the team from mite minor through pw minor and did a fine job. After 5 years with the same coach it was time for a change. Team did well the last few seasons and then had a hard landing every year after February.

New coaches coming in are very good - RG wants to build a good team for the Q and the natural cuts that happen each year are continuing. From what I've heard, 3 kids leaving (1 is coaches kid) for other leagues. 1 leaving on their own to go to a team closer to home.

The team only has 2 or 3 left from mite minor going into next season.

Didn't pretty much every kid on this team play in the E9 before jumping to Islanders... might be a great example of where kids are actually developing. Classic group of tournament chasers.

ANON
Didn't pretty much every kid on this team play in the E9 before jumping to Islanders... might be a great example of where kids are actually developing. Classic group of tournament chasers.
A lot of recruiting for that team to build up for the Q. With movement rules a lot of kids came from the E9. There's a lot of crazy that happens when you chase a tournament, and potentially a lot more if you fail to make it. Took players from BA, VJW and Spartans.

That team can be a bit Jekyll and Hyde (for the sake of this board Jackle and Hide), can dominate teams but can also loose to weaker teams. They Lost to TG and when we played them we were tied going into second and we didn't make the playoffs!

Heard RG burst into the locker room and told 3 kids they had contracts and everyone else was "playing for their lives" after a game. ... Also, heard the coach wanted to keep the team together, but some parents told him to cut some kids. He didn't want to, thought the kids were coming along and developing, and parents complained. Asked RG "Look, do you want to be an elite program or not?"

Same said parents have made this hockey season miserable. Players and parents divided by Lenny The Nose!

Anon
Same said parents have made this hockey season miserable. Players and parents divided by Lenny The Nose!
Also known as "Schnauzer" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:

Anon
Anon
Also known as "Schnauzer" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:
GM Shnauzers 06 IHC team tied MMF 5-5 in a come from ahead tie. Keep at it Lenny!

anon
Anon
Anon
Also known as \"Schnauzer\" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:
GM Shnauzers 06 IHC team tied MMF 5-5 in a come from ahead tie. Keep at it Lenny!
:astonished: :astonished: That doesn't mean much...the Kings tied the flames 3-3...and they were sub .500...

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Also known as \\\"Schnauzer\\\" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:
:astonished: :astonished: That doesn't mean much...the Kings tied the flames 3-3...and they were sub .500...
Lost to Eagles in finals. No way to sugarcoat that lost, eh Lenny the nose and goalie dad? Back to the drawing board once again.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Also known as \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Schnauzer\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:
:astonished: :astonished: That doesn\\\'t mean much...the Kings tied the flames 3-3...and they were sub .500...
Lost to Eagles in finals. No way to sugarcoat that lost, eh Lenny the nose and goalie dad? Back to the drawing board once again.
Not the way Schnauzer:nose: :nose: and goalie dad:construction_worker: :construction_worker: drew it up...But that's OK...goalie dad is taking junior to play in Canada...it wasn't his fault they lost....it was the Defense...they failed to block all the shots...well the hard ones anyways...:laughing: :laughing:

Where Eagles Dare
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Also known as \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Schnauzer\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:
:astonished: :astonished: That doesn\\\\\\\'t mean much...the Kings tied the flames 3-3...and they were sub .500...
Not the way Schnauzer:nose: :nose: and goalie dad:construction_worker: :construction_worker: drew it up...But that's OK...goalie dad is taking junior to play in Canada...it wasn't his fault they lost....it was the Defense...they failed to block all the shots...well the hard ones anyways...:laughing: :laughing:
Canada? Really? I realize that 90% of what is said on here is fake news but if it's true it just goes to show the lengths that a parent will go to see that their child makes it. It appears that goalie dad has been trying to build the best team to surround his kid with and if that team is in Canada well then good luck to them. It's not any ones place to cast judgement on how a parent wants to help their kid reach the next level. It's not how I or most of the parents I know would go about it but to each their own.

Anon
Where Eagles Dare
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Also known as \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Schnauzer\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:
:astonished: :astonished: That doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t mean much...the Kings tied the flames 3-3...and they were sub .500...
Not the way Schnauzer:nose: :nose: and goalie dad:construction_worker: :construction_worker: drew it up...But that\'s OK...goalie dad is taking junior to play in Canada...it wasn\'t his fault they lost....it was the Defense...they failed to block all the shots...well the hard ones anyways...:laughing: :laughing:
Canada? Really? I realize that 90% of what is said on here is fake news but if it's true it just goes to show the lengths that a parent will go to see that their child makes it. It appears that goalie dad has been trying to build the best team to surround his kid with and if that team is in Canada well then good luck to them. It's not any ones place to cast judgement on how a parent wants to help their kid reach the next level. It's not how I or most of the parents I know would go about it but to each their own.
Laughable. The kid plays on a Canadian (made mostly of US kids) spring and summer team. He's not going to Canada next season - that's just silly.

There's a lot of stone-throwing on this board when a team makes changes to get better. Kid played very well yesterday in the finals - just didn't have the support defensively.

Anon
Anon
Where Eagles Dare
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Also known as \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Schnauzer\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:
:astonished: :astonished: That doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t mean much...the Kings tied the flames 3-3...and they were sub .500...
Not the way Schnauzer:nose: :nose: and goalie dad:construction_worker: :construction_worker: drew it up...But that\\\'s OK...goalie dad is taking junior to play in Canada...it wasn\\\'t his fault they lost....it was the Defense...they failed to block all the shots...well the hard ones anyways...:laughing: :laughing:
Canada? Really? I realize that 90% of what is said on here is fake news but if it\'s true it just goes to show the lengths that a parent will go to see that their child makes it. It appears that goalie dad has been trying to build the best team to surround his kid with and if that team is in Canada well then good luck to them. It\'s not any ones place to cast judgement on how a parent wants to help their kid reach the next level. It\'s not how I or most of the parents I know would go about it but to each their own.
Laughable. The kid plays on a Canadian (made mostly of US kids) spring and summer team. He's not going to Canada next season - that's just silly.

There's a lot of stone-throwing on this board when a team makes changes to get better. Kid played very well yesterday in the finals - just didn't have the support defensively.

Down 4-1 in the first and the D started pinching. You're going to give up some breakaways and Eagles had a F deep in the neutral zone. Goalie played well on the breakaways but to say he didn't get support defensively is a stretch.

Played well second and third but the the game was over in the first.

Eagles got the lead early, but the story of the game was the play of the Eagles goalie who made a bunch of great saves in the third to save the game.

Anon
Eagles got the lead early, but the story of the game was the play of the Eagles goalie who made a bunch of great saves in the third to save the game.
+1 - Kid was lights out. Made some HUGE saves to preserve the win.

After watching the development (or lack of for this board) it's hard to believe where these kids were a few years ago. That was a good hockey game - looked like real hockey. These are the first tastes of real hockey as they get bigger and more mature. No, the hitting hasn't started but the game was physical and fast. Good showing for this age group.

Anon
Anon
+1 - Kid was lights out. Made some HUGE saves to preserve the win.

After watching the development (or lack of for this board) it's hard to believe where these kids were a few years ago. That was a good hockey game - looked like real hockey. These are the first tastes of real hockey as they get bigger and more mature. No, the hitting hasn't started but the game was physical and fast. Good showing for this age group.

Thanks Goalie Dad...:laughing: :laughing:

Anon
This game was over after the first period.

Both really good teams - Eagles deeper. Will be interesting to see how IHC progresses - the size/speed advantage of some of bigger kids will become less prominent every year going forward as other kids hit growth spurts etc. no skin in game and some very good players on both sides that I think you'll hear about down the road.

anon
Both really good teams - Eagles deeper. Will be interesting to see how IHC progresses - the size/speed advantage of some of bigger kids will become less prominent every year going forward as other kids hit growth spurts etc. no skin in game and some very good players on both sides that I think you'll hear about down the road.
I wouldn't say Eagles are deeper because they only carry 2 fwd lines and 4 or 5 D (maybe deeper is correct). There's no third line mentality on that team. They play at a high level and are used to it because they played that way all year.

Size and strength will be interesting over the next few years as kids hit puberty at different ages. Forwards on both sides were very good. IHC has one of the best forwards of that age group in this area. I was very impressed watching the Eagles D as well. IHC has some good defenseman but the Eagles had size, skill and made very smart plays with the puck.

Both teams should be at the top of their standings next season and with additions may be very good regionally as well. I disagree with the prior post that it was over in the first, sure Eagles had a 4-1 lead but they were on their heels and deep in their own zone for much of the second and third. Totally agree that the Eagles goalie kept them in it. Not sure which goalie was in net for Eagles but he was very good. Fun hockey to watch.

IHC's new additions are better than 90% of the existing kids on their roster. That team is going to improve by leaps.
*disclaimer; I dont have a dog in the fight

Again how were they able to swing taking on two players from the same EHF team? A rival one at that.

anon
Again how were they able to swing taking on two players from the same EHF team? A rival one at that.
I would ask GM Schnauzer:nose: ...Im sure he NOSE nothing about it!!:nose: :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anon
anon
I would ask GM Schnauzer:nose: ...Im sure he NOSE nothing about it!!:nose: :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
They didn't. One from MMF, one from BJE and one from Seacoast Spartans. Out of a 15 person roster it's hard to be better than 90% of the existing team. I get your point but the math just doesn't work...

Schnauzer and Goalie Dad (AKA Mr. Clean) are sweeping kids up.

I heard that Schnauzer is financing much of it to build a team for the Q. The two are either geniuses or not.

HOC
Anon
anon
They didn't. One from MMF, one from BJE and one from Seacoast Spartans. Out of a 15 person roster it's hard to be better than 90% of the existing team. I get your point but the math just doesn't work...

Point taken. IMO the new additions are better than 2/3 of the existing team. Hence I think they will improve (year over year) by leaps.

Anon
HOC
Anon
anon
They didn\'t. One from MMF, one from BJE and one from Seacoast Spartans. Out of a 15 person roster it\'s hard to be better than 90% of the existing team. I get your point but the math just doesn\'t work...

Point taken. IMO the new additions are better than 2/3 of the existing team. Hence I think they will improve (year over year) by leaps.
Goalie dad is the biggest tool bag around...Thinks he NOSE:nose: :nose: everything there is to know about youth hockey...Nothing but a glass monkey...:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Funny post Neihaus

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
Also known as \\\\\\\"Schnauzer\\\\\\\" :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:
:astonished: :astonished: That doesn\'t mean much...the Kings tied the flames 3-3...and they were sub .500...
No need to sugar coat that loss. It was a great game. IHC down 4-1 in the first and by the third they spent a lot of time in the Eagles end. Eagles goalie was on fire.

Great game, great match ups, IHC goalie played well.

Islander's will get better and hope to be back next year. Parents are happy and looking forward to next season!

Is he the guy that runs the skills over at Breakaway?

Knower
Heard RG burst into the locker room and told 3 kids they had contracts and everyone else was "playing for their lives" after a game. ... Also, heard the coach wanted to keep the team together, but some parents told him to cut some kids. He didn't want to, thought the kids were coming along and developing, and parents complained. Asked RG "Look, do you want to be an elite program or not?"

Fake news. RG never did that and schnauzer had nothing to do with revamp. Like every other team going for the Q, daddy coaches step aside and paid coaches are brought in.

Oh the Q, The thing most of the Islander teams are built for and never actually get to. Oh, except the tier 1's of course.

The 04's were a wagon, outside of that they are middle of the road EHF teams that promise the Q and never deliver!!!

anon
Oh the Q, The thing most of the Islander teams are built for and never actually get to. Oh, except the tier 1's of course.

The 04's were a wagon, outside of that they are middle of the road EHF teams that promise the Q and never deliver!!!
Stop with the Q chase BS...Its a money grab and for parents to brag that their little bender played in it...Big Deal...Talk to folks who went and they'll tell you its worse than the Brick...spend your money on development and training...your bender will benefit more....:ok_hand: :ok_hand:

That 06 team was remade by goalie dad and TK with RG's blessing as well as a handful of parents who threatened to bail unless they: A) can the head coach, and B) cut the former coache's kid. There is very little in-house development on that team. Its an E9/other EHF programs all star team.

Anon
That 06 team was remade by goalie dad and TK with RG's blessing as well as a handful of parents who threatened to bail unless they: A) can the head coach, and B) cut the former coache's kid. There is very little in-house development on that team. Its an E9/other EHF programs all star team.
06E IHC is made up of 2-3 kids and that's about it...goalie is mediocre as well...BJE has more talent top to bottom...teams should strive to be built like them but that's hard to do these days with daddy coaches and all there buddies benders taking up spots on teams they have no business being on in the first place...Parent's getting involved in coaching decisions and/or which players stay or go is idiotic...99.3% of these kids will be in Beer league in 10 years...face it parents...education before sports...plain and simple...anyone who tells you different is a moron.:disappointed: :disappointed:

Anon
Anon
That 06 team was remade by goalie dad and TK with RG\'s blessing as well as a handful of parents who threatened to bail unless they: A) can the head coach, and B) cut the former coache\'s kid. There is very little in-house development on that team. Its an E9/other EHF programs all star team.
06E IHC is made up of 2-3 kids and that's about it...goalie is mediocre as well...BJE has more talent top to bottom...teams should strive to be built like them but that's hard to do these days with daddy coaches and all there buddies benders taking up spots on teams they have no business being on in the first place...Parent's getting involved in coaching decisions and/or which players stay or go is idiotic...99.3% of these kids will be in Beer league in 10 years...face it parents...education before sports...plain and simple...anyone who tells you different is a moron.:disappointed: :disappointed:
Can't we all just get along.

Anon
Fake news. Core of team has been together since mite major with additions each year to improve. Consistently moved up standings each year.

Ha, remade - team wasn't remade; they picked up 1 fed kid and 1 or 2 from E9. No other EHF kids have moved there except one of the goalies last year when they went to 2. They will be a talented, well-coached team next season. Most of the movement was typical this time of year, bottom 3 move along.

Credit the Islanders to recognize the importance of development and coaching at this age and make a change.

Moved along...Haaa! Thats rich. More like kicked out- along with the coach. Dont act like the top 5 or so families didnt threaten to leave, EVERYONE knows what went down up there. Hockey is a small community buddy. Importance of development and coaching? Haaa! Did goalie daddy/TK/RG look at the 06s that they "developed" on their T1 BLACK/WHITE/SILVER teams? Willing to go out on a limb and say thats a fat No! Probably never even crossed their mind, why would they stoop so low as to actually DEVELOP? when they can recruit E9 kids and other EHF kids. What a joke these 06E parents are at the Islanders. Trying to act like that's a home grown team. I got news for you, your new coach isnt going to like being assigned a team. Any coach worth anything is going to want to assemble his own group. So have fun up at The Q, when you drop 10 large for 2 tourney games and then get bounced. Enjoy it while it lasts... the very same parents that planned the coup of that coach, will so too be "asked to move along". I give that powder keg of egos up there less than a year before that season and roster gets napalmed for good.

Your post says everything - yes, moved along. Yes, coach as well. This board is so funny, the rips on the daddy coaches are endless and then when an org does make a change, the org and parents are ripped.

As far as looking at the black/white/silver teams? Laughable... sorry color dad, let your kid play where they have some fun. If there was talent, they'd have gotten a look.

Everyone rips the lack of development but when a coach is asked to come in and develop a set of pretty good players for their age the daggers start to fly. Sounds like some outsiders looking in and are wishing they were invited. Embrace the crazy and watch the kids develop. It's over in 2 years anyway when the landscape changes. Orange and blue kool-aid tastes pretty good.

Anon
Anon
That 06 team was remade by goalie dad and TK with RG\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s blessing as well as a handful of parents who threatened to bail unless they: A) can the head coach, and B) cut the former coache\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s kid. There is very little in-house development on that team. Its an E9/other EHF programs all star team.
Fake news. Core of team has been together since mite major with additions each year to improve. Consistently moved up standings each year.

Ha, remade - team wasn\\\\\\\'t remade; they picked up 1 fed kid and 1 or 2 from E9. No other EHF kids have moved there except one of the goalies last year when they went to 2. They will be a talented, well-coached team next season. Most of the movement was typical this time of year, bottom 3 move along.

Credit the Islanders to recognize the importance of development and coaching at this age and make a change.

Core has been together hahahaha! 1 forward from Mite Major. 4 forwards left or were cut this year alone. It’s been a complete gong show all year. Lots of ego’s none bigger then the 👃 👃 👃 👃 who divided this team. Also goalie dad a tool

Anon
Anon
Anon
That 06 team was remade by goalie dad and TK with RG\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s blessing as well as a handful of parents who threatened to bail unless they: A) can the head coach, and B) cut the former coache\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s kid. There is very little in-house development on that team. Its an E9/other EHF programs all star team.

Ha, remade - team wasn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t remade; they picked up 1 fed kid and 1 or 2 from E9. No other EHF kids have moved there except one of the goalies last year when they went to 2. They will be a talented, well-coached team next season. Most of the movement was typical this time of year, bottom 3 move along.

Core has been together hahahaha! 1 forward from Mite Major. 4 forwards left or were cut this year alone. It’s been a complete gong show all year. Lots of ego’s none bigger then the 👃 👃 👃 👃 who divided this team. Also goalie dad a tool
Ah....Schnauzer strikes again...:nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing:

Get your facts together before you come on here and bash. First, I have too much respect for a person to give him a derogatory name so let's just leave that alone. The person you are referencing has a kid who was on that team as an original mite minor. There is a core group of kids that played for that team since mite minors - goalie, three defenseman and three forwards.

The rest of the kids were added through normal movement each year, two or three kids.

Get over the personal attacks on parents for wanting something better for their kid.

As far as BJE, they're picking up their max 2 EHF players to get better - one less than IHC.

Anon
Get your facts together before you come on here and bash. First, I have too much respect for a person to give him a derogatory name so let's just leave that alone. The person you are referencing has a kid who was on that team as an original mite minor. There is a core group of kids that played for that team since mite minors - goalie, three defenseman and three forwards.

The rest of the kids were added through normal movement each year, two or three kids.

Get over the personal attacks on parents for wanting something better for their kid.

As far as BJE, they're picking up their max 2 EHF players to get better - one less than IHC.
who do you mean???

Schnozz:laughing:
Schnozola:laughing: :laughing:
Schnozzilla:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :nose: :nose:
Beaker:laughing:

I heard a rumor that they are picking up two more kids. One from MMF and one from Seacoast. I saw them play for the Nordiques last summer. If that turns out to be true it...look out.

Anon
I heard a rumor that they are picking up two more kids. One from MMF and one from Seacoast. I saw them play for the Nordiques last summer. If that turns out to be true it...look out.
Thanks RG...

The kid was a Mite Minor but didn’t they cut him when he broke his leg? Not very classy. The father had to find him another place to play. Good kid and Good family.

NONA
The kid was a Mite Minor but didn’t they cut him when he broke his leg? Not very classy. The father had to find him another place to play. Good kid and Good family.
IHC is all about cutting 7 year olds. Look what they’re doing with their 2010E team this year. Using the coach leaving as an excuse. Assembling a 7/8 yr old super team. Lol. They give a rats a** about development. The only reason I stay (with an older kid) is because I go outside for dev and they are the best option close to my town.

Aren’t they doing that at the 09 team as well?

Is this the 08 team?

I sniff 👃 some serious issues going on with this organization and in particular the 06 team. Kids looking to get out from their contracts. New coach hit it off well last weekend!! What implosion will happen today? 👃 👃 👃 👃

Anon
I sniff 👃 some serious issues going on with this organization and in particular the 06 team. Kids looking to get out from their contracts. New coach hit it off well last weekend!! What implosion will happen today? 👃 👃 👃 👃
Schnauzer strikes again....:nose: :nose: :nose: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: