Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Americans????

I agree. Every organization at every level experiences turnover, which can improve/weaken a team. It doesn’t make sense to keep a team at the Elite level in the EHF or E9. Seeing those 5-25 record standings just proves that there needs to be a change.

Anon
Anon
The Americans are listed as a founding team, which gives a rookie franchise an automatic spot in the E9. This is why BHL/E9 format doesn\'t really work and why they should adopt the Soccer Premier League format. The bottom 3 E9 teams at the end of the season would get demoted to BHL, the top 3 teams of the BHL would replace them in the E9.
If that's true, then the E9 can't ever lay claim to being "elite." I'm not trying to touch off yet another stupid league debate, but how can a team be permanently "elite" if they have never played a single game? How can they be a "founding team" when they didn't exist when the league was founded?

I don't agree that a team should be "elite" in the EHF forever, either, (*cough* *cough* Top Gun) but they were one of the better franchises when the league was formed. They just haven't maintained it. Being there form the start earns them at least some right.
Americans will play parity to get into E9. Facts. Debate over.

Anon
Anon
The Americans are listed as a founding team, which gives a rookie franchise an automatic spot in the E9. This is why BHL/E9 format doesn\'t really work and why they should adopt the Soccer Premier League format. The bottom 3 E9 teams at the end of the season would get demoted to BHL, the top 3 teams of the BHL would replace them in the E9.
If that's true, then the E9 can't ever lay claim to being "elite." I'm not trying to touch off yet another stupid league debate, but how can a team be permanently "elite" if they have never played a single game? How can they be a "founding team" when they didn't exist when the league was founded?

I don't agree that a team should be "elite" in the EHF forever, either, (*cough* *cough* Top Gun) but they were one of the better franchises when the league was formed. They just haven't maintained it. Being there form the start earns them at least some right.
First off anyone can call their team whatever they want; Elite, Premier, AAA, Tier 1. It all means nothing except to the parents living through their kids. How about people be realistic and understand not even 10% of the EHF has Elite players and maybe 1% of the E9, more important how many Elite coaches are out there.

As far as a "Founding" member maybe they should of just called them Warriors South, you know like IHC West. How F@%*ing stupid is this all getting. RG & JG are at war and your kids are just canon fodder. Try to enjoy it because your Elite hockey player will be playing men's beer league before you know it.

Dead on balls, 100% correct on all counts