Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sorry Jeannine, I was wrong

Jeannine, Jeannine I was wrong.

I know you're a long time fan and frequent visitor of the DBoard. I know you've come on here and defended all of the NHL prodigy, all of the friends' kids whenever someone rips them for just being average players but quickly shuffled to the front of the line of every team they ever wanted to play for from the top select teams to USHL teams to national teams and D-1 college teams. I get it, you're a family.

I was one of the many posters who have come on here to point-out that your boy hasn't been 'all that and a bag of chips.' The kid had shortcomings in the defensive zone always floating high up near the blue line, hardly taking the time to bother with defensive responsibilities and most obviously the idea of passing the puck was downright foreign to the boy. And really, until very recently his skating was not even average in the D-1 game. We all saw it and certainly your husband and his brother saw it. And the draft pick; the second round? We all heard the scouts disbelief on 'Behind the B' TV show when they took him in the second round. When they said something to the effect they could have easily got him in the 3rd or 4th round and we all knew it was a Harvard inside job with Peter Chiarelli pulling rank on the scouting staff.

But I have to say the boy stuck with it and congratulations. No one ever thought he couldn't shoot the puck. Even from his squirt days lumping around Pilgrim, The Bog, Foxboro he could shoot. He has worked on his skating and you know what, he actually looks like an NHL skater now. And hats off too for him willing to play in the dirty areas. Simply put it looks like we were all wrong.

Sorry Jeannine, I was wrong.

Re: Sorry Jeannine, I was wrong

Sorry you cut the kid that went to the NHL!

Anon
Sorry you cut the kid that went to the NHL!
DumbA$$:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But wait, I thought if the kid was not a star in squirts he was all done? Here I am listening to all the experts on the dboard and now you tell me the best 9 year olds do not always turn into the best 22 year olds. Next you are going to tell me there is no Santa.

The Easter Bunny doesn't exist either...:rabbit:

I accept your apology. I know it took years of defending my own and all of the other NHL offspring but here we are. My Harvard boy doesn't even get out of school and he is already making a cool million a year. Good luck to all.

Jeannine

Jeannine
I accept your apology. I know it took years of defending my own and all of the other NHL offspring but here we are. My Harvard boy doesn't even get out of school and he is already making a cool million a year. Good luck to all.

Jeannine
You have done a great job raising your kids. Fun to watch him grow into the player he has become. We wish him and any other bender that makes it, all the best. Benders rule!

Sorry your bender went to the NHL

It's been two games, one good, one mediocre. Second goal was a gift. I like him too, I liked him before, even as a second round pick, but keep it in your pants for now.

Anon
It's been two games, one good, one mediocre. Second goal was a gift. I like him too, I liked him before, even as a second round pick, but keep it in your pants for now.
My God, THIS! 100%

The kid might turn out to be great but that needs to be determined. How many kids have come through here red hot only to cool off in short time? Pretty much every one except McAvoy. Give it some time before heading out on the apology tour.

If daddy didn't have juice and pulled a million strings he wouldn't have even gotten a sniff. Nothing to apologize for just more of the same ol nepotism.

anon
If daddy didn't have juice and pulled a million strings he wouldn't have even gotten a sniff. Nothing to apologize for just more of the same ol nepotism.
Ah no. Maybe daddy did pull some strings earlier in hockey but at the levels he's been at you still have to be able to play.

Sorry your jealous and your kid sucks...