email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mass/Conn still divided

anon
Everyone gets it. You and your bender didn't get enough extra special attention so now youre flaming on the way out. Happens everywhere. Carry on.
The problem is the benders get too much of the coaches attention. The practices are geared towards the lower skilled players. The better skilled player's parents get frustrated of the lack of development and take their kids elsewhere. That's why the top kids leave the team every year and why the 07s are in a perpetual cycle of mediocrity. Exactly the opposite of what good programs/coaches do. That's why good players are scattered across W MA and W CT.

I am dumber for reading this post. We know who this 07 parent is. Have fun with the ride to Long Island. After little super star fades, you will not be welcome back. GO Huskies

Bleaker
I am dumber for reading this post. We know who this 07 parent is. Have fun with the ride to Long Island. After little super star fades, you will not be welcome back. GO Huskies
He is taking another fading superstar at the 08' with him on the ride south. I feel bad for these kids, their parents honestly listen to the chatter at the rink. They think if the kid was dominant in mites that it carries through to college.

News flash, you kid isn't even close to what they were a year ago. Everyone is catching them. Forget about showcasing them on premier teams and develop them. We are all giggling.

anon
Bleaker
He is taking another fading superstar at the 08' with him on the ride south. I feel bad for these kids, their parents honestly listen to the chatter at the rink. They think if the kid was dominant in mites that it carries through to college.

News flash, you kid isn't even close to what they were a year ago. Everyone is catching them. Forget about showcasing them on premier teams and develop them. We are all giggling.
So if that's true, what does that say about the organization? It would be one thing if it was an isolated incident, but it's not. Every year top players leave, or never even come, due to the ho-hum attitude of the owner and coaches.

This year top players went to PHC and the Chiefs. In previous years top players left for the MMF and Rifles. Kids that have been alternates get a bad taste and never return. Top players leave and lesser talented kids take their place. The ones that stay do so out of convenience, not because it's better. They just don't have another option that is close to them like the Boston teams do.

Keep giggling.

Sorry your kid didn't develop

If top players are fleeing, maybe more need to leave. At the Fed Elite level, only BJE (3) won more titles this year than CJH (2). Must being doing something right.

Sorry your argument got cut.

anon
anon
Bleaker
He is taking another fading superstar at the 08\' with him on the ride south. I feel bad for these kids, their parents honestly listen to the chatter at the rink. They think if the kid was dominant in mites that it carries through to college.

News flash, you kid isn\'t even close to what they were a year ago. Everyone is catching them. Forget about showcasing them on premier teams and develop them. We are all giggling.
So if that's true, what does that say about the organization? It would be one thing if it was an isolated incident, but it's not. Every year top players leave, or never even come, due to the ho-hum attitude of the owner and coaches.

This year top players went to PHC and the Chiefs. In previous years top players left for the MMF and Rifles. Kids that have been alternates get a bad taste and never return. Top players leave and lesser talented kids take their place. The ones that stay do so out of convenience, not because it's better. They just don't have another option that is close to them like the Boston teams do.

Keep giggling.

Sorry your kid didn't develop

Top Players? Are you talking about 9 and 10 year olds as top players? You make it sound like they had any say in it, its mommy and daddy making this call, not the kids saying "I think I need to play on a different team". The org doesn't beg or chase anyone and some people don't like that. 10 year old top players..lol.. If you have to tuck your kid in to bed at night and even read them a book don't try giving them adult titles like Top Players.

Anon
The on ice coaches are the reason all those kids left, they should be disgusted. The tryouts were not a joke, but there was a noticeable drop off after the top 10-12 kids. And I'd say only 6-8 of them could play at the elite level. They would be better off making a strong T1B team this year and trying to reload for the following year.
You do realize full Fed members can't just forego fielding elite teams, don't you? They all have to field one. If they didn't TG would never have an elite division team.

how about the moms? thats all that counts out there

Mass/Conn is not divided and never was. It’s a unspectacular organization, but a solid one with some good players and coaches. Their geography hurts them, but they still produce some good teams. Their is far less drama outside of the 08/AD banging moms than other orgs.