email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fed players flooding E9

Anon
People who debate E9 vs. FED were benders themselves who live vicariously through their kids. They are the parents you stay away from at the rink.
Fake News...where were these offers? Top Gun? What a joke. Good luck at the Americans chasing your kid’s dream. Sell it as coaching but look at your rosters daddy’s and say with a straight face it is solid top to bottom like IHC or other programs. Fact. So stop spreading fiction because you were asked to leave. No one has time for you pot stirring. Fact.

You really think that IHC has solid rosters top to bottom? Have you seen the 08, 06,05 teams? You sir may have the least hockey sense of anyone on this board. I'll give you the 07 team - RG has stacked that team and they are solid.

Anum
You really think that IHC has solid rosters top to bottom? Have you seen the 08, 06,05 teams? You sir may have the least hockey sense of anyone on this board. I'll give you the 07 team - RG has stacked that team and they are solid.
Right, 2006 loses in final and they are not solid top to bottom..2005’s were at top of the league until halfway through his year and 2008s...well they are nine but we do know the 2008’s are stacked..sure they got rid of some deadweight and will improve and continuing developing...which is all anyone can and should ask for

GogglesOn
Anum
You really think that IHC has solid rosters top to bottom? Have you seen the 08, 06,05 teams? You sir may have the least hockey sense of anyone on this board. I\'ll give you the 07 team - RG has stacked that team and they are solid.
Right, 2006 loses in final and they are not solid top to bottom..2005’s were at top of the league until halfway through his year and 2008s...well they are nine but we do know the 2008’s are stacked..sure they got rid of some deadweight and will improve and continuing developing...which is all anyone can and should ask for
IHC 05E was never at the top of the league this year. Middle to bottom of the pack all year. They were even worse at the beginning of the season and didn't beat anyone to qualify for the "Q". Where do you people get your facts from? Maybe another IHC parent trying to justify their orange jersey...

Anon
anon
Any FED elite kids heading to E9 are getting cut, its that simple. Or they are Tier 1 Black kids looking to grab a first line spot in the E9.

Kinda thought we have have already discussed this no?

#fedelite4lyfe
Absolutely not true. Know a handful of these kids and all had offers from other EHF Elite teams but chose E9 (or more specifically, a coach in E9) . Fact.
EHF losing its luster at all levels and the smart ones realize this and are jumping ship.

E9 4EVA!!

Anon
Anon
anon
Any FED elite kids heading to E9 are getting cut, its that simple. Or they are Tier 1 Black kids looking to grab a first line spot in the E9.

#fedelite4lyfe
Absolutely not true. Know a handful of these kids and all had offers from other EHF Elite teams but chose E9 (or more specifically, a coach in E9) . Fact.
EHF losing its luster at all levels and the smart ones realize this and are jumping ship.

E9 4EVA!!
Only Top Gun players would leave for E9. Fact.

Yup. Fed is awesome. Bandits, Breakers, TG, Caps, Terriers, Huskies...all awesome programs!!!

When 6 out of 10 (that’s 60% for you Fed dads who can’t do math) of your league completely sucks it’s tough to say your good.

Kings and Flames spotty at best at some levels....so congrats to the Islanders and Eagles for being the 2 strong programs in your league!

My kid plays for an E9 elite team. Gets asked by two fed elite teams come over every year. Guess what. He loves his team and coach and enjoys playing. Has an opportunity to play for a Prep school. I think the league is doing just fine

Anon
Yup. Fed is awesome. Bandits, Breakers, TG, Caps, Terriers, Huskies...all awesome programs!!!

When 6 out of 10 (that’s 60% for you Fed dads who can’t do math) of your league completely sucks it’s tough to say your good.

Kings and Flames spotty at best at some levels....so congrats to the Islanders and Eagles for being the 2 strong programs in your league!

My kid plays for an E9 elite team. Gets asked by two fed elite teams come over every year. Guess what. He loves his team and coach and enjoys playing. Has an opportunity to play for a Prep school. I think the league is doing just fine
Don't forget EHF is adding the two Boch programs next year too! That should make the EHF stronger (sarcasm)!

I'll continue on with your team list by adding cyclones, bulldogs, and Islanders (West). EHF hasn't added a strong program since it's inception.

E9 has got it's bad programs too. Let's just say that both leagues have a couple/few strong teams at each age group and the rest is marginal at best...

Back 8-9 years ago when BA had only a house league and played in 6-7 tournaments per season the kids were bailing from the Fed to play BA. And they were some of the better kids who many have moved to D-1 and pro hockey. Are we back to this?

Anon
Anon

Don't forget EHF is adding the two Boch programs next year too! That should make the EHF stronger (sarcasm)!

I'll continue on with your team list by adding cyclones, bulldogs, and Islanders (West). EHF hasn't added a strong program since it's inception.

E9 has got it's bad programs too. Let's just say that both leagues have a couple/few strong teams at each age group and the rest is marginal at best...
So to your point, too bad we couldn’t take the top three Fed elite for each birth year and put it against the top three E9 teams for part of the season... now that could be some good hockey to watch!

What team?

Anon
anon

#fedelite4lyfe
This is an absolute fact and heard it more than once. Coach was factor in choosing E9/BHL over EHF.

Anon
Anon
anon

#fedelite4lyfe
This is an absolute fact and heard it more than once. Coach was factor in choosing E9/BHL over EHF.
what age group?

Yes. Mine.

This is funny. My kid made the move to the E9 at the '05 level. He was offered 2 Elite spots in the EHF and a Tier 1 spot which was laughable. He practiced with 4 teams and we went to at least 1 game for every team. Based off of the practices and the games the E9 was the obvious choice.

anon
This is funny. My kid made the move to the E9 at the '05 level. He was offered 2 Elite spots in the EHF and a Tier 1 spot which was laughable. He practiced with 4 teams and we went to at least 1 game for every team. Based off of the practices and the games the E9 was the obvious choice.
suuuure....which elite teams wanted him? The Bandits? LOL

Anon
Spoke to several MO’s at a function tonight. Several Fed players migrating to E9.
Yes, those would be the one's cut from EHF elite and since they have been told they are elite since they were 8, they would NEVER take that tier 1 spot offered from said org....however, what they are going to find out is that skating in the E9 ( if the team actually makes the E9) is the same as skating Fed tier 1..(unless the team doesn't make E9)...in which case it's lower.

The BA situation is not hard to figure out. They got a Q bid. Get a Q bid and kids will come. But there are no other miracles happening anywhere else.

Anon
The BA situation is not hard to figure out. They got a Q bid. Get a Q bid and kids will come. But there are no other miracles happening anywhere else.
Q bid only applies to 06’s ... how do you explain all the movement from EHF to E9 for all the other ages? Nice try but people re realizing it’s coaching that makes the difference. Unless you’re in top 3-4 teams on EHF , it’s the same .

Parents start positioning for the q at squirts. The big movement to the EHF is at PW minor. BA automatic bid is a huge deal. There is no widespread movement like you explain happening across all programs at various age levels.

Anon
Anon
Q bid only applies to 06’s ... how do you explain all the movement from EHF to E9 for all the other ages? Nice try but people re realizing it’s coaching that makes the difference. Unless you’re in top 3-4 teams on EHF , it’s the same .
Movement from EHF to E9 are primarily bubble kids and those players that were cut from EHF teams..."Coaching" isn't the main reason anyone goes to E9...E9 and EHF coaching is very similar from what Ive experienced...If you're happy in EHF...stay there....If you're happy in E9...stay there...forget the debate on which league is best...if you feel your kid is developing and he's happy with his coach and teammates, just let it be...focus on skills and power skating...pretty simple strategy...coaching at U14 and up is where it starts to matter most...:ice_hockey_stick_and_puck: :ice_hockey_stick_and_puck: :ice_hockey_stick_and_puck:

Head Coach
Anon
Anon
Movement from EHF to E9 are primarily bubble kids and those players that were cut from EHF teams..."Coaching" isn't the main reason anyone goes to E9...E9 and EHF coaching is very similar from what Ive experienced...If you're happy in EHF...stay there....If you're happy in E9...stay there...forget the debate on which league is best...if you feel your kid is developing and he's happy with his coach and teammates, just let it be...focus on skills and power skating...pretty simple strategy...coaching at U14 and up is where it starts to matter most...:ice_hockey_stick_and_puck: :ice_hockey_stick_and_puck: :ice_hockey_stick_and_puck:
And Coaches that played in NHL took his son out of E9 to go play in FED. All the while he coaches the ECW junior team. I guess he must just like to drive to another rink.

I do not blame them for fleeing to the E9.

E9 is a great league, its a fun league. E9 is a participation trophy type league with lower and talent a lot of smiles.

I like that my son is there and the man he is becoming, he can't skate a lick or lift the puck at the 07 level but we have a blast feeding the ducks in Concord after the match.

Viva La E9 as they say!

anon
E9 is a great league, its a fun league. E9 is a participation trophy type league with lower and talent a lot of smiles.

I like that my son is there and the man he is becoming, he can't skate a lick or lift the puck at the 07 level but we have a blast feeding the ducks in Concord after the match.

Viva La E9 as they say!
Yeah.....that sounds about right....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :baby_chick: :hatched_chick: :baby_chick:

The coach that played NHL and pulled his kid from E9 to FED must not be a very good coach....heh?

Running from EHF to E9 is like running out of the ocean into a burning building.

anon
Running from EHF to E9 is like running out of the ocean into a burning building.
+1

Anon
anon
+1
Silver parents showing their true colors. Truth is this USPL or what ever is going to hurt the FED and players and maybe some teams will move and cause an even more watered down product.