Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FINAL discussion about league comparisons

You can tell the BHL parents...attack the messenger when you don’t like the message

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Its pretty much what anyone honest or in touch with reality already knew , but didnt want to admit.

I think overall it makes sense - but we all know MHR is a crock too so get over it. The middle of pack EHF and AYHL teams are way overrated, and the top E9 and Fed Black teams are way under rated so the drop off after the EHF is way overblown. But I would agree the pecking order makes sense for most part. Now can we end this chatter?

I would suggest that the high standard deviation for EHF elite indicates that there are a couple of really strong teams that skew the average ranking higher, which is probably responsible for a lot of the gap between that league and the E9. Middle of each league pretty similar, top of the leagues is where the disparity comes in.

Another observation, EHF may be stronger, but perhaps not better if you believe competitive games help develop your player. The E9 is good enough hockey, and apparently more competitive. Maybe EHF Elite should consider a parity tournament to cycle in some better teams at the bottom of the league. It would probably improve their product.