The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard
Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard
Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page
Watched a dad from my kids team lose his **** in Enfield today. His kid got roughed up along the boards, tough guy dad first went around rink and had words with the other coach, then followed the kid to the locker room talking ****. Had more words with Coach in the hallway , then tried to fight anyone and everyone in the lobby. It’s such a bad look, Hockey is a contact sport and kids are reckless. Kid is fine was just shook up. I almost wish someone had kicked this guys ass , he made us look like the Shamrocks. It’s going to be a long year with tough guy around. Anyone else have the tough guy dad on their team.
What team are you talking about. We are not mind readers????
No one is afraid of them. Just saying they are more like men. Hingham moms are the best.
And it was the 07 Boch Blazers, Dad was a real winner.
Is this guys kid also a goalie? If so just quit the team now, cut your losses.
We just got a tough guy dad on our team shipped over from the 05 ssk. And we didn’t need a 16th player.
I am amazed at how many DBoard tough guys/girls lurk on here. Cowards that won't mention to someone that they have a problem with them but will come on here as "Anon" tell the world all about it. Another response had some good advice "having a conversation with the parent about it a few days later after incident when the emotions have subsided". If you choose to head here to spread your gossip instead of something like that than you're just as much of an a**hat.
^^ What this guy said.
Except 99% of all the people on here thrive on this stuff.
Dad is well known at bock as hot head and programs won't touch his little bender as a skater or wanna be goalie. Rumor is dad had fight as a town hockey coach with a referee and took a lifetime ban.
Isnt Boch 07 new to the Fed from the PHL? Their Parents now cant handle big boy hockey, in the silver division, LMAO!
I've got LB cued up.
When did it happen?
10/7 blazers 07 in enfield CT vs springfield it was embarrassing for the team, the player and whole organization, ban the hot head from being around the team!
I got all that - I'm not interested in watching all the crap hockey to get to the good stuff.
When during game did it happen?
I'll spare you from watching the awful hockey. 3rd period. About 1min left in game.
My assessment and then close the thread.
1) Cheap hit by the Thunderbirds kid with intent. No accidental contact there. Kid deserves a game for boarding.
2) Hockey is a tough CONTACT sport. If you loose your mind over a hit like that, have you kid play baseball or soccer. Both are sports for softer kids and parents. Cheap hits WILL happen. No one like them, but it happens.
3) Both Thunderbirds coaches escalated the issue. The parent had a right to walk over to check on is kid, but should have kept it at that. Not sure what he said to the coaches, but BOTH coaches went at it with the parent. They could have helped to diffuse the situation. Instead HC kept it up and because he was being a tough guy too who coach appears to a be a bench screaming coach - "Ag Division coach expectation".
4) No parent should go after a kid, coach or ref.
5) Ice rage is like road rage. You may get angry, but hold it in and move on after reassessing no damage done.
6) Parents that watch games from the corners and switch ends between period are more likely to be ice rage dads. Ice rage moms are the ones that sit closest to the live barn mics.
For the record, my son broke his wrist in a hit like that. Was I pXssed? yes. Did I lose my shXt? No Did I embarrass my kid? No. Did the other coach handle it with class? yes
as a ref - those guys did not do a good job.
Arm was up for the hit right away which was good. But you can not leave the area when there is a parent there and let the coach on the bench stand up there and yell at the parent.
And then the ref comes over and "chases" the parent away? His kid just got clocked on a hit that you deemed was a penalty.
Bad game management on their part.
So I’m curious, what did the Blazers coach do during all this?
So what about all the tough guy dads? We are they?