Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Teams leaving the FED

Who care's if a teams are coming or going, it doesn't have any impact on the development of your player. That's the only thing you should care about. Stop getting caught up in the nonsense of leagues, labels and MHR and concentrate on the development of your player, he will go much further with good off season skills and a good coach during the season, even if he's a rainbow tier player.

anon
Who care's if a teams are coming or going, it doesn't have any impact on the development of your player. That's the only thing you should care about. Stop getting caught up in the nonsense of leagues, labels and MHR and concentrate on the development of your player, he will go much further with good off season skills and a good coach during the season, even if he's a rainbow tier player.

I can agree only with part of what you've said here. The number one thing that parents should care about is development but within that development process comes level of competition. If your kids are not competing against quality opponents they fall behind those who are.

Anon
anon
Who care\\\'s if a teams are coming or going, it doesn\\\'t have any impact on the development of your player. That\\\'s the only thing you should care about. Stop getting caught up in the nonsense of leagues, labels and MHR and concentrate on the development of your player, he will go much further with good off season skills and a good coach during the season, even if he\\\'s a rainbow tier player.

I can agree only with part of what you\'ve said here. The number one thing that parents should care about is development but within that development process comes level of competition. If your kids are not competing against quality opponents they fall behind those who are.
If that were true than only Fed Elite kids would be playing high school or prep school hockey. Since I can look at my kids D-1 HS team & point to sophomores getting regular ice time from Fed Elite, Fed Tier 1, E9 while other Fed Elite kids are still playing JV as juniors, I know this is not the case. I can look at schools like Cushing, Worcester Academy, etc. and plenty of non Fed kids playing there as well.

Yes, Fed is stronger than other leagues but reality is, a few kids make the top of the Fed what it is. If your kid isn't one of those 8 or 10, it makes no difference in at all. Since the topic is about a handful of rainbow division programs leaving, it really makes no difference.

Anon
The Fed has become a Tier 2 and 3 money making machine.
Tier II and III for sure but still the top option i the area.

poster child
Anon
Kool Aid Drinker.... stop believing what you are told !

Anon
poster child
Anon
Kool Aid Drinker.... stop believing what you are told !
If you have a better option/opinion throw it out there. The FED is still the best overall hockey around.

The best leagues around do not have the disparity between the top and the bottom like the fed does the goal differential in each elite division is staggering...keep telling yourself it's the best option

Anon
The best leagues around do not have the disparity between the top and the bottom like the fed does the goal differential in each elite division is staggering...keep telling yourself it's the best option
Still no recommendation. You are starting to sound bitter. Let me guess, your kid got cut? The stacked 08 teams roughed up your bender?

I have kids that play in 3 different leagues. The Fed is on top when compared to the PHL and BHL.

Anon
It's the Dollar Store of youth sports. I wish I could put a term sheet in and invest, people are lined up myself included.

Anon
yup ... silver division is a great success ... triple the teams the first year ... $$$$$

Please drop the Bandits/Breakers/PHC and add the Advantage.

Finally true Elite Hockey.

John Connor
The fed is out there, it can\'t be bargained with, it can\'t be reasoned with, it doesn\'t feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop...EVER, until it owns every hockey league!
Is that you Col Jessup? You always quote lines from movies. A Few Good Men, now Terminator ( original, best one evah in series ). You can't fool me. PS: I'm Francis and I've lightened up.

Anon
How many teams are leaving the league? Rumor has it 2 NorthShore and 2 Southshore so far. Bandits/Breakers and Vipers/Shamrocks.
The Vipers have nowhere to go but the PHL. They left a large unpaid debt when they ran with what are now the E9/BHL teams. Those teams will never allow them back into the club. As for the Bandits, good they should leave. They are are viewed as the youth club of choice for the no-hopers and recent cuts. They have damaged their brand by allowing themselves to become the doormat club of the EHF.

OK, suppose it to be true, where would these clubs go?

I'm sure the FED isn't losing any sleep that these teams are leaving. In fact, I would be willing to bet the FED might have told them to leave...

The Jr Mounties will be playing out of Adelard and you can bet that some kids will be running away from the PHC for this program. They will be playing in the PHL or BHL.