email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BUFFALO

Anon
Let me guess EHF hardo, your little pee wee is your oldest and you didn’t play?

T1 is the highest level anyone can play in youth, ie, Elite. T2 is the next level down, which is what the Fed calls it to make all the suckers feel good about those giant checks they write for town hockey. This comes with maturity and experience so hang in there little dude, assuming your bender doesn’t quit for the HS thespian club. So BBB actually beat a T2 team, not a T1 team.

And yes, my boy who is older now actually playing T1 hockey where it matters played Fed when most called it AAA and AA vs the out of wack naming convention RG came up with.

Just get it correct please! Outside of the 128 belt you all sound like donkeys.
Yes, because all these acronyms mean so much (T1, Elite, AAA, and AA), in about 5 years your going to realize that none of this matters, and your going to feel like a fool. Either your kid is still playing, or he has moved on. Get a life.

Not the aaa la kings that bbb beat. It's the aa kings. The aaa kings are in NJ at a showcase. Check out my hockey rankings and you will see. How did bbb lose to a crappy nj titans team 🤣

12 year old hockey, I’ll never understand people that take pleasure and post about the loss of a 12 year old hockey team

Ten Bears
Anon
Looks like a glorified version of the JWK tournament....alot of bad teams at the 05 and 06 level...9th place in EHF 06 Jr Huskies beat a NY team 10-0....says everything you need to know right there about the competition....Jeez....
BBB easily beat one of the best teams at the 06 level. Looks like these Lovell teams mean business.
06 Boston Baked Beans/ BA beat 3 of the top ten MHR ranked teams in the country...how can you call the competition bad? I’d call that pretty good competition.

So Buffalo is another glorified bender tournament ?
So is jwk in a past post..
Same thing was said about The brick .
@ jay peak ...
Are there any “good tournaments”
Is anyone ever happy about “tournament” play ?
I figure not every team is going to match up against each other, their will be blow outs or upsets .
It’s 10–13 year olds for the most part .. can ‘t everyone take it for what they are ?

Tournaments only really matter at U14 and up....Most of these tournaments at the youth level are winter vacations and photo ops at best....:expressionless: :expressionless:

Anon
Tournaments only really matter at U14 and up....Most of these tournaments at the youth level are winter vacations and photo ops at best....:expressionless: :expressionless:
HAHAHAHAHA..... your sons team must not being doing to well at the tourney. I’m sure if he was you would be stating the opposite.

Now go get ready for your long ride home after the weekend and when you get home go get your Effin shine box!!!!!!!!!!

BBB beats the AA LA Kings (not the AAA LA Kings), and it's posted as a win for "Boston Advantage"

https://myhockeyrankings.com/team_info.php?y=2018&t=3581

BBB loses to NJ Titans and it's posted as a loss for "Boston Baked Beans 06"

https://myhockeyrankings.com/team_info.php?y=2018&t=23624

Lovell is a complete and utter joke of an organization. Pathetic.

Why does that bother you?

Anon
BBB beats the AA LA Kings (not the AAA LA Kings), and it's posted as a win for "Boston Advantage"

GENIUS!!!!

BA will not lose a game this weekend.

Hopefully a group of kids that you have nothing to do with have a great time!

Most of you are going to wake up very angry in a few years when you realize instead of just having fun you freaked out over the quality of competition all weekend long when your own kids had more fun playing knee hockey in the hotel conference room than they did on the ice.

I get it - I mean, most of you are putting up with people you barely get along with because you choose the team for the name on the front of the jersey and nothing else. Your kid isn't going anywhere with it, but you're super excited to tell people at work and in your personal life how good your kids team is. Lotta dough for a whole lot of being miserable.

I have to jet - my kids been having the weekend of his life and I'm onto my 20th beer with people I love hanging out with.

Stay miserable.

I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid's one of them and that's part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we're at the rink it's all business. We're on one of the higher end '07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.

High level 07? Exposure? What a douche bag. Your kid must secretly despise you.

Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid's one of them and that's part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we're at the rink it's all business. We're on one of the higher end '07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
Wow, this statement sums up the stupidity of the parents of hockey players. Exposure? Tell me you are joking

Anon
Sorry to everyone calling this guy a douche but it's the truth. The problem is that back when I was playing the elite teams truly were elite. The best of the best in the area. Now the elite levels (in both the fed and the e9) are all watered down with tier 1 kids. If you want your kid to be noticed they have to play in high end tournaments.

Playing in high end tournaments at U14 and up....no prep or other scouts are watching 06's and below right now...they just aren't...sorry 07 dad...but its true...just enjoy watching junior and sipping Starbucks at the glass for the next few years...:laughing: :laughing:

I put the back yard rink up in the front yard by the road. Tons of exposure. D1 hear we come.

Anon
Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\'s one of them and that\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\'re at the rink it\'s all business. We\'re on one of the higher end \'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
Sorry to everyone calling this guy a douche but it's the truth. The problem is that back when I was playing the elite teams truly were elite. The best of the best in the area. Now the elite levels (in both the fed and the e9) are all watered down with tier 1 kids. If you want your kid to be noticed they have to play in high end tournaments.
Noticed by who? So your kid is an '07, that puts him in 5th or 6th grade. Next step on his evolutionary journey would be prep or CC & there is not a single prep/ISL or CC coach in Buffalo this weekend looking at kids, they are coaching their own teams. Okay, maybe a local upstate prep school might have sent someone over and perhaps some independent scout for the Halifax Moosehead showed up but don't fool yourself into thinking your kid is getting noticed by anyone.

anon
Anon
Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\\'s one of them and that\\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\\'re at the rink it\\'s all business. We\\'re on one of the higher end \\'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
Noticed by who? So your kid is an '07, that puts him in 5th or 6th grade. Next step on his evolutionary journey would be prep or CC & there is not a single prep/ISL or CC coach in Buffalo this weekend looking at kids, they are coaching their own teams. Okay, maybe a local upstate prep school might have sent someone over and perhaps some independent scout for the Halifax Moosehead showed up but don't fool yourself into thinking your kid is getting noticed by anyone.
I'm not saying there were or weren't, but your statement that Prep coaches wouldn't be there because they are busy coaching is probably false. Head coaches don't typically do their own scouting, thay have "people." And, sad as it may be, Junior Preps like Cardigan and Eaglebrook do scout for talent.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\\\\\'s one of them and that\\\\\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\\\\\'re at the rink it\\\\\'s all business. We\\\\\'re on one of the higher end \\\\\'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
Sorry to everyone calling this guy a douche but it\'s the truth. The problem is that back when I was playing the elite teams truly were elite. The best of the best in the area. Now the elite levels (in both the fed and the e9) are all watered down with tier 1 kids. If you want your kid to be noticed they have to play in high end tournaments.
Noticed by who? So your kid is an \'07, that puts him in 5th or 6th grade. Next step on his evolutionary journey would be prep or CC & there is not a single prep/ISL or CC coach in Buffalo this weekend looking at kids, they are coaching their own teams. Okay, maybe a local upstate prep school might have sent someone over and perhaps some independent scout for the Halifax Moosehead showed up but don\'t fool yourself into thinking your kid is getting noticed by anyone.
I'm not saying there were or weren't, but your statement that Prep coaches wouldn't be there because they are busy coaching is probably false. Head coaches don't typically do their own scouting, thay have "people." And, sad as it may be, Junior Preps like Cardigan and Eaglebrook do scout for talent.
Zero New England prep coaches or assistants where there. Why would they trek there during the season to see local kids when they could just go see them next weekend down the street if they are interested in them. Parents are insane thinking there are "scouts" everywhere. Anyone can be considered a scout. Most of the people there scouting are shady advisor start up guys.

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\\\\\\\\\\\'s one of them and that\\\\\\\\\\\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\\\\\\\\\\\'re at the rink it\\\\\\\\\\\'s all business. We\\\\\\\\\\\'re on one of the higher end \\\\\\\\\\\'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
Sorry to everyone calling this guy a douche but it\\\'s the truth. The problem is that back when I was playing the elite teams truly were elite. The best of the best in the area. Now the elite levels (in both the fed and the e9) are all watered down with tier 1 kids. If you want your kid to be noticed they have to play in high end tournaments.
Noticed by who? So your kid is an \\\'07, that puts him in 5th or 6th grade. Next step on his evolutionary journey would be prep or CC & there is not a single prep/ISL or CC coach in Buffalo this weekend looking at kids, they are coaching their own teams. Okay, maybe a local upstate prep school might have sent someone over and perhaps some independent scout for the Halifax Moosehead showed up but don\\\'t fool yourself into thinking your kid is getting noticed by anyone.
I\'m not saying there were or weren\'t, but your statement that Prep coaches wouldn\'t be there because they are busy coaching is probably false. Head coaches don\'t typically do their own scouting, thay have \"people.\" And, sad as it may be, Junior Preps like Cardigan and Eaglebrook do scout for talent.
Zero New England prep coaches or assistants where there. Why would they trek there during the season to see local kids when they could just go see them next weekend down the street if they are interested in them. Parents are insane thinking there are "scouts" everywhere. Anyone can be considered a scout. Most of the people there scouting are shady advisor start up guys.
Why would you think NE Prep schools are only looking for NE players? Even the Junior Preps scout out of area kids.

It's a crazy time.

Anon
anon
Anon
Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\\\\\'s one of them and that\\\\\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\\\\\'re at the rink it\\\\\'s all business. We\\\\\'re on one of the higher end \\\\\'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
Sorry to everyone calling this guy a douche but it\'s the truth. The problem is that back when I was playing the elite teams truly were elite. The best of the best in the area. Now the elite levels (in both the fed and the e9) are all watered down with tier 1 kids. If you want your kid to be noticed they have to play in high end tournaments.
Noticed by who? So your kid is an \'07, that puts him in 5th or 6th grade. Next step on his evolutionary journey would be prep or CC & there is not a single prep/ISL or CC coach in Buffalo this weekend looking at kids, they are coaching their own teams. Okay, maybe a local upstate prep school might have sent someone over and perhaps some independent scout for the Halifax Moosehead showed up but don\'t fool yourself into thinking your kid is getting noticed by anyone.
Buddy, Cardigan has approached pretty much every 05 in our league. No longer a "destination"...

How about a round of applause for BA winning the Cup at the 06 level? :clap:

Impressive BA showing in buffalo - was that the 06 team or a baked beans team

The 06 baked beans team this year is the advantage 06 elite team. No changes this year. Same roster. Way to go btw! They did great!

Thanks Mom...:kissing_smiling_eyes:

Ex-BA dad
So BA brings a spring/summer tournament team to a winter tournament and wants props for winning? Laughable.

Anon
Ex-BA dad
So BA brings a spring/summer tournament team to a winter tournament and wants props for winning? Laughable.
It’s the same BA team roster

Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\'s one of them and that\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\'re at the rink it\'s all business. We\'re on one of the higher end \'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
Get exposure at 07 huh? You really don’t know a sole related to the NHL do you. Good luck w that.

Anon
Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\\\'s one of them and that\\\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\\\'re at the rink it\\\'s all business. We\\\'re on one of the higher end \\\'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
Get exposure at 07 huh? You really don’t know a sole related to the NHL do you. Good luck w that.
What does knowing people in the NHL have anything to do with it? Bottom line is both of my kids have played in big tournaments. Now that makes me a bad parent? To the people who say scouts aren't at tournaments younger than 14... There are scouts all over buffalo this weekend. I saw one at our game just this morning. He had an iPad (I won't share with you the organization he was with) and he was ranking our players.

See you guys at the Q. Oh wait, you won't be there. Your kid got cut.

Scouts at 07...are you alright??? ...give me a break...Now we know you've been drinking all night...:laughing: :laughing:

Anon
Anon
Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\\\\\\\'s one of them and that\\\\\\\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\\\\\\\'re at the rink it\\\\\\\'s all business. We\\\\\\\'re on one of the higher end \\\\\\\'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.
What does knowing people in the NHL have anything to do with it? Bottom line is both of my kids have played in big tournaments. Now that makes me a bad parent? To the people who say scouts aren't at tournaments younger than 14... There are scouts all over buffalo this weekend. I saw one at our game just this morning. He had an iPad (I won't share with you the organization he was with) and he was ranking our players.

How are you getting your kids into these tournaments? My guy's year's playing in the Brick next year and I'd love to get him on one of those teams.

Yeah. I'm sure there were scouts ranking your 07 team. You wont tell anyone who it was because it didn't happen. That way you will not get called out on your bull****. You sir, are fake news!

Seriously? Fake news?? You obviously aren't here in Buffalo. There's a scout room and everything. The scout I saw was from a juniors team in Quebec. He told me the talent in this tournament is truly world class. The kids are big, fast and have exceptional hockey sense. This isn't coming from me. It's coming from a scout. Thank you all for coming.

I was there in Buffalo and talked to a few scouts myself...they are looking at 04s and potentially a couple 05s...They go to this tournament every year based on its proximity and not because the talent is "World Class"....The moron who stated they were scouting the 07s is just that...."A MORON".....Thanks for coming and drive safe...

Anon
Anon
Anon
I get it...The kids do have a great time in the hotel playing knee hockey. My kid\\\\\\\'s one of them and that\\\\\\\'s part of the overall experience. But my kid also knows that when we\\\\\\\'re at the rink it\\\\\\\'s all business. We\\\\\\\'re on one of the higher end \\\\\\\'07 teams and this is where you need to be to get the kids the exposure they need to take their game to the next level. Sorry your kid got cut.

An ipad! Wow it must have been a scout. My little girl was at the rink this weekend with an iPad as well - she must be scouting too. My girl, never fails to make me proud, working hard at age 5. Luv ya honey.

I think I'd know the difference between a 5 year old with an iPad and a working scout. He was all over us. But you guys keep waiting until Bantams to commit...Let me know how that works out for ya!

You're an idiot....Plain and simple...no other way to put it...:laughing:

Ok this guy's definitely an idiot but I have an honest question here- If a parent isn't thinking about exposure (whatever that means) then what's the motivation to sign your kid up for the Brick series at 10 year olds which is something close to a $10k investment all in? Or better yet, the Q for 12 year olds which is a $10k investment? Say what you want about the "experience" and Joe much fun they'll have but I'll guarantee they'll have just as much fun at a hotel pool in Marlboro or if you really want to splurge, on the slopes between games at Waterville.

Anon
I think I'd know the difference between a 5 year old with an iPad and a working scout. He was all over us. But you guys keep waiting until Bantams to commit...Let me know how that works out for ya!
Can't "commit" if you have to be drafted...moron...

Anon

Why would Lovell do this other than to hide the losses?

Anon
Anon
BBB beats the AA LA Kings (not the AAA LA Kings), and it\'s posted as a win for \"Boston Advantage\"

BBB loses to NJ Titans and it\'s posted as a loss for \"Boston Baked Beans 06\"

Why would Lovell do this other than to hide the losses?
Sorry, doesn't the winning team post to MHR? Could just be a reporting error?

Yes the winning team reports -so you sir are incorrect in your negative spewing of the facts ...

Did the 06 Baked Beans bring the entire Advantage team or did they bring a few ringers? Looks like they won the Buffalo Cup.

Who really cares...

Everyone here cares... IT'S always the league is terrible or they never play any competition like the EHF. Apparently its not a real tournament if the EHF teams are not there . Well some of the best teams in the country were and they won it. Cant wait to see the vaunted rankings post. Everyone cares when they lose but now all of the sudden nobody does? They played well and deserve it.

Anon
Did the 06 Baked Beans bring the entire Advantage team or did they bring a few ringers? Looks like they won the Buffalo Cup.
Same team