Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flames and Islanders Tryouts

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
09 Flames have spots; 09 Islanders may have 1 or 2 open; reach out to the coaches ASAP if you haven\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t already. 07s...I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m not going to tell you to not reach out, but I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'d say chances there are minimal.
It\\\\\\\'s still Jan. for another day. Do you have players in both organizations? Just curious what info you would have at this point that would allow someone to know you\\\\\\\'re stating fact? How do you know there are spots open?
Anyone who has a kid in \\\"elite\\\" youth hockey, who isn\\\'t an a**hole and talks to people, has a general idea what teams have spots, or don\\\'t, at that age level. Having said that, however, \\\"Reach out to coaches ASAP\\\" is as basic a fact as there is, and is advice the OP should take, if he hasn\\\'t already.
Got it, so you don\'t really know, understood.
Not my post but that ^^ was an a-hole response to someone who was offering some information whether it was accurate or not, who knows. Reaching out to coaches is preferable anyway to looking for advice on this board in most (but not all) cases.
I get you, but if everyone here didn't want to be an expert or admitted they don't have 100% knowledge it would make those who are looking for actual guidance have easier decisions to make. Unfortunately everyone thinks they know it all!

Islanders org only cares about the Elite teams and there’s a slim chance of making those teams unless tour God. Look elsewhere !

Know from a reliable source there is spots

Anon
What, did you’re uncle Ronny tell you?

Anon
Anon
Straight from the :nose: :nose: :nose: :nose:s mouth.....:laughing:

Anon
Anon
Anon
Straight from the :nose: :nose: :nose: :nose:s mouth.....:laughing:
What, no brown nose emojis?

My son is a Flame but not those years. In my experience by the time you get to the official tryout period there are very few spots left. Kids have already been skating at practices. Coach knows who is being cut. Most of the team will be built by then.