Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Islanders to Wizards ?

Anon
Anon
so there will be open spots on the islanders?
Yes.
If not the Wizards, where are the IHC T1B superstars going?

Nowhere. They don't have any superstars.

Anon
Nowhere. They don't have any superstars.
ok, lets try again. Where is the "clique" group of the better players from the IHC T1B team going? There is always one dad trying to round up 3 to 4 kids to move onto a "better" team. :sunglasses:

Last year a handful of elite league castoffs fell onto their lap. I'm hearing the same is likely to happen again this year.

Anon
Last year a handful of elite league castoffs fell onto their lap. I'm hearing the same is likely to happen again this year.
That's awesome! Throw them all into the rainbow and sort them out by the colors. Strong rainbow that IHC organization will be at the non-elite level.

Yup. Look at the standings. Strong at elite and T1B levels.

Farley
Anon
Last year a handful of elite league castoffs fell onto their lap. I\'m hearing the same is likely to happen again this year.
That's awesome! Throw them all into the rainbow and sort them out by the colors. Strong rainbow that IHC organization will be at the non-elite level.
Moving from Islanders to Wizards is a move in the wrong direction. Wizards would be a 6th place team in T1B, even worse they'd be a 3rd place team in T1W. The ONLY reason the Wizards get to call themselves elite is because they play BA a handful of times every year, sorry coach.

If the Wizards had a history of developing players, then I'd recommend making the move. But to go to Wiz/E9 simply to play better competition and watch your kid and his buddies get their teeth kicked in week in and week out?

There has to be some D-I pipeline type of development going on to make that move worthwhile.

They would only do it if the IHCB coach goes with them in some capacity.....

Anon
They would only do it if the IHCB coach goes with them in some capacity.....
He isn't as well liked as you think. you must be "that dad" they are referencing about in another post. :laughing:

He's a good coach. Very well liked by the kids he coaches. Sorry your kid got cut.

Anon
He's a good coach. Very well liked by the kids he coaches. Sorry your kid got cut.
Didn't say kids didn't like him, talking about the dads here...pay attention son.

Anon
If the Wizards had a history of developing players, then I\'d recommend making the move. But to go to Wiz/E9 simply to play better competition and watch your kid and his buddies get their teeth kicked in week in and week out?

There has to be some D-I pipeline type of development going on to make that move worthwhile.
Yet there is, you’re just unaware of it because your kid is 12.

You're obviously unaware because your bender is a girl. Wiz develop the ladies just fine, they tell you as much with the 5,000 girls banners hanging in the rafters. The boys? not so much buddy. Night and Day even.

Anon
You\'re obviously unaware because your bender is a girl. Wiz develop the ladies just fine, they tell you as much with the 5,000 girls banners hanging in the rafters. The boys? not so much buddy. Night and Day even.
Again, exposing yourself as a parent with only younger kids. I suggest you take a look at the rosters of 98-04 boys and you’ll see plenty of young men currently in college, committed to college or playing in prep.

Wiz have beaten Avalanche and Avalanche have beaten Islanders (early in the season, but all teams have improved especially the Patriots), judging from the scores the Wiz are somewhat competitive outside of the Advantage. Doubt if the whole Islanders team would come over and even if the coach does come they would most likely take the best Islander players only, would need to take some of the better Wiz kids and add 4-5 others to be truly competitive in the E9. This looks like everything needs to fall in line perfectly which is never the case as you look at organizations self interests vs Coaches and Players and Families. Given this is the last year of youth hockey for most of the 2006's it does not make sense for it to happen and it looks like other comments on this string indicate that it won't.

Anon
I wouldn't be so sure about that.....stay tuned.
No means no, creep.