Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Number of games for U16s full season?

What’s the normal number of games for a full season u16 or 18 team? New to full season this year. Coach told us before we signed they would play 70 games and right now they’ve only played 42. I also heard that the season will end the third week in February?

Is that normal? Thought there would be a whole lot more games.

Feeling misled.

Re: Number of games for U16s full season?

Anon
What’s the normal number of games for a full season u16 or 18 team? New to full season this year. Coach told us before we signed they would play 70 games and right now they’ve only played 42. I also heard that the season will end the third week in February?

Feeling misled.

Check please

What program? Wild guess would be Giants or Bandits as all other local programs are already inching towards 50 games and will play through 3rd week of March.

Anon

Feeling misled.

70 Games? Why would you want a 16 year old to play 70 games? And practices on top of it? And school? And a girlfriend? Grown men in the NHL play 82 in the same time frame as a full time job and perhaps a family.

Let him be a kid!

I forgot....you're trying to keep up. But with what?

Anon
Anon

Feeling misled.

70 Games? Why would you want a 16 year old to play 70 games? And practices on top of it? And school? And a girlfriend? Grown men in the NHL play 82 in the same time frame as a full time job and perhaps a family.

Let him be a kid!

I forgot....you're trying to keep up. But with what?
Because each game is an opportunity to impress the scouts and coaches in attendance. Fewer games means less exposure and fewer opportunities being developed for my player. Besides, even with 70 games, I'm paying almost $100 per game for tuition. If we only play 50, the cost per game is closer to $150 and that's just crazy.

First of all snowflake dad, enjoy your D2 high school experience. Second, my kid loves to play and always likes to be on the ice so I’m sorry that your kid is a couch potato. For OP, sounds like you were sold a bill of goods.

If the program is not playing the amount of games they promised, practicing four times a week and doing off ice and game study/films then you’re wasting your time and money with full season and the wrong coach.

Our coach doesn’t even show up anymore...

Easy to figure that one out. Not sure why the Lovell’s don’t can him...

????