Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ocean State Classic

Schedule posted anywhere? Website hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Re: Ocean State Classic

All of the coaches were emailed the schedule a couple of days ago.

What do you expect from a PHC run tournament? It takes a lot of work to input the schedule for each level....The only thing they are adept at is cashing checks....

Slim Shady
What do you expect from a PHC run tournament? It takes a lot of work to input the schedule for each level....The only thing they are adept at is cashing checks....
Agreed - this "tournament" is a joke.

They sit on the schedule until the last minute to avoid the uproar. Total PHC bias with the brackets.

Unless they can guarantee no R.I. officials will be working this tournament it will be a joke!

Same **** when Ri teams go to Mass, Jerky. Now go get Brett Weir!

Schedule posted! OMG check out the PW AAA division. R U kidding me?

Anon
Same **** when Ri teams go to Mass, Jerky. Now go get Brett Weir!
Check that, I am getting Witbier and making this thing interesting.

Looks like PHC is crushing the competition across the board.:grin:

Yes Crushing inferior teams while promoting the brand. Anyone that took a HS business class that has hockey acumen could figure that out! Creating a warm and fuzzy feeling for the parents footing the bill at contract/tryout time helps secure a new crop of dreamers/cool aid drinkers!

Bantam teams looked to be fairly decent.....

And 1
Thats what happens when you play town B teams. You get to hang another banner and tell their parents how great they are

anon
And 1
Thats what happens when you play town B teams. You get to hang another banner and tell their parents how great they are
Watched a bit of an 06 game before our game yesterday...Town B would be a stretch...Yikes..:grimacing: :grimacing:

Watched 2 periods of Bantam game last night before our 06 game.

Avalanche vs PHC South it was 1-0 game.
Good physical fast game....

Watched a few minutes of a bantam game today and it was bad. This tournament has always been a tier 2 tournament with organizations 4th and 5th team playing against town teams so I don't understand why people would think that would change with PHC taking it over. It is what it is. I'm the sure the kids had a fun time playing against like competition and that's all that matters

08 bracket looks like a 'learn to play' tournament. PHC South hasn't played a game where they beat the opponent by less than 10.

Anonymous
08 bracket looks like a 'learn to play' tournament. PHC South hasn't played a game where they beat the opponent by less than 10.
Why are they in this tournament if all the other 08 "learn to play" teams are so below their standard?

I just looked on PHC twitter account; I haven't seen a post of the 13th or 14th or 15th or 16th Championship since 2018.:joy:

Bad????There was a team ranked 20th in country!!!How bad could it be? If so then the entire us bantam level has taken a hit lolololol

Anon
Bad????There was a team ranked 20th in country!!!How bad could it be? If so then the entire us bantam level has taken a hit lolololol
Please, please, please tell me what #20 bantam team was at this tourney...

Anon
If you are talking about the NJ Avalanche you have them mistaken for the AAA team that is highly ranked. As much as I think the PHC organizers botched this tournament set up I do believe the players had a great time, I know my son did.

It was the NJ Avalanche AA and they are ranked 20th but it’s Tier 2.

Bantam Major had 4 Teams

NJ Avalanche
PHC East from White
PHC South from Black
Hunterdon Bears AA in same league as Avalanche

You act like being rank 20th in tier 2 is not so good...go take a trip to wherever tier 2 nationals is this year and youll see how good competition is...

Looked at the Tier 2 04 Myhockey rankings.

NJ Avalanche AA are #19
PHC East which I believe is from EHF White is #27..... Not sure how much stock I put into myhockey at the 04 tier 2 level?

Just sayin

Friars please take over the tournament. This was a disaster! Please have the friendly people of the Friars run this tournament again.

God help RI Hockey!