Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking for a program?

Stay away not unless your kid is a beginner! This is run by a bunch of townie's and all their player selections/team pics are people of semi importanace or insiders to the organization. Basically run by a bunch of hockey nobodies. Any real talent has or will be migrating out.

Great program for learn to skate, learn to play and Mites. If you want real competition you have to leave by age 8 or 9.

Anon
Great program for learn to skate, learn to play and Mites. If you want real competition you have to leave by age 8 or 9.
not really the case any longer. I have watched and been a part of it for 3 years now and no matter what anyone says if your kid is not on the PHC Elite team then the rest is virtually the same. There are some outliers yes but EJEPL top division can and does compete with most Black/E9 teams and PHL is White/American equivalent so competition is there for 99% of the players.

Ahhh …… NO - You have no clue - sorry your kid plays there. nice try

Sorry your kid got cut

Players of all levels will have a spot at WJHA. WJHA has been around since 1959. Most likely the skill level evaluation of delusional parents will lead them to believe such nonsense about "insiders". Half of the board of directors kids are not on the top team!!!!

Thanks for chiming in, MN. Coach kids definitely get bumped up.

MN would not have screwed up the dates. Open house and free clinic is March 4th. Tryouts begin March 11th.

Papa Smurf
Stay away not unless your kid is a beginner! This is run by a bunch of townie's and all their player selections/team pics are people of semi importanace or insiders to the organization. Basically run by a bunch of hockey nobodies. Any real talent has or will be migrating out.
I am sure your player has done his best but dont be fooled by the fact that the ""migrating" youre talking about is typically a bunch of misinformed parents who bring their kids to other teams because they cant believe Jr didnt make the top team. I am sorry but look at those Saints teams full of warwick kids. Besides that 2007 team Do you think any of those kids are having fun playing in the valley league or having 20+ losses in the BHL national or being called elite while having a losing record in the American division? I am sorry but most of those kids are not playing where they should be and the parents are getting raked over the coals for tuition, all for the fact they could not accept that their kid is just another player and should have just played for a team in a division that best lines up with their ability. Also if the organization is run by "no bodies" how come half the Saints coaches all came from warwick. Even the PHC needs to Hire, yes Hire , away the LTP director because they have no one in their "300 Kids in their development program" who can do it. The best credibility they have that you seem to miss is the fact that the local Div 1, national championship winning coach ,has his kids in the program, and give talks to the parents about how the program is a model for development. It Seems you are unhappy because you think your family was somehow slighted with placement and who knows, maybe you are right, mistakes happen, but if you have any real complaints you would like to express then please come to one of the parent meetings in the next couple weeks and explain your situation. We would be glad to hear from you. If not then by all means just move on and try and enjoy the ride before its all over.

Big problem is that when a kid gets pushed back off the top team in club or town programs they usually atrophy as all of the programs assets get allocated to the better teams. Most of the parents are clueless and just go with the flow. Maybe they should assign the better coaches to the second and third teams. This creates bad will with families so they jump around looking for better coaching.I have seen kids flourish when under better direction only when the kid is willing to put the work in. When the kid and parents are lazy then you see them drop out. I know these town programs have money for capital improvements but do they really do not know how to spend it? More ice is not always the answer. Quality ice time on the other hand might be the solution.

I have remained in Warwick because there are great families and coaching is great but onto who you are. My real name is up there because I think if you're gonna talk **** about talentless kids you should have the balls to put your real name up. I'm Not a ****** My name is Chris Cramer and I proudly remain in Warwick (not a family member or on the board) it's convenient, close to home ,great families, tons of ice time, good coaches and they do it for the bubble and as we know ,coaching travel hockey is like a full time job. Now the real issue I have is you talking about my 10 year old son and the kids he plays with. so please tell me who you are

Papa Smurf. Please read my reply

Papa Smufts name is PHC.

Please unless you want to continue skating in Warwick keep your thoughts to yourself! As PHC would say join us willingly or we'll buy your rink and force you to become part of the machine.

nobody is speaking up with their real name. It's not a threatening thing, just wondering who's talking **** about kids. I'll debate all day

PHC always talks smack about other programs despite their records

I know you're not answering me because youre a punk talking about children who play hockey and I'm not. Phc is an organization that has some families that I consider my family and would never talk about kids like this and phc cannot write about children on a corny message board. The reason he's not answering me is because my guess is he knows me and he's a punk ***** so that's the real reason .

This is comical... the end of the year who’s going where debacle. Parents have to make the best decision for their children that’s the long and short of it. At the end of the day it’s about the children that’s it. The love for the sport the passion for the play. The fun.... that’s the key. All the rest is just, well you know.

Didnt you leave Warwick last year? Secret conversations etc. Im sure you are happy at PHC. No need to comment here. Shouldn't you be arguing on a different post about tier 1 black being equal to elite. Move on.

Tier 1 Black is equal to Elite

Anon
Tier 1 Black is equal to Elite
12 year old kids shouldn't be allowed on the board:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You're right, tier 1 black is equal to elite. The top 2-3 teams in tier 1 black are equal to the bottom 2-3 teams in elite.

The intent of this thread was to promote a great program. To give people who are unhappy an option. It seems almost every parent that is unhappy is because of their child's team's win percentage or placement. Kids have fun, especially in the house league, playing for WJHA. Do yourselves a favor before moving from ANY program...ask your player what they want to do. Good luck at tryouts to all

WARWICK JUNIOR HOCKEY ASSOSIATION

HOME OF THE RHODE ISLAND JR. BLUES AND THE WARWICK WAVE

Let's not forget about reverse psychology, some parents bad mouth programs because they don't want more kids at tryouts, less competition.

Rhode island I agree. This should be the best part of the season and all everyone talks about is who's leaving when in reality kids just want to play with their friends .

This may be the most entertaining thread ever

I'll entertain everyone. Once papa Smurf tells me who they really are

Warwick is a decent program run by good people. I agree with the poster up thread who said that if your kid wants better competition you need to move on. Having seen the 13u jr blues team a few times this year I think the Saints 06E team could take them on and beat them. It's nothing against the kids. It's just that the skill level isn't that good.