Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
E9 Select Level

How good are these teams and are they worth trying out for or is it equivalent to Valley etc.

Re: E9 Select Level

Anon
How good are these teams and are they worth trying out for or is it equivalent to Valley etc.
E9 Select is the BHL. They have two “tiers” but honestly, none of that matters. My kid plays in the 1st Tier. His team along with others still call themselves “Elite”, they are not. I find it slightly better than town AA and AAA as far as games go. The skills are off the chart better but he came from a terrible town program. His current club team has beaten EHF T1 Black and White teams so take that for what it’s worth which isn’t much. There are so many teams at so many places that’s it’s all watered down. So many parents looking for the next best thing. My kids an 09 who just started skating 4 years ago and played a year of town. He’s been progressing quickly enough but I also got him a few private skating lessons at the beginning and he’s been in an outside Skills program along with the team ones. He’s on the bubble as far as lower level Elite (ONLY because some of those teams have no business calling themselves elite either) but he likes his teammates and nobody’s leaving so he found a good place to continue to progress hopefully. It all really depends on the fit for your kid and the program as opposed to your town program. I know my kid ultimately isn’t going anywhere but he’s having way more fun where he is than his town team which he fills in for on occasion.

EHF Elite
E9
EHF Tier 1
BHL
EHF tier 2
Town

EHF develops no child. They all join already skilled and then get no better. EHF #1

EHF or nothing! BAM!

Anon
Leagues don't mean much nor does which conference you play in, outside of a few top teams in each league, everything is pretty watered down. Find a coach that you think will mesh with your player and bring the best out of him and his teammates, especially if your player is SQ and below.

If you are jumping to club, you finally have a chance to find a coach that you think will do that, don't waste this opportunity worrying about leagues and monikers.

Regardless of league or previous season's record:

1- Find all the clubs within a 30 minute (rush hour) commute from you residence.
2- Research the coaches that fall within that parameter.
3- Go see for yourself. Ask to attend a practice
4- Ask yourself the following: Did your kid have fun? Were the other kids having fun? Working? Did your kid stand around a lot, or skate a lot? Were the parents clique-ish? Were the moms hot? Was the rink a dive?
4- Sign your kid with the best coach and environment you witness with your own eyes.

You're welcome. Hopefully your kid doesn't get cut.

The bill is in the mail.