Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Why there will be no youth or school hockey this year

Ya that never happened. Your watching to much CNN or have not left the basment since March. All true kids have not social distanced for a while and the summer skills are not set up like the check out in Market Basket. Kids are not spreading it. If they where half the Islander parents would be on ventilators because they are defiantly not adhering to the rules.
I would recommend staying out of the bars and flop houses at least until the Republicans can sweep this fall.

Fake News
Ya that never happened. Your watching to much CNN or have not left the basment since March. All true kids have not social distanced for a while and the summer skills are not set up like the check out in Market Basket. Kids are not spreading it. If they where half the Islander parents would be on ventilators because they are defiantly not adhering to the rules.
I would recommend staying out of the bars and flop houses at least until the Republicans can sweep this fall.
Silver Stick in Toronto (November) cancelled. Dominoes continue to fall.

I hope this is sarcastic, otherwise you are completely wrong. Turn off CNN

Anon
You selfish people make me puke. Kids can carry the virus asymptomatically and can unwittingly pass it on to anyone else they come in contact with. Which in turn means they can take it home to those who may not be so physically immune. And just because those who have been infected don't die, they face an uncertain future healthwise with compromised lungs and other organs.

Think about someone other than yourself or your kids' hobby for Christ's sake.
I thought the science was settled:

"A commentary published in the journal Pediatrics, the official peer-reviewed journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, concludes that children infrequently transmit Covid-19 to each other or to adults"

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200710100934.htm

Anon
Anon
You selfish people make me puke. Kids can carry the virus asymptomatically and can unwittingly pass it on to anyone else they come in contact with. Which in turn means they can take it home to those who may not be so physically immune. And just because those who have been infected don\'t die, they face an uncertain future healthwise with compromised lungs and other organs.

Think about someone other than yourself or your kids\' hobby for Christ\'s sake.

"A commentary published in the journal Pediatrics, the official peer-reviewed journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, concludes that children infrequently transmit Covid-19 to each other or to adults"

True, but doesn't apply to children over 12. Middle school and high school aged kids can and do transmit the disease.

Anon
Anon
Anon
You selfish people make me puke. Kids can carry the virus asymptomatically and can unwittingly pass it on to anyone else they come in contact with. Which in turn means they can take it home to those who may not be so physically immune. And just because those who have been infected don\\\'t die, they face an uncertain future healthwise with compromised lungs and other organs.

Think about someone other than yourself or your kids\\\' hobby for Christ\\\'s sake.

\"A commentary published in the journal Pediatrics, the official peer-reviewed journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, concludes that children infrequently transmit Covid-19 to each other or to adults\"

True, but doesn't apply to children over 12. Middle school and high school aged kids can and do transmit the disease.
"What should I know about coronavirus and children?
Many parents are still understandably nervous about the effects of coronavirus in children — especially those with underlying health conditions. Most children and teens infected with COVID-19 appear to have had mild to moderate symptoms. But the COVID-19 pandemic may have other effects on kids, including stress, fear, anxiety, and frustration. Here’s how Boston Children’s is addressing coronavirus in children."

http://www.childrenshospital.org/conditions-and-treatments/conditions/c/coronavirus

So if you're at risk of Covid, avoid contact with athletic teens. Got it. Now can we get on with the scholastic and athletic development of children & teens in school and sports? You know, "in the best interests of the child".

Karen you can just stay in your home and you are as safe as can be in there.That is you’re right!

Anon
Karen you can just stay in your home and you are as safe as can be in there.That is you’re right!
Pretty sure you meant "that is YOUR right," but "that is you're right" is also correct. Karens are always right.

Anon
You selfish people make me puke. Kids can carry the virus asymptomatically and can unwittingly pass it on to anyone else they come in contact with. Which in turn means they can take it home to those who may not be so physically immune. And just because those who have been infected don't die, they face an uncertain future healthwise with compromised lungs and other organs.

Keep reading and believing the lies douche

Anon

Good I hope they pass it on just to you. If I were you dont go outside because they are waiting for you muhuhaha

Dr Fauci
Anon
You selfish people make me puke. Kids can carry the virus asymptomatically and can unwittingly pass it on to anyone else they come in contact with. Which in turn means they can take it home to those who may not be so physically immune. And just because those who have been infected don\'t die, they face an uncertain future healthwise with compromised lungs and other organs.

Think about someone other than yourself or your kids\' hobby for Christ\'s sake.
Good I hope they pass it on just to you. If I were you dont go outside because they are waiting for you muhuhaha
I heard your wife’s favorite sport is the local hot dog eating contest 🤪🤪🤪

Anon
Dr Fauci
Anon
You selfish people make me puke. Kids can carry the virus asymptomatically and can unwittingly pass it on to anyone else they come in contact with. Which in turn means they can take it home to those who may not be so physically immune. And just because those who have been infected don\\\'t die, they face an uncertain future healthwise with compromised lungs and other organs.

Think about someone other than yourself or your kids\\\' hobby for Christ\\\'s sake.
I heard your wife’s favorite sport is the local hot dog eating contest 🤪🤪🤪
Thanks Greg.

anon
Anonymous
For all of those who think Baker and state officials are over-reacting, behold the idiocy and defiance of social distancing in Massachusetts:

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2020/07/23/chatham-house-party-covid-19-cluster
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Kids have been gathering in groups with no masks on for the entire duration, at least in my neighborhood. Whiffle ball tournaments, basketball games, street football, etc. A dad in the neighborhood even has a half-court in his backyard and has his kids' team over for games. No outbreaks here. This is going on everywhere. No one has their kids sitting inside or interacting with friends with masks on, and if they try the kids take them off anyway. Reality is, most kids are out and about just like we were, riding bikes, hanging with friends, playing unorganized sports in groups, no masks, no social distancing, no problems.
This is exactly true, not just in my neighborhood, but in my entire Town. The point is a very good one. If the concern isn't whether kids are affected by it, but that they might pass it along to adults then it would already be happening in my Town and sounds like many others.

anon
Anonymous
For all of those who think Baker and state officials are over-reacting, behold the idiocy and defiance of social distancing in Massachusetts:

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2020/07/23/chatham-house-party-covid-19-cluster
I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Kids have been gathering in groups with no masks on for the entire duration, at least in my neighborhood. Whiffle ball tournaments, basketball games, street football, etc. A dad in the neighborhood even has a half-court in his backyard and has his kids' team over for games. No outbreaks here. This is going on everywhere. No one has their kids sitting inside or interacting with friends with masks on, and if they try the kids take them off anyway. Reality is, most kids are out and about just like we were, riding bikes, hanging with friends, playing unorganized sports in groups, no masks, no social distancing, no problems.
Same in my hood! Guy across the street from me running a soccer program in his back.

such a BS post. lax, baseball, skates, kid sleepovers, pool parties, cook outs have been going on for months, no kid outbreaks!
there may not be school as the hacks dont want to do their jobs so guidelines make it impossible and allow govnt employees to get paid BUT there will be hockey soon enough as businesses cannot continue to suffer like rinks and organizations. USA hockey, rinks owners, and MA hockey are working together for non checking hockey which will go to phase 3 moderate risk sport for 9/1 start. just like NH and CT.

The selfishness continues.

No just people trying to live their lives, we do get to control our own lives.

To quote Dean Wormer, the chances of MA hockey are "0.0". I would tell your coach to start calling NH coaches asking for a scrimmage. The NH programs are looking into a NH league this season with other granite state programs as I type. The ice in NH will be filled with NH teams playing each other while MA kids are left with nothing but skills sessions.

I agree no HS/MS sports. Each town/city has to come up with their own plan based on State guidelines. That means some districts could be 100 percent remote in the Fall. In other towns some kids will be 100 percent remote while others will be in the hybrid model as parents can choose. Plans have to be submitted to State by 8/10. Then you have to implement them. You will prob see school start later as well as the State of MA is not going to hold districts to 180 days this year.

As far as youth sports - I have no idea. I would think Town programs might struggle as if they are allowed to play they might lose kids whose parents might choose to sit out the year especially at the lower level teams.

Club I think a lot of parents will jump through hoops to get their kids on the Ice as I think some of us have been doing now if its allowed in the Fall.

Whether you believe in the virus or not its just a tough time right now for kids, parents, businesses, etc.

This is one of the only good things that has come from all these kids being stuck at home and taking organized sports away....they have to go out and play wiffle ball, street hockey, basketball and football games on there own.... and yes it is happening in every town

So NH schooling this fall will be hybrid and youth sports appears to be going on safely. Why can’t Mass. be the same. I can envision all of New England following a similar play. I can also envision our spineless governor stringing us along. Thinking 50/50 youth non check hockey games this fall. Defiantly not out of the question just because the teaches don’t want to go back to school.

somebody tell me what the death rate is for cajones virus versus the probability of dying in an auto accident? Now add in the additional number of times you have top hop in the family SUV to get to and from hockey activities. Gonna go out on a limb and say you're more likely to meet your demise on the way to a throw away game in Marlborough versus getting the coofid.

You people are so goddam stupid.

anon
somebody tell me what the death rate is for cajones virus versus the probability of dying in an auto accident? Now add in the additional number of times you have top hop in the family SUV to get to and from hockey activities. Gonna go out on a limb and say you're more likely to meet your demise on the way to a throw away game in Marlborough versus getting the coofid.

You people are so goddam stupid.
Every time you post the world is dumber for it.

A car accident does not transmit other car accidents upon contact.

Jeezus H Christ, you people don't even bother to think before you post.

Just like all liberals who truly believe anyone who disagrees with them is a racist bigot.

Anon
Just like all liberals who truly believe anyone who disagrees with them is a racist bigot.
New ehf team this year called the Dirty Democrats

Dr Fauci
Anon
And another one called the Republican Retardates

Anonymous
Dr Fauci
Anon
And another one called the Republican Retardates
another one called you suck assho*e

Anon
Not all, just you.