Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: No contact hockey

Anon
Anonymous
anon
Anonymous
In da know
How can hockey be played with no contact? Two kids from opposite teams converge on the puck in the corner. Does first one there get a free ride, take puck and skate away untouched the rest of the way until player gets shot off on goalie? One one one , d man supposed to let forward with puck skate by without being able to stop puck carrier? Gonna be like mite hockey, with end to end rushes! What a joke.
No contact hockey is modeled after you and your wife’s mating dance 不不不
Dumb response. U get out much?
Wasn’t your wife on the East German weightlifting team ?
Wasn't your wife seen carpet-munching the East German weight-lifting team?
No, that was your Grandmother Dirty Gertie 不不不

Anonymous
In da know
How can hockey be played with no contact? Two kids from opposite teams converge on the puck in the corner. Does first one there get a free ride, take puck and skate away untouched the rest of the way until player gets shot off on goalie? One one one , d man supposed to let forward with puck skate by without being able to stop puck carrier? Gonna be like mite hockey, with end to end rushes! What a joke.
No contact hockey is modeled after you and your wife’s mating dance 不不不
is this a public education daddy?

Yum

Its not going to work unless it is noncontact in the wink wink sense. If not, would the refs now have to call penalties for any type of contact? Not feasible, but I understand the rationale, which is noncontact hockey is better that no hockey at all - at least for the rink owners.

Impossible to play no contact. I can only assume it'll be no checking.

son played a bantam level, no checking tournament in Canada last year. It can be done but might lead to a lot of "Johnny Dangle" action among the better players. No checking made the middle school league he played in basically unwatchable.

Anon
son played a bantam level, no checking tournament in Canada last year. It can be done but might lead to a lot of "Johnny Dangle" action among the better players. No checking made the middle school league he played in basically unwatchable.
Just curious - why do you say "no checking" makes middle school games unwatchable? My kid is not a bantam yet, but the games are just fine to watch. Sure, a few of the more skilled players dominate over the slow big kids, but what's wrong with that?

Anon
Anon
son played a bantam level, no checking tournament in Canada last year. It can be done but might lead to a lot of \"Johnny Dangle\" action among the better players. No checking made the middle school league he played in basically unwatchable.
Just curious - why do you say "no checking" makes middle school games unwatchable? My kid is not a bantam yet, but the games are just fine to watch. Sure, a few of the more skilled players dominate over the slow big kids, but what's wrong with that?
My son played for two years. I'd put him in the middle as far as talent. The best kids on the team were very good and would absolutely dominate the game and continuously skate end-to-end but not a chance of passing. With the overall roster talent they should have dominated but routinely lost to inferior teams who set up plays and tried to play actual hockey. It never changed game to game, week to week for two years. The kids also played for different teams so there was zero cohesive effort. First year started out fun but by the end of the second everyone including most of the kids on the team were ready for it to end.

Coached for over 25 years all levels. I don't understand the no-check critics.
The game should be played EXACTLY the same way, its just that players can't FINISH their checks. Positioning, angling, resistance, and yes even contact is allowed. You just can run anyone (legally).

If your experience is different then you are simply being taught wrong.

Okay skippy.

Anon
Anon
Anon
son played a bantam level, no checking tournament in Canada last year. It can be done but might lead to a lot of \\\"Johnny Dangle\\\" action among the better players. No checking made the middle school league he played in basically unwatchable.
Just curious - why do you say \"no checking\" makes middle school games unwatchable? My kid is not a bantam yet, but the games are just fine to watch. Sure, a few of the more skilled players dominate over the slow big kids, but what\'s wrong with that?
My son played for two years. I'd put him in the middle as far as talent. The best kids on the team were very good and would absolutely dominate the game and continuously skate end-to-end but not a chance of passing. With the overall roster talent they should have dominated but routinely lost to inferior teams who set up plays and tried to play actual hockey. It never changed game to game, week to week for two years. The kids also played for different teams so there was zero cohesive effort. First year started out fun but by the end of the second everyone including most of the kids on the team were ready for it to end.
kids that don't pass the puck never break that habit and although they are great now in youth hockey, they will be the ones who never make it. Most prep and college coaches don't want selfish players. Just a fact jack!

Anon
Impossible to play no contact. I can only assume it'll be no checking.
Guess you never watched a NHL All-Star game.

Just sayin
Anon
Impossible to play no contact. I can only assume it\'ll be no checking.
Correct. Because it's un-watchable.

Anon
Just sayin
Anon
Impossible to play no contact. I can only assume it\\\'ll be no checking.
Correct. Because it's un-watchable.
The question was never 'is it good', it was 'can it be done'.