Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New rainbow divisions

Doesn't matter bc there will be no FED this year. COVID 1, Youth Hockey 0.

China 1 USA 0

Anon
Someone commented about this earlier, but i didn't believe him. New tier 1 divisions are platinum, upper gold, lower gold and silver. I'm not debating if 4 divisions are necessary or of they should be classified as tier 1. I'm just reporting the ehf announcement. They said they are working on team placement now and will announce divisions in 2 weeks. Also, not debating if there will be a season or not.

I do think 4 divisions will probably lead to better parity. I do think it'll be better if they allow for movement up/down after 10 +/- games.

I wonder if they'll allow 2 teams from the same org to be placed in same division? I also wonder if they will create any new rules, or better yet post the documented old rules.

Here's to the rainbow.
It was me stating that and I was not joking. This may play out to be the best parity year in ehf history, if they follow through with the mid October realignment. That is, if we start the season on time.

According to the powers that be we will be starting very close to on time and will play outside of MA if necessary to get the season going. The upside would be a home game schedule during the ****tiest part of winter.

Good intel abc, thanks.

Any idea how they will align the preliminary divisions? I would assume they would use a combo of last year's final standings and maybe mhr. I'm not condoning this, but what else do they have to go by? And if they do a 10-15 game parity, then there should be no complaints.

If you disagree with your original placement, then winning and moving up shouldn't be a problem.

Any idea who is making the decisions?

Anon
Good intel abc, thanks.

Any idea how they will align the preliminary divisions? I would assume they would use a combo of last year's final standings and maybe mhr. I'm not condoning this, but what else do they have to go by? And if they do a 10-15 game parity, then there should be no complaints.

If you disagree with your original placement, then winning and moving up shouldn't be a problem.

There was an owner's amd director's meeting and the divisions were set at that meeting. Almost all of the team's were placed with just a couple to go. I would expect to see the schedule by the end of next week.

There is going to be angry parents everywhere but who the hell cares. My boys just want to play hockey.

Abc
Anon
Good intel abc, thanks.

Any idea how they will align the preliminary divisions? I would assume they would use a combo of last year\'s final standings and maybe mhr. I\'m not condoning this, but what else do they have to go by? And if they do a 10-15 game parity, then there should be no complaints.

If you disagree with your original placement, then winning and moving up shouldn\'t be a problem.

There was an owner's amd director's meeting and the divisions were set at that meeting. Almost all of the team's were placed with just a couple to go. I would expect to see the schedule by the end of next week.

There is going to be angry parents everywhere but who the hell cares. My boys just want to play hockey.
You can’t please everyone

Abc
Anon
Someone commented about this earlier, but i didn\'t believe him. New tier 1 divisions are platinum, upper gold, lower gold and silver. I\'m not debating if 4 divisions are necessary or of they should be classified as tier 1. I\'m just reporting the ehf announcement. They said they are working on team placement now and will announce divisions in 2 weeks. Also, not debating if there will be a season or not.

I do think 4 divisions will probably lead to better parity. I do think it\'ll be better if they allow for movement up/down after 10 +/- games.

I wonder if they\'ll allow 2 teams from the same org to be placed in same division? I also wonder if they will create any new rules, or better yet post the documented old rules.

Here\'s to the rainbow.
It was me stating that and I was not joking. This may play out to be the best parity year in ehf history, if they follow through with the mid October realignment. That is, if we start the season on time.

According to the powers that be we will be starting very close to on time and will play outside of MA if necessary to get the season going. The upside would be a home game schedule during the ****tiest part of winter.
Couldn't agree more. The way parity is done now when games are played when teams are playing together for the first time together sort of sucks, so wouldn't it make more sense aligning the divisions this year based on last season's records and then re-aligning the divisions based on teams' records after 10 games or so, hopefully once all the teams have had time to gel a bit?

Anon
Someone commented about this earlier, but i didn't believe him. New tier 1 divisions are platinum, upper gold, lower gold and silver. I'm not debating if 4 divisions are necessary or of they should be classified as tier 1. I'm just reporting the ehf announcement. They said they are working on team placement now and will announce divisions in 2 weeks. Also, not debating if there will be a season or not.

I do think 4 divisions will probably lead to better parity. I do think it'll be better if they allow for movement up/down after 10 +/- games.

I wonder if they'll allow 2 teams from the same org to be placed in same division? I also wonder if they will create any new rules, or better yet post the documented old rules.

Here's to the rainbow.
Did they get rid of Black and White divisions because words are racists now? I bet platinum and gold people are going to be *******