Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tier 1 Black or Town A?

Your team must be the Islanders White, which was given a gift when the Black team dismantled...haaaaa

Anon
After many seasons in white my boy’s team has finally made the black division. He has also made the town A team and should be one of the key players this season. Given the uncertainty around this upcoming season will we be ok just letting him play town?
Key Player on that town team? Sounds Serious.

Town sports are way more likely to get canceled.

Anon
Tier 1 black is basically town hockey so stop thinking it is more than that. tier 2 hockey which is not a bad thing.

anon
Anon
Tier 1 black is basically town hockey so stop thinking it is more than that. tier 2 hockey which is not a bad thing.
What town are you from that can compete with Tier 1 black? Obviously black is not elite division, but it is 100% better than town.

anon
Anon
Town is T3, Black and E9 are T2.

anon
Anon
I was referring to organizing body not level of play *******. Both may be canceled but Town will go first. Town teams won’t buck the Board of Ed. Club team owners don’t give a **** about town politics. They will only cancel if the rinks are closed.

anon
Anon
No tier 1 black team has lost a game to a town team. Zip it or post the proof.

Our T1 black tm played in a tourney at Waterville with a bunch of town A tms...In 4 gms we went 4-0 and out scored our opponents 69-1.

Anon
Our T1 black tm played in a tourney at Waterville with a bunch of town A tms...In 4 gms we went 4-0 and out scored our opponents 69-1.
Your coach is an idiot then for putting you in the tournament. Unless this was the only way for you to win a game. Maybe drop down to white.

Town A is roughly equivalent to T1 White. Not many Town A programs could beat a T1 Black team. In fact many Town A teams would struggle against the better White or Silver programs.

You have to remember Town A roll the lines and the kids at the bottom of the roster are usually there because their dads drink with the coach. They don't have the same talent level top to bottom most club teams have.

Tier 1 EHF black there are usually 2-3 teams that are above average after that you have EHF white/black mix. Same with BHL American 1-2. Only a few Town A can compete, but overall will not be better. Simple. Forget all those e9, EHF elite, EHF BHL, and PHL haters out there.

My son's white team (PW) has played town teams in the past, definitely not the same level. From my experience, club teams have more talent top to bottom. Also, top goalies simply don't play town, unless they are an alternate. Also, many of the better "town" players are also club players. The club players use town hockey for fun and to play with their friends. And club teams typically play to win vs playing to play. I'm not saying club is better, it's just different. Just stop comparing a town team to a club team. Except most upper town teams would beat silver teams. Also, you may have an upper level town team, comprised of older birth year player beat a minor year club team. For example, last year's top town PW team of all 07 kids beating a PW minor 08 team. This is probably where people get the idea a town team can beat a club team.

Best towns AAA are made up of good club players. If they play together they can compete with anyone except a few Select teams. Check the JFK AAA 05 level. A town team made it to the finals and lost in OT. Along the way they beat a vaunted EHF black team along with club teams ranked much higher. Bottom line it can happen, but most towns can't compete. Previous poster is dead on - town is fun and kids want to play with friends. Put the town versus club to rest.

Maybe Mass town is different than CT but at the 06 age group only one black team may have beaten my kids town team last year.

"our" team

Please stop this> 2 different age group playing against a club program.
Town team: 3 Elite Kids 3 Tier Black 2 White @2 Silver and the rest town A players.
(Oh yeah we are a town program) Come on people tell the truth!

If you are a true town program nobody on your team is playing club.

Black Hockey Matters!

It’s town people.

Anon
Black Hockey Matters!

It’s town people.
If black is town hockey, is E9 learn to skate or ice dancing?

I'm going to assume this question isn't a troll job, and you're specifically asking because of COVID concerns this year.

Personally I'm skeptical there will be a town season. Town programs are non-profits and are unlikely to have a season if the schools cancel fall sports. Club teams are for-profit and in many cases have already taken in deposits, and will do everything they can to have a season. But unless MA opens up, we may be looking at a practice-heavy + a few NH tournaments this year, which would be a terrible waste of money, but at least you'll get some hockey.

So I'd go with T1B, obviously.

Play for the better coach. Foregone conclusion that T1 Black is better generally speaking. But what should be the deciding factor is coaching.

Looks like NY will not allow hockey teams to travel out of state for games and not allow out of state teams in. So if Mass follows suit town hockey could be the way to go.

anon
Looks like NY will not allow hockey teams to travel out of state for games and not allow out of state teams in. So if Mass follows suit town hockey could be the way to go.
Because, somehow, magically, Town hockey will solve all its ills?

How about MA club teams play MA club teams? There are plenty.

But, don't let me stop you from ending your kid's hockey career. He can watch from the bench as all the club kids "double dip."

Anon
anon
Because, somehow, magically, Town hockey will solve all its ills?

How about MA club teams play MA club teams? There are plenty.

But, don't let me stop you from ending your kid's hockey career. He can watch from the bench as all the club kids "double dip."
Black division is basically town hockey anyway so stop....And sorry to bust your bubble but hockey season may not happen anyway..

Anon
After many seasons in white my boy’s team has finally made the black division. He has also made the town A team and should be one of the key players this season. Given the uncertainty around this upcoming season will we be ok just letting him play town?
If you want your kid to play in the better league with better level of play let him play Fed black, but not all players are cut out for that level. If you kid is going to fit better at the town level of play let him play town or fed white. It all depends on where your kid fits best.

My kids tier 1 white team played a town A tournament in Marlboro last season, at the invite of the Marlboro rink to fill out the schedule. Finished 5-0 after outscoring the other teams 53-1. Don't give me any of this Tier 1 is the same as town crap. It was a total **** show. For the record, we played in white but if parity had actually been followed the team only qualified for silver. (got handed a gift when the vipers folded)