The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In-state

If teams are forced to play only in-state hockey, would kids from other states lose positions if they don’t play on teams in their state?

Re: In-state

Perhaps.

Who would be enforcing these rules ? The answer is no one.

Let's think this whole "in-state" thing through.

Impossible on Town teams. Teachers will scream to the union if the town-run rec association allows kids to travel anywhere they want and bring Typhoid back to the school with them on Monday.

Club teams won't cross league boundaries. EHF doesn't even allow teams to play in E9 or PHL summer, pre-season or in-season tournaments. Why would they suddenly grow up and say "go play any team you want?"

I can see a "MA Division" within a league, but then NH, VT, CT and ME would be left in the cold.

Bottom line, I don't see it. To many barriers. More likely that MA teams play all their games out of state until Tall Deval finally realizes he can't keep everything closed indefinitely without causing many, many more small business failures.

Anon
Let's think this whole "in-state" thing through.

Impossible on Town teams. Teachers will scream to the union if the town-run rec association allows kids to travel anywhere they want and bring Typhoid back to the school with them on Monday.

Club teams won't cross league boundaries. EHF doesn't even allow teams to play in E9 or PHL summer, pre-season or in-season tournaments. Why would they suddenly grow up and say "go play any team you want?"

I can see a "MA Division" within a league, but then NH, VT, CT and ME would be left in the cold.

Bottom line, I don't see it. To many barriers. More likely that MA teams play all their games out of state until Tall Deval finally realizes he can't keep everything closed indefinitely without causing many, many more small business failures.
Just curious what state you think is going to allow MA teams to play all their games?

WTF
Anon
Let\'s think this whole \"in-state\" thing through.

Club teams won\'t cross league boundaries. EHF doesn\'t even allow teams to play in E9 or PHL summer, pre-season or in-season tournaments. Why would they suddenly grow up and say \"go play any team you want?\"

I can see a \"MA Division\" within a league, but then NH, VT, CT and ME would be left in the cold.

Bottom line, I don\'t see it. To many barriers. More likely that MA teams play all their games out of state until Tall Deval finally realizes he can\'t keep everything closed indefinitely without causing many, many more small business failures.
Just curious what state you think is going to allow MA teams to play all their games?
You make it sound like there's a Border Patrol between MA and NH.

If my kid's MA team needs ice they will call the rink manager in Salem, or Exeter, or Hudson, or Nashua. If they have available ice, they buy it, and the game happens. It isn't against the law to do that.

The 30 kids plus parents that cross the border are a rounding error relative to the than the thousands and thousands of people that cross the borders all day, every day.

Anon
WTF
Anon
Let\\\'s think this whole \\\"in-state\\\" thing through.

Club teams won\\\'t cross league boundaries. EHF doesn\\\'t even allow teams to play in E9 or PHL summer, pre-season or in-season tournaments. Why would they suddenly grow up and say \\\"go play any team you want?\\\"

I can see a \\\"MA Division\\\" within a league, but then NH, VT, CT and ME would be left in the cold.

Bottom line, I don\\\'t see it. To many barriers. More likely that MA teams play all their games out of state until Tall Deval finally realizes he can\\\'t keep everything closed indefinitely without causing many, many more small business failures.
You make it sound like there's a Border Patrol between MA and NH.

If my kid's MA team needs ice they will call the rink manager in Salem, or Exeter, or Hudson, or Nashua. If they have available ice, they buy it, and the game happens. It isn't against the law to do that.

The 30 kids plus parents that cross the border are a rounding error relative to the than the thousands and thousands of people that cross the borders all day, every day.
Ice has already been bought up by fed programs at all of these rinks through November. Only 4 programs jumped on it. Sorry for the orgs that missed out

Anon
Anon
WTF
Anon
Let\\\\\\\'s think this whole \\\\\\\"in-state\\\\\\\" thing through.

Club teams won\\\\\\\'t cross league boundaries. EHF doesn\\\\\\\'t even allow teams to play in E9 or PHL summer, pre-season or in-season tournaments. Why would they suddenly grow up and say \\\\\\\"go play any team you want?\\\\\\\"

I can see a \\\\\\\"MA Division\\\\\\\" within a league, but then NH, VT, CT and ME would be left in the cold.

Bottom line, I don\\\\\\\'t see it. To many barriers. More likely that MA teams play all their games out of state until Tall Deval finally realizes he can\\\\\\\'t keep everything closed indefinitely without causing many, many more small business failures.
You make it sound like there\'s a Border Patrol between MA and NH.

If my kid\'s MA team needs ice they will call the rink manager in Salem, or Exeter, or Hudson, or Nashua. If they have available ice, they buy it, and the game happens. It isn\'t against the law to do that.

Ice has already been bought up by fed programs at all of these rinks through November. Only 4 programs jumped on it. Sorry for the orgs that missed out
That's before all the Town teams drop their ice when the towns won't let them travel.

It is okay to cross borders to protest and riot, but no way the liberals will continue allow anything that would be uplifting for the kids or small businesses. To enforce, they could more easily hang at the rink parking lots. MA plates and hockey bags are not each to conceal.

Anon
It is okay to cross borders to protest and riot, but no way the liberals will continue allow anything that would be uplifting for the kids or small businesses. To enforce, they could more easily hang at the rink parking lots. MA plates and hockey bags are not each to conceal.
Sorry, what law would they be breaking again?

Anon
If teams are forced to play only in-state hockey, would kids from other states lose positions if they don’t play on teams in their state?
Bigger question is when are we going to get an answer as to what is going on. Some programs keeping coaches in the loop and some are silent. Some are looking for payments and some are not. I have 3 kids in the Fed, have spent over 10k and know nothing. The website doesn’t offer any info. I’ve asked two of my coaches for info as to what would happen if the Fed decides to not play this season and they can’t get anything in writing from the program.

MB
Anon
Bigger question is when are we going to get an answer as to what is going on. Some programs keeping coaches in the loop and some are silent. Some are looking for payments and some are not. I have 3 kids in the Fed, have spent over 10k and know nothing. The website doesn’t offer any info. I’ve asked two of my coaches for info as to what would happen if the Fed decides to not play this season and they can’t get anything in writing from the program.
My kid's team altered the payment schedule and is only now starting to collect payments outside of the nominal deposit we paid when we committed.

Your real concern should be that your kids' teams didn't.

I have the answer for you, there will be no hockey.

No competitive hockey in Ma this fall or winter. Cases are already going up and it isn't even fall yet and the flu season hasn't started. Look people do yourself a favor and sign little bender up for skills now. There will be no EHF, E9/BHL, PHL or any other HL until September 2021. And don't think about it or apply logic or justify your reasoning by referencing science or numbers... because it just doesn't work that way. It's all about risk... If we don't have a hockey season Baker might loose a few votes, but if we have a season and case counts surge, then he will be out in Western Ma with Duval planning his next career move.