Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Florida Governor Would Not Shut Down Youth Sports if Athletes Test Positive

Finally someone who gets it

Re: Florida Governor Would Not Shut Down Youth Sports if Athletes Test Positive

Ron Jeremy Desantis
Florida's governor would not shut down youth sports if athletes test positive for Covid-19
From CNN's Rosa Flores and Sara Weisfeldt

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wants to “give the fans what they want” when it comes to sports returning to schools and college campuses this upcoming school year.

DeSantis made the remarks during a news conference in Jacksonville Thursday where he pushed for the return of girls and boys sports in his state.

“The governor’s office, we’re 100% supportive of getting the kids back into competition,” DeSantis said. “Obviously you do it with care and with safety… to be shut down, that’s not an option here.”
DeSantis said “there is a risk out there” with sports. But, he doesn’t foresee youth sports teams operating in an “NBA style bubble.”

Instead, when an athlete develops symptoms, that athlete would be isolated and tested. And the athlete could then return 10 days after displaying symptoms.

“What I would not do is just… shut down everything else. I mean I think if everyone else is fine, you got to just keep going,” DeSantis said.

DeSantis said the vast majority of youth either have zero or mild symptoms. The governor said that as a father, if his children were old enough to play sports, he would want them to play.

“I would want them playing,” DeSantis said. “If they bring something back to the house, I mean, as much as I wouldn't want that, I would rather take that risk, than to deprive them of the opportunity. You know, to do things like this. But that's just me as a father, the calculation I would make.”
This guy is a hall of fame governor