Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Guidelines

Dufus take one glove off, pull it up , put glove back on jackass..

My kid will be ready before the puck drops, sorry yours still needs you to tie skates..

Anon
Have them wear a gator mask and pop it back up/on during a faceoff. They Don't need one if they have a fishbowl.

Real Simple for all the dumb assesses out there..
I was thinking of that too, then I saw this...I give up!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/mask-test-duke-covid/2020/08/10/4f2bb888-db18-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html

Who Dat?
Anon
Have them wear a gator mask and pop it back up/on during a faceoff. They Don\'t need one if they have a fishbowl.

Real Simple for all the dumb assesses out there..
I was thinking of that too, then I saw this...I give up!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/mask-test-duke-covid/2020/08/10/4f2bb888-db18-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html
Anybody that wears glasses knows this. I've tried a bunch of different masks, none keep glasses from fogging up.

Fog = moist air escaping the mask and being released into the air.

A mask IS effective in catching droplets from a cough or sneeze. Beyond that the effectiveness is questionable.

BTW, if everyone in Toronto is inside the bubble and if everyone inside the bubble is tested repeatedly, with 100% negative outcomes, how come Pastrnak has to wear a mask when he's watching a game?

Rock Paper Scissors for faceoff 6’ apart

Agreed- it was the refs with masks. But I am sure they will figure things out.

Glass bubbles will probably be allowed as "masks" and quick(er) whistles on scrums should satisfy that requirement too.

God forbid people actually take good news well.

anon
Anon
They pitched no hitting---not no scrums, faceoffs. Did not pitch the mask part either.

Pretty hard to play hockey without the ability to dig a puck out in the corner against 2 or 3 other players.
Mass hockey proposed masks for refs--nothing about players. Mass hockey also proposed quicker whistles when pucks are trapped in a scrum. New guidance seems to be tougher than what was proposed.
Which is why they never responded to them. They had their own rules in mind the whole time. If you wear a mask you can play pretty much normal non-check hockey. Everyone should be purchasing the super thin material gaiters.

anon
anon
Anon
They pitched no hitting---not no scrums, faceoffs. Did not pitch the mask part either.

Pretty hard to play hockey without the ability to dig a puck out in the corner against 2 or 3 other players.
Mass hockey proposed masks for refs--nothing about players. Mass hockey also proposed quicker whistles when pucks are trapped in a scrum. New guidance seems to be tougher than what was proposed.
Which is why they never responded to them. They had their own rules in mind the whole time. If you wear a mask you can play pretty much normal non-check hockey. Everyone should be purchasing the super thin material gaiters.
"Super thin" neck gaiters don't do diddly squat per recent studies.

The guidelines are impractical starting with face coverage at all times and only 25 on the ice and benches into. The joke is on hockey people, i.e., if you can follow these guidelines - play will be allowed. It doesn't matter who pitched it, it is idiotic to think anyone can play ice hockey under these guidelines.

Anon
The guidelines are impractical starting with face coverage at all times and only 25 on the ice and benches into. The joke is on hockey people, i.e., if you can follow these guidelines - play will be allowed. It doesn't matter who pitched it, it is idiotic to think anyone can play ice hockey under these guidelines.
25 rule is for the playing surface. Benches not included.

anon
Anon
The guidelines are impractical starting with face coverage at all times and only 25 on the ice and benches into. The joke is on hockey people, i.e., if you can follow these guidelines - play will be allowed. It doesn\'t matter who pitched it, it is idiotic to think anyone can play ice hockey under these guidelines.
25 rule is for the playing surface. Benches not included.
So how do 2 teams of 14 warm up before a game?

Oh well then Fakers minions of investigators will have to be out on the prowl checking which ones are too thin and which ones are not.. you joker. Games on ********

Anon
anon
anon
Anon

"Super thin" neck gaiters don't do diddly squat per recent studies.
We don't care about the COVID 99.9% survival virus, just playing games. Most of us already had our kids playing in NH tournaments with no masks. Do your kids play with their friends with masks on, I bet not.

anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon

\"Super thin\" neck gaiters don\'t do diddly squat per recent studies.
We don't care about the COVID 99.9% survival virus, just playing games. Most of us already had our kids playing in NH tournaments with no masks. Do your kids play with their friends with masks on, I bet not.
Oh, that's cute. Hopefully they weren't playing in Exeter or Cromwell, CT. Significant Covid Outbreak from this past weekend. Clown.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon

\\\"Super thin\\\" neck gaiters don\\\'t do diddly squat per recent studies.
We don\'t care about the COVID 99.9% survival virus, just playing games. Most of us already had our kids playing in NH tournaments with no masks. Do your kids play with their friends with masks on, I bet not.
Oh, that's cute. Hopefully they weren't playing in Exeter or Cromwell, CT. Significant Covid Outbreak from this past weekend. Clown.
It's obvious your kid wasn't, so unless you can post a link to a news story or name the team, it never happened. Because if it did happen, the media would be all over it. You're relying on second hand info from dboard posters who weren't there. How's this, significant Covid outbreak traced to your house. See how I did that, now it's fact.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon

\\\\\\\"Super thin\\\\\\\" neck gaiters don\\\\\\\'t do diddly squat per recent studies.
We don\\\'t care about the COVID 99.9% survival virus, just playing games. Most of us already had our kids playing in NH tournaments with no masks. Do your kids play with their friends with masks on, I bet not.
Oh, that\'s cute. Hopefully they weren\'t playing in Exeter or Cromwell, CT. Significant Covid Outbreak from this past weekend. Clown.
It's obvious your kid wasn't, so unless you can post a link to a news story or name the team, it never happened. Because if it did happen, the media would be all over it. You're relying on second hand info from dboard posters who weren't there. How's this, significant Covid outbreak traced to your house. See how I did that, now it's fact.
Here ya go princess.....

https://www.nysaha.com/

Click on the "Players testing positive for Covid..." link.

That is if you have the mental capability to read and process....

There’s no ice in Cromwell ..... moron

Anon
There’s no ice in Cromwell ..... moron
It was the "Champions of Cromwell" Tournament----a$$hat

Bubbles no bueno. defeats the purpose of having a mask. it is the anti-mask, doesn't cover mouth, you bunch of nitwits

mask means mask, what's not to understand? si hablo ingles?

You mean "War at the Well"? Yeah the "Well" part is Cromwell. Though all the games my son played were in Northford. Not sure why that matters though.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon

We don\'t care about the COVID 99.9% survival virus, just playing games. Most of us already had our kids playing in NH tournaments with no masks. Do your kids play with their friends with masks on, I bet not.
People keep bringing up Cromwell and COVID, Cromwell has been closed for three weeks do the mechanical issues.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
anon
Anon

everyone knew it was just a matter of time before the mass hole parents would drag their dirty greasy kids to nh to spread covid 19 all over our beautiful state

Anon
You can’t play hockey with a mask on so how is this going to work?
Only during faceoffs and on the bench not during play. Finally glad my bender is a D Man

August 11, 2020

TO: All Associations

It has been brought to the Board’s attention by the East Section, from MULTIPLE SOURCES, that a number of East Section players have recently tested positive for COVID-19; that some are sicker than others, with some players very sick; and in some cases have passed the virus on to family members and/or friends.

The players who tested positive participated in non-sanctioned tournaments held in New Hampshire (Exeter) and in Connecticut (Champions of Cromwell). Players (and some coaches) who participated in these tournaments may now have contracted COVID unknowingly, and could also be passing the virus along to other players in their home rinks and to family members and friends.

The other Sections may have similar examples of noncompliance. NYSAHA and its Section Presidents have stated in numerous emails and notices posted to the NYSAHA website, that hockey is indefinitely suspended from ALL ON-ICE, OFF-ICE and administrative activities in order to help prevent the spread of COVID. A player who participates in a non-sanctioned tournament or other non-sanctioned activities does not mean that player (or coach) is immune from COVID. Participating in out-of-state tournaments, with players from other States, is not a very smart decision; violates the safety precautions put in place by NYSAHA and the Sections; and violates the New York Governor’s Executive Orders with regards to high risk sports such as ice hockey. The safety and wellbeing of all of our players is our utmost priority and should continue to be so.

The NYSAHA Board has been working with New York Government agencies and officials to get hockey safely started throughout the State, since under USA Hockey we are ONE DISTRICT. Reckless decisions that are now leading to positive tests amongst our players will only hurt our attempts to get our sport reopened by the State Government. These reckless actions resulting in sick players and others will not help our cause at all

NYSAHA and its Section Presidents remind everyone that those coaches who normally work for your Association, but who have decided to take matters into their own hands, are potentially bringing the virus back to our rinks and possibly infecting other players who have kept themselves safe and are abiding by the Governor’s Executive Orders and the safety restrictions of NYSAHA. Playing games, scrimmages, and participating in league activities and tournaments are not permissible at this time. Associations must understand that actions that directly tie their organization to participation in non-sanctioned events risk discipline down the road.

We all need to be smart here, and we need to contain COVID so we can restart ice hockey and keep our players healthy and safe. Overzealous coaches and parents can set us back and cause more restrictions being placed on our sport.

Yours in Hockey

Board of Directors
New York State Amateur Hockey Association, Inc.

NOW DO AS YOUR MASTERS DEMAND OR YOU WILL PAY PEASANT

If that NYSAHA announcement was five days ago, no way we get the updated guidelines today.

Expect a very quick trigger and an eventual rollback.

anon
If that NYSAHA announcement was five days ago, no way we get the updated guidelines today.

Expect a very quick trigger and an eventual rollback.
I still call bull on the NYAHA. Have all the other teams been notified? Parents? Tournament organizer? If not and this really happened then the NYAHA and it’s BOD are slimes scum. And if it did really happen and multiple sources told them, how is it not in the news hyping up the dangers of Covid among kids. It sounds more like a Karen ******** and moaning that her kid wasn’t picked for any of these teams.

Anon
https://www.mass.gov/doc/safety-standards-for-youth-and-adult-amateur-sports-activities-phase-iii-step-1/download
"For example, soccer players should have facial coverings with them at all times, and where possible play with the facial covering on, removing it for long runs down the field, for plays without close contact, and in the goal; baseball/softball batters must wear facial coverings while at bat; lacrosse or hockey players participating in face-offs must wear facial
coverings."

So a soccer player should be removing the mask while in motion during play, and a hockey player should be removing the mask once the puck is in play after a face-off. What has happened to us? How did we ever get to the point where we allow the morons who wrote these guidelines to actually attain positions of authority?

Either let players assume the risk of Covid, like they assume the risk of a concussion or bodily injury, or just ban play altogether. Players who assume the risk and play can mack up and social distance from Grandma after the game.

None of the idiots who wrote this document played or coached youth sports.

Supposedly some specific Hockey Guidance is coming from the state. Mass hockey plans to do a webinar/press release next Monday outlining what it will take to be able to pull off games. Sounds like it is a go, but the restrictions the state will have in place will be seen as over the top by most and people are already questioning if kids will be able to pull it off. Stock up on masks Mom....... ---Mass Hockey Insiderrrrrrrrrr