email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mask while playing

Anon
Wearing a mask while playing is not going to work. The paper masks get wet from sweat and essentially cover your mouth in a way where you can’t breath at all. Gaiters have been proven to be basically useless. Has anyone tried any kind of physical strenuous exercise wearing a mask? It’s close to impossible to breath and wear one. This is a no-go in my book.
See people running with them all over the place. I’m too fat but they look to handle it well.

Winter ski mask works fine on the outdoor ponds. If your little bender can't wear it for his normal 45 second shift (4 minutes if coaches kid) than dont play. Everyone else wear a ski mask on the ice and you can play.

All the winter ski mask comparisons are absurd. No comparison, especially since you are not wearing a properly fitted hockey helmet and a mouthpiece. Oh yeah, the only thing that matters is COVID-19, who cares about concussions as a result of the helmets being loosened to accommodate masks and gaiters, and the kids cannot wear their mouthguard.

Anon
All the winter ski mask comparisons are absurd. No comparison, especially since you are not wearing a properly fitted hockey helmet and a mouthpiece. Oh yeah, the only thing that matters is COVID-19, who cares about concussions as a result of the helmets being loosened to accommodate masks and gaiters, and the kids cannot wear their mouthguard.
You do realize they make thin ski masks that will fit your benders head inside of his helmet. Your kids helmet has straps make sure they are tight especially the chin. If they are too uncomfortable don't play.

Ski mask won't allow my little guy to show off the spaghetti flow he has grown. Your duster is going to be happy about the ski mask, it will help him to keep warm while sitting on the bench.

Anon
Ski mask won't allow my little guy to show off the spaghetti flow he has grown. Your duster is going to be happy about the ski mask, it will help him to keep warm while sitting on the bench.
Good point coach. Looking forward to your kids 4 minute shifts and double powerplay attempts even though he's not scoring.