Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Masks

Quite taking pictures for your little benders scrap book and just let the kids play. If the complaints rise parents will be barred from entering the rinks. It's that simple. If no one is there to see it then it didn't happen.

I’m assuming the fishbowl styled face shield For Jr.’s hickey helmet will suffice. Agreed?

Fishbowl
I’m assuming the fishbowl styled face shield For Jr.’s hickey helmet will suffice. Agreed?
They addressed this an said not at this time. Mass hockey has asked for an exemption from masks on the bench if 6' spacing can be maintained.

Don't mean to be the giant elephant in the room, but.... how are kids going to space 6'on the bench? I can think of exactly zero rinks that can accommodate that mandate.

Elephant
Don't mean to be the giant elephant in the room, but.... how are kids going to space 6'on the bench? I can think of exactly zero rinks that can accommodate that mandate.
shhh

Heard today a certain rink is mandating masks be worn at all times even on the ice. Also heard another rink that will not allow any spectators for games or practices this yr. How can they expect a parent to drop off a 4, 5, or 6 yr old and leave them at the rink.

Anon
Heard today a certain rink is mandating masks be worn at all times even on the ice. Also heard another rink that will not allow any spectators for games or practices this yr. How can they expect a parent to drop off a 4, 5, or 6 yr old and leave them at the rink.
Don’t go to that rink. Most aren’t doing that.

Pretty ******* simple.

Good excuse to slug beers in the parking lot with no masks and let the rinks and programs violate safe sport usa hockey rules

Anon
There’s a word for this. It’s called hearsay.

Anon
Anon
There’s a word for this. It’s called hearsay.
Rink will not mandate masks. But the town board of health could.

Elephant
Next line up is on the bench. Line coming off goes behind the bench where chairs are set up. Quite a few rinks are already doing this.

Pretty simple, really.

Anon
Elephant
Don\'t mean to be the giant elephant in the room, but.... how are kids going to space 6\'on the bench? I can think of exactly zero rinks that can accommodate that mandate.
Next line up is on the bench. Line coming off goes behind the bench where chairs are set up. Quite a few rinks are already doing this.

Pretty simple, really.
How is sitting behind the bench 6' away? What the hell is the difference of being apart on the bench when they will be all over each other on the ice, in the locker room, in the parking lot, at every practice, at home, and everywhere else these players travel together. These kids are together all the time. They should not need masks on the bench or on the ice surface.

The rules are nonsense and have no supporting data to prove they are effective.

Original Abc
Anon
Elephant
Don\\\'t mean to be the giant elephant in the room, but.... how are kids going to space 6\\\'on the bench? I can think of exactly zero rinks that can accommodate that mandate.

Pretty simple, really.
How is sitting behind the bench 6' away? What the hell is the difference of being apart on the bench when they will be all over each other on the ice, in the locker room, in the parking lot, at every practice, at home, and everywhere else these players travel together. These kids are together all the time. They should not need masks on the bench or on the ice surface.

The rules are nonsense and have no supporting data to prove they are effective.
Completely uncalled for To have these kids wear masks. Makes no sense. Kids are covered head to toe in gear and at the end of the day this is basically a cold To a kid

What a bunch of babies. Just shut up and wear a mask and tell the kids to so we can get some games in here before it all shuts down again. For God’s sakes show your kids how to have a little grit all you whiners.

Anon
What a bunch of babies. Just shut up and wear a mask and tell the kids to so we can get some games in here before it all shuts down again. For God’s sakes show your kids how to have a little grit all you whiners.
Why don't you show your kids how to stand up for what is right rather than cave to authoritarian politicians that push guidelines that have no supporting data while spewing off that they will let the data drive their actions.

What do you mean "no supporting data"? For masks? For infection? If everyone wore their masks and wore them properly, the Beer Bug would be gone in a month, and the flu would would almost be eradicated for the year as well. You're argument is stupid because by whining about not wearing one, people like you have forced the rest of us to have to wear one for 5 months now, with no end in sight. Grow a set of balls, do what needs to be done, and lets get it over with.

Anonnnn
What do you mean "no supporting data"? For masks? For infection? If everyone wore their masks and wore them properly, the Beer Bug would be gone in a month, and the flu would would almost be eradicated for the year as well. You're argument is stupid because by whining about not wearing one, people like you have forced the rest of us to have to wear one for 5 months now, with no end in sight. Grow a set of balls, do what needs to be done, and lets get it over with.
By no supporting data I mean in regards to neck gators, now proven to be about 3% effective, but still acceptable. A cloth face covering is not a mask and provides no protection to the user and poses a greater risk of infection from various germs and viruses. How the hell is a nasty sweat covered face covering going to prevent anything?

Before you spout off, I have have almost 30 years of training in the use off PPE, I am certified to train and supervise others in the use of PPE, I am paid for my opinion and considered an expert in my field.

Masks work when used correctly. Dirty rags are not only ineffective but also detrimental to the user. Post anything that proves me wrong. I will wait.

Not done yet: The CDC, your experts, specifies that you should wash your hands prior to putting on and taking off your mask. Will we have hand washing stations on the bench for the kids to clean their hands between shifts? Will the coach walk back and forth with a tube of hand sanitizer so the kids can disinfect prior to touching their face? The mask policy poses a health risk to the player and everyone around them in this situation. Masks are not the cure all for a virus and in various scenarios exasperate the inherent risk associated with the contagion.

Stop listening to your TV and actually use your brain.

Anonnnn
And yet we have had a mask mandate for months in this state and the reward is more restrictions.
NH kinda sorta has one and their numbers have been stable. Hell they had how many at the NASCAR event?

Just sayin'
Anonnnn
What do you mean \"no supporting data\"? For masks? For infection? If everyone wore their masks and wore them properly, the Beer Bug would be gone in a month, and the flu would would almost be eradicated for the year as well. You\'re argument is stupid because by whining about not wearing one, people like you have forced the rest of us to have to wear one for 5 months now, with no end in sight. Grow a set of balls, do what needs to be done, and lets get it over with.
And yet we have had a mask mandate for months in this state and the reward is more restrictions.
NH kinda sorta has one and their numbers have been stable. Hell they had how many at the NASCAR event?
We've had 27+ kids on sheets of ice for 10 weeks without masks, racking up 1000s of hours of 'data' and not a single issue. Yet 5v5 is viewed as end of world dangerous.

Anon
Anon
Why don't you show your kids how to stand up for what is right rather than cave to authoritarian politicians that push guidelines that have no supporting data while spewing off that they will let the data drive their actions.
Agreed

Under Armour Sportsmask...pay the $30, you cheapskate! small price to pay to play real hockey

Genius, on back order until Nov.

I could not have said it better ....... all these tough guys whining about a little piece of cloth.