Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tournament vs. Games

Baseball was free to open early (Phase II), hockey wasn't. I don't agree with the inconsistency of the rules or the need for some of them, but it is what it is. Sticking it in the governor's the first week back isn't a good idea - one case from a tourney and we're all going to pay the price. And the difference between game and tourney for hockey is kids are in, play their game, they go home. For a tourney, they play game and then hang around for 4-5 hours with their buddies before playing their second game. I agree there is no difference between baseball and hockey tourney, except for that baseball is almost entirely outdoors and most of the their parents are not like Hockey Hardos who are obsessed with whether or not their 9-10 year is a lock for Prep and D1.

Anon
Baseball was free to open early (Phase II), hockey wasn't. I don't agree with the inconsistency of the rules or the need for some of them, but it is what it is. Sticking it in the governor's the first week back isn't a good idea - one case from a tourney and we're all going to pay the price. And the difference between game and tourney for hockey is kids are in, play their game, they go home. For a tourney, they play game and then hang around for 4-5 hours with their buddies before playing their second game. I agree there is no difference between baseball and hockey tourney, except for that baseball is almost entirely outdoors and most of the their parents are not like Hockey Hardos who are obsessed with whether or not their 9-10 year is a lock for Prep and D1.
Actually other sports parents are way, way bigger hardos as there is a lot more opportunity for their kids to play their sport of choice in college than hockey. Soccer and baseball parents are absolutely insane. Real insanity there and unlike at a rink, they have immediate access to get right up in an ump or refs face.

Anon
Do you know for a fact that teams will have more than one game per day? Link?

Do you know that teams will "hang around for 4-5 hours with their buddies?" They won't be able to inside, so why does it matter?

Or, are you guessing?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just keep in mind that:

1. The rules make no sense
2. Rinks trying to get around the rules will be fined and or forced to closed down - Seeing this with restaurants in MA now.
3. The State and local boards of health will be making surprise visits to rinks
4. Karen's will be taking video and providing it to both the State and your local news stations.

This season will be different but the goal is to have one.

It sucks on so many levels. A lot of it makes no sense. But what are our choices. If your org or rink wants to skirt the rules and there is an outbreak than it could leave them with liability. You can sign away your right to sue but not if rink operator is negligent.

Anon
Just keep in mind that:

1. The rules make no sense
2. Rinks trying to get around the rules will be fined and or forced to closed down - Seeing this with restaurants in MA now.
3. The State and local boards of health will be making surprise visits to rinks
4. Karen's will be taking video and providing it to both the State and your local news stations.

This season will be different but the goal is to have one.

It sucks on so many levels. A lot of it makes no sense. But what are our choices. If your org or rink wants to skirt the rules and there is an outbreak than it could leave them with liability. You can sign away your right to sue but not if rink operator is negligent.
Oh no I got a cold and headache now I’m going to sue you... what a bunch of babies. Our schedule came out already for this weekend, have fun at home watching Teenage Bounty Hunters on Netflix you loser.

There are no scheduled games anywhere in MA this weekend. So in what state are you playing in?

Anon.
There are no scheduled games anywhere in MA this weekend. So in what state are you playing in?
State of denial.

That's it...I'm calling the Saugus and Haverhill board of health departments. Viva la NH!!!

i have my schedules for MA games this weekend, do you? sorry yours got cut.

anon
i have my schedules for MA games this weekend, do you? sorry yours got cut.
Sorry you wasted all that money on remedial English.

Anon.
Titletown tournament by Militia is this weekend in MA. So yes, there are games scheduled.

Anon
Anon.
Titletown tournament by Militia is this weekend in MA. So yes, there are games scheduled.
Titletown Games —- not tournament.

Anon.
Titletown at Thayer and Canton Ice house.... Big tournament this weekend! Forgot we only play league games (showcase) but we will crown the winner. Such BS, owners just want to grab the money because they running out of it.
Have fun this weekend and after we get shut down again...Have we not learned from the past tournaments, league plays these past weekends!