email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: E9 parity

anon
Warrior teams have gone way down hill compared to teams years ago.
The Warriors are a mid to lower level Platinum team. The team is full of crazy parents and the major additions they made this year came from what was the EHF White. The team will finish 4th or 5th at best and get bounced in the first round again this year. The coach will spend 2-months trying to recruit better players only to add from EHF Upper Gold again the following year. It is a predictable scenario.

The Spartans will fall the furthest. The loss of the goalie combined with his replacements brought in drop them possibly out of the playoffs. I want to be the first person on record to say the Wizards will beat them more than once this year.

Anon
Not to far fetched, Saints could win 08 E9 with a little effort. BA lost two of their best players to the EHF. They have 1 blue chipper left at forward and one blue chipper on D ,Who happens to be a young lady.
The Exeter team saw the best goalie in the league move to the Fed. Everyone else is a rainbow team who makes a little headway til the Fed comes knocking and Pilages them. Story of the E9.
Eliminate one of coaches kid, and you have no weak links on that team

E9er
Anon
Not to far fetched, Saints could win 08 E9 with a little effort. BA lost two of their best players to the EHF. They have 1 blue chipper left at forward and one blue chipper on D ,Who happens to be a young lady.
The Exeter team saw the best goalie in the league move to the Fed. Everyone else is a rainbow team who makes a little headway til the Fed comes knocking and Pilages them. Story of the E9.
Eliminate one of coaches kid, and you have no weak links on that team
That would be:

"Eliminate one of the coach's (or coaches') kids and you have no weak links on that team." You fail.

For fear of piling on a 12 YO I saw a crew of E9 kids on a tourney team mid July.Terrific skaters in warm ups but once the puck dropped it was all down hill. No hustle, couldn't send or catch a pass, gave up on plays. Not saying it cant be coach corrected but it might be a product of their non competitive environment.

I am a Fed Daddio but find it hard to believe, as some of my Daddy buddies believe, that there isnt 2 kids in the E9/08 that could crack a top 5 team or else they would be gone.