The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Happened?

I've been watching the news intently, waiting for news of massive COVID outbreaks, mass hysteria, parents rushing the doors, and class action lawsuits.

I've been refreshing the Board every 30 seconds looking for s parents complaining how the lack of checking - and faceoffs at NESC - "isn't hockey."

Are my cable and internet down?

Or, did everything happen pretty much as planned, and facilities, teams, coaches and players adapted to the situation and Just. Played. Hockey?

Re: What Happened?

Faceoffs are happening at NESC.

Yep, no covid to be found

Anon
Faceoffs are happening at NESC.
So, wait, what you're saying is that people losing their minds over that was completely unnecessary?

Anon
I've been watching the news intently, waiting for news of massive COVID outbreaks, mass hysteria, parents rushing the doors, and class action lawsuits.

I've been refreshing the Board every 30 seconds looking for s parents complaining how the lack of checking - and faceoffs at NESC - "isn't hockey."

Or, did everything happen pretty much as planned, and facilities, teams, coaches and players adapted to the situation and Just. Played. Hockey?
Rome was not burnt in a day.

Anon
Anon

Rome was not burnt in a day.
My, my, you are persistent in your negativity!

Sucks to be you.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. All those statisticians and “Brainiacs” from the spring/summer that the sky was falling here in MA, and the apocalypse was upon us. We would not see hockey until 2021/22. They must be re-tooling their models and algorithms deep in their science labs. Can’t wait to see the next round of hysteria when the flu hits with the dreaded Covid19 for the people of MA under 50. Should be interesting..

It's great the kids have hockey back but we might want to hold off on any victory laps. The powers that be and the "mob" are still looking for any reason to shut things down again and for the most part school hasn't started yet. Inevitably there will be kids diagnosed positive and while they will almost assuredly be fine that will give the shutdown crew the juice they need to overreact. Getting hockey back is indeed a good thing. Now we have to keep it running.

Says who?

Anon
It's great the kids have hockey back but we might want to hold off on any victory laps. The powers that be and the "mob" are still looking for any reason to shut things down again and for the most part school hasn't started yet. Inevitably there will be kids diagnosed positive and while they will almost assuredly be fine that will give the shutdown crew the juice they need to overreact. Getting hockey back is indeed a good thing. Now we have to keep it running.
Kids that test positive sit until they test negative. Rest of the team gets a rapid test and is back at it.

Simple, really.

We don't have school back because of a union choke hold. Teachers are not deemed essential workers but blackjack dealers and cashiers at the Dollar Store are..... sounds supsect.

Anon

I know that we can't ever know with absolute certainty, but there are two possible reasons why there haven't been more outbreaks: 1) there was no threat to begin with, or 2) the precautions are working. When we do hear about outbreaks, we learn that they occurred at places where people weren't masking and distancing, which suggests that being in close proximity to people without masks is risky behavior. So the threat is indeed still out there. I guess the restrictions are doing a good job in slowing the spread and keeping outbreaks to a minimum.

I need to add on more:

I was thinking the same thing the other day. All those statisticians and “Brainiacs” from the spring/summer that the sky was falling here in MA, and the apocalypse was upon us. We would not see hockey until 2021/22. They must be re-tooling their models and algorithms deep in their science labs. Can’t wait to see the next round of hysteria when the flu hits with the dreaded Covid19 for the people of MA under 50. Should be interesting.

Multiple vaccines will be out in the next 2 months, additional therapeutics have been approved, and now that the school season is upon us go get your kids Flu Shots as our Governor Baker has Mandated by the way! Very Important! Then you just have one left for the kiddos. Hey, maybe all the kids will go back to school full time by the first of the year. I hope we all would want to see that for our kids education as the Covid numbers keep dropping here in MA..

Anon
I need to add on more:

I was thinking the same thing the other day. All those statisticians and “Brainiacs” from the spring/summer that the sky was falling here in MA, and the apocalypse was upon us. We would not see hockey until 2021/22. They must be re-tooling their models and algorithms deep in their science labs. Can’t wait to see the next round of hysteria when the flu hits with the dreaded Covid19 for the people of MA under 50. Should be interesting.

Multiple vaccines will be out in the next 2 months, additional therapeutics have been approved, and now that the school season is upon us go get your kids Flu Shots as our Governor Baker has Mandated by the way! Very Important! Then you just have one left for the kiddos. Hey, maybe all the kids will go back to school full time by the first of the year. I hope we all would want to see that for our kids education as the Covid numbers keep dropping here in MA..
Now you're "thinking"?!?!----THAT is the huge ploom of orange fairy dust in the clouds I saw the other day. Keep drinking the kool aid twit.

Anon
Anon
I\'ve been watching the news intently, waiting for news of massive COVID outbreaks, mass hysteria, parents rushing the doors, and class action lawsuits.

I\'ve been refreshing the Board every 30 seconds looking for s parents complaining how the lack of checking - and faceoffs at NESC - \"isn\'t hockey.\"

I know that we can't ever know with absolute certainty, but there are two possible reasons why there haven't been more outbreaks: 1) there was no threat to begin with, or 2) the precautions are working. When we do hear about outbreaks, we learn that they occurred at places where people weren't masking and distancing, which suggests that being in close proximity to people without masks is risky behavior. So the threat is indeed still out there. I guess the restrictions are doing a good job in slowing the spread and keeping outbreaks to a minimum.
I was being ironical.

You must be a blast at parties.

Anon
Anon
Anon
I\'ve been watching the news intently, waiting for news of massive COVID outbreaks, mass hysteria, parents rushing the doors, and class action lawsuits.

I\'ve been refreshing the Board every 30 seconds looking for s parents complaining how the lack of checking - and faceoffs at NESC - \"isn\'t hockey.\"

I was being ironical.

You must be a blast at parties.
You sound like you might have fallen off a turnip truck when you were a lad.