Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Understanding the next level

anon
ANON
Any recommendations for those people who love to teach, north of Boston preferably? Have a bantam minor who is very serious about hockey, highly skilled, just looking to push himself to next level.
Dynamic Skating, to start. Take a look if they are doing anything during the season. Higher level of personal contact than the crazy summers.

If your kid is a hard worker snd you’re a good guy they can give you names of people to work with.
I sent Dynamic(Kim) an email last week and he said they don’t have anything scheduled for in season now. I’m not sure if that will change after thanksgiving or not.

Still banned
anon
ANON
Any recommendations for those people who love to teach, north of Boston preferably? Have a bantam minor who is very serious about hockey, highly skilled, just looking to push himself to next level.
Dynamic Skating, to start. Take a look if they are doing anything during the season. Higher level of personal contact than the crazy summers.

If your kid is a hard worker snd you’re a good guy they can give you names of people to work with.
I sent Dynamic(Kim) an email last week and he said they don’t have anything scheduled for in season now. I’m not sure if that will change after thanksgiving or not.
I recall their holding skills right before Thanksgiving with HS tryouts in mind. Maybe they're waiting to see what happens?

How about a round of applause for the honest and informative answers tonight from "anon". Maybe we can mix in a little more of this moving forward.

impressed
How about a round of applause for the honest and informative answers tonight from "anon". Maybe we can mix in a little more of this moving forward.
There are good people here willing to help. You just have to sift through all the dick swinging to find it.

I and others have and will answer any legitimate question from anyone truly looking to gain the benefit of those that have come before. I don’t have all the answers but my kids are doing great and working hard, so I guess I know something. Problem is, very few people think that’s of any value.

No matter, I get it.

Yes your last year of youth hockey (Bantam Major) is the year they should discuss the several options, and their advantages and disadvantages. Sadly very very few do just that. Good luck.

anon
Yes your last year of youth hockey (Bantam Major) is the year they should discuss the several options, and their advantages and disadvantages. Sadly very very few do just that. Good luck.

U14 is a **** show, be prepared for that and don't get discouraged and don't listen to all the talk from other parents.

Be prepared to do what is right for him at U15 and not what everyone else is telling you. Don't be the parent that shows up at the first u15 practice to find out that all the better kids are not there and they filled the team with anyone.

I know its tough to beleive listening to wacko parents but it really is a natural path, teams will start to ask for him, the better tourney teams will start to ask for him and things kind of fall into place.

With any luck he finds himself with a decent half season program, a good high school program, a good personal trainer and a good skills guy, in addition to him still wanting to shoot pucks or stick handle in the driveway or basement and this will progress fine.

Or he finds himself with a good full season program or academy that provides all that.

You cant prepare for the outside things, like him finding girls and wanting to hang out with them instead of training or working out. If he is truly passionate he will balance it or tell the chicks that he has to work out or practice.