Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Goalie development

Anon
Anon
anon
Anon
Typically at what age do elite goalies start to stand out? Mine is an 07 and I haven’t seen anyone in that age group that is clearly above everyone else.
you must be watching town hockey then. There are a few good goalies at the 07 level but in my opinion 2 top goalies. SSK BJE goalies are both real good
06 level MM at the u14 wizards is the best in the 06 group
Goalies develop late in almost every case...every goalie is different and has a lot to do with training, both on and off ice...there are exceptions though but not many...there will be late bloomers who pass alot of goalies ahead of them at younger ages...
The 'late bloomers' are those goalies who continue to grow to be 6'2"-6'6" coupled with ability. There are a lot of kids with great skill for a squirt-bantam playing the position that will fall off due to being vertically challenged. sorry but you cant buy/teach size....

Says the big, slow Goalie's Dad.

BJE is the best 07 out there then MFF, kings kid was great but seems to be losing his edge..

Player
BJE is the best 07 out there then MFF, kings kid was great but seems to be losing his edge..
Curious to hear the ranking in the lower levels like E9

Goalie Dad
Player
Someone hoping their kid will get a mention???

Anon
Goalie Dad
Player
Someone hoping their kid will get a mention???
Idiot. It was obviously an E9 dig. smahten up.

Both are good goalies for their ages, but it isn’t obvious they have more potential than the rest in the 07 group.

Says who? You? Think of how stupid that is. So, there is no 07E player (skater) with anymore potential than any other? Goalies develop later is generally true. Spare me the - all goalies have the same potential BS.

Another insightful “scouting report” from the cheap seats - “losing an edge”. Must be a technical goalie term. Lol

Yes, losing his edge. Numerous benders that were stars in younger years are now coming to terms with their inadequate skills and behavior as they start getting whacked around. Some step up to the challenge while others basically act out or give up. IMHO

kings. already. lost first game. they. aren't winning anything

Yah - a lot of shame losing 5-0 to the best team in country in their building. With no parents and refs in RG’s back pocket.

As a non goalie parent it drives me crazy when programs don’t have separate goalie skills.

Still banned
As a non goalie parent it drives me crazy when programs don’t have separate goalie skills.
Goalies have separate skills alright. Those ******* are odd ducks.

A N O N
Still banned
Goalies have separate skills alright. Those ******* are odd ducks.
usually the best athletes on the team as well