Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flames

Most of U14 Flames -at several levels-were in quarantine - parents were just following the rules-

I’m sure op was told that but chose to be a peasant

Anon
Most of U14 Flames -at several levels-were in quarantine - parents were just following the rules-
That doesn’t sound like anyone that plays for the Flames. And Railers don’t have a U14 full season team. I don’t think the NorthStars have a full season team at U14 either.

How did the 08 flames turnout look. Top kid there?

Very big and fast forward who moved to area from Canada at tryouts. Played for jr Canadians previous yr. Huge get for them.

Lot of Black and Orange around the U-14 tryout circuit. Maybe they didn't get the call from the CDC.

Better off playing town hockey than with Flames elite. They probably wont be able to convince enough kids to come to the team, lots of missing parts i heard, pathetic showing for tryouts. Pretty crazy without a returning roster they need 3 nights of tryouts. At least they serve beer for the dads to make watching their elite bender easier to stomach. Plus anyone who makes it better be ready to open the checkbook and commit full time to X3 all spring and summer, they need to pay the coach somehow.

Team in shambles lots of flames at tryouts all over

ANANAN
Better off playing town hockey than with Flames elite. They probably wont be able to convince enough kids to come to the team, lots of missing parts i heard, pathetic showing for tryouts. Pretty crazy without a returning roster they need 3 nights of tryouts. At least they serve beer for the dads to make watching their elite bender easier to stomach. Plus anyone who makes it better be ready to open the checkbook and commit full time to X3 all spring and summer, they need to pay the coach somehow.
But they have a returning roster, just happens to be platinum team's roster. And gold team replacing platinum team's roster. Everyone gets a promotion, and all is fine in Marlborough.

Fake news they have 4 or 5 small forwards that's it from Platinum 2 are coaches kids -

ANANAN
Fake news they have 4 or 5 small forwards that's it from Platinum 2 are coaches kids -
And my bender didn't get a call back from Friday. Man he must suck more than I thought.

Anonymous
What's the deal with the Flames? I know my kid is late to the game, but he's a late 07. 8th grade next year. He wants to move from vhl to a club team. He needs a full season team. Are there spots open? We went to last 2 tryouts, but there were less than 10 kids! Will they have enough for 1 team? Website says 2 teams, but there doesn't seem like enough interest. Need a team in central mass area. Maybe we'll have to check out Northstars and Railers too. Anyone know of other options?
NorthStars and Railers. HAHAHAHA. NorthStars team was a mess this year. Multiple kids quitting at the beginning of the season and during. Feel bad for the coach for being handed and yes he was handed these players as the daddy's picked the team. Now the same daddy's are heading to Railers. Good luck with that.

so the concensus is, 07 flames, railers, northstars, & outlaws are all garbage. not a good look for worcester county hockey going into hs.

Flames Elite = Bottom half of league
Flames Platinum will end up in Upper Gold
Flames Upper Gold (if they have it) will end up in Lower Gold
Northstars maybe upper gold but bottom half like they have been the past three years
Railers a weak BHL American team

don't forget the red headed step child, outlaws. 2007's a complete disaster. Stay away.

Flames will not be good this year. 3/4 of the team is leaving. Railers I’m hearing is blowing up ( which sucks because my little bender loved beating up on them) Outlaws are a joke!!!

I wonder where all these kids are going? Flames I see going to the Beast but the Railers kids? I don’t see any of those kids in the Beast.

Anon
Flames will not be good this year. 3/4 of the team is leaving. Railers I’m hearing is blowing up ( which sucks because my little bender loved beating up on them) Outlaws are a joke!!!

I wonder where all these kids are going? Flames I see going to the Beast but the Railers kids? I don’t see any of those kids in the Beast.
A couple of Railers heading to Hitman along with NStar kids who couldn't get 8 wins this season in Upper Gold. So how good is the Beast?

Anonymous
What's the deal with the Flames? I know my kid is late to the game, but he's a late 07. 8th grade next year. He wants to move from vhl to a club team. He needs a full season team. Are there spots open? We went to last 2 tryouts, but there were less than 10 kids! Will they have enough for 1 team? Website says 2 teams, but there doesn't seem like enough interest. Need a team in central mass area. Maybe we'll have to check out Northstars and Railers too. Anyone know of other options?
Who that team with that awesome angelfire website ?

Reality check, U14 full season is pretty much the gong show at most organizations. I don't care who went where, who they recruited, etc., it is a simple reality for 75% or more of the teams in a normal year. You can do some searches on both this board and the HS board for U-14 and you will see some solid explanations and good advice on the subject.

You're late to the game as you say so you haven't done any research on coaches or teams so best advice is this point, get him on a team with the largest organization you can, they tend to survive the post Thanksgiving exodus better than small org's. Alternatively, stay with town to start the season and reach out to coaches about a week after Thanksgiving and see if they have openings. You won't have to reach out to many before you find openings and you'll typically save a bunch of $$. Best of luck.

anon
Reality check, U14 full season is pretty much the gong show at most organizations. I don't care who went where, who they recruited, etc., it is a simple reality for 75% or more of the teams in a normal year. You can do some searches on both this board and the HS board for U-14 and you will see some solid explanations and good advice on the subject.

You're late to the game as you say so you haven't done any research on coaches or teams so best advice is this point, get him on a team with the largest organization you can, they tend to survive the post Thanksgiving exodus better than small org's. Alternatively, stay with town to start the season and reach out to coaches about a week after Thanksgiving and see if they have openings. You won't have to reach out to many before you find openings and you'll typically save a bunch of $$. Best of luck.
Op here - thanks for advice. Flames are biggest org in my area, but at 07, looks like they'll only have 2 teams. Other ages, they have 4. Railers look to be turning everything over, so their team most likely won't qualify for e9. Northstars also have 2 teams, so my son will try them out. Have friends on Crusaders, and was told they are basically done at this age group too. Looks like my son will end up on one of the railers Bantam teams. Will probably be looking for weekly skills to compensate to prepare for hs. My son goes to a D3 school, so HS is still a reality, even for him.