The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mass Hockey allowing interstate games starting April 1

I saw the notice online.... is this the moment we've all been waiting for? Has this nightmare come to an end? Is hockey BACK?!

Re: Mass Hockey allowing interstate games starting April 1

Really?? Where can I find that?

Anon
I saw the notice online.... is this the moment we've all been waiting for? Has this nightmare come to an end? Is hockey BACK?!
Masks still required in contravention of consensus science as articulated by the WHO: "People should not wear masks while exercising, as masks may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably. Sweat can make the mask become wet more quickly which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms."

Mass Hockey has allowed this pseudo-science of masks for months putting players at risk, and only now has seen the lifting the travel order after they have cancelled nationals and most seasons are over. A complete ******* failure by the organization that is supposed to be the governing body of the sport in this state.

The way that I read it — as of April 1 the doors are open and it’s game on. Did others read it differently?

Nationals aren't cancelled.

Anon
Anon
I saw the notice online.... is this the moment we\'ve all been waiting for? Has this nightmare come to an end? Is hockey BACK?!
Masks still required in contravention of consensus science as articulated by the WHO: "People should not wear masks while exercising, as masks may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably. Sweat can make the mask become wet more quickly which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms."

Mass Hockey has allowed this pseudo-science of masks for months putting players at risk, and only now has seen the lifting the travel order after they have cancelled nationals and most seasons are over. A complete ******* failure by the organization that is supposed to be the governing body of the sport in this state.
Site the recorded cases of a Mass athlete having an adverse reaction (or death) as a result of playing with a mask. All HS sports have mandated masks since the fall, so there should plenty of recorded cases. I'll wait....

Dummy
Anon
Anon
I saw the notice online.... is this the moment we\\\'ve all been waiting for? Has this nightmare come to an end? Is hockey BACK?!
Masks still required in contravention of consensus science as articulated by the WHO: \"People should not wear masks while exercising, as masks may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably. Sweat can make the mask become wet more quickly which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms.\"

Site the recorded cases of a Mass athlete having an adverse reaction (or death) as a result of playing with a mask. All HS sports have mandated masks since the fall, so there should plenty of recorded cases. I'll wait....
lol, name one instance where a HS athlete actually kept their mask on. My kid played around 40+ games including a 13 game HS season and not once did he, or any of his teammates actually leave their masks on. They all had them pulled down the whole time.

Dummy
Anon
Anon
I saw the notice online.... is this the moment we\\\'ve all been waiting for? Has this nightmare come to an end? Is hockey BACK?!
Masks still required in contravention of consensus science as articulated by the WHO: \"People should not wear masks while exercising, as masks may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably. Sweat can make the mask become wet more quickly which makes it difficult to breathe and promotes the growth of microorganisms.\"

The problem isn't the lack of adverse reaction to wearing the mask. The problem is the adherence to a mandate that is in contravention of scientific consensus.

Wearing a mask inhibits athletic performance. There are numerous scientific studies that confirm that fact. Google is your friend.

What there isn't a study confirming is on-ice transmission of Covid among hockey players. The CDC recently supported its generic masking recommendation with a study that wearing masks reduces Covid transmission by 1.8% compared to non-masked populations. Not very effective.

The mask mandate was given an exception for athletes in high intensity aerobic activity in August. The EEA and DPH reversed that position in November not due to any emerging scientific evidence or date, but simply to punish the hockey community for non-compliance in other areas. Mass Hockey went along with the decision rather than advocating for the players and educating the EEA & DPH on the futility of wearing masks during such time.

Yeah, nobody's died. But players have been playing with wet rags covering their noses/mouths while engaged in play. And the most ridiculous refs have been doling out 2/10 penalties for non-compliance. If I had a dollar for every time I saw some ref turn around before dropping the puck and admonishing the players behind them to pull up their gaiters, I'd be able to afford skills this summer.

Anon
Anon
I saw the notice online.... is this the moment we\'ve all been waiting for? Has this nightmare come to an end? Is hockey BACK?!

Call FOX news, we're putting players at risk!!

At risk of what, drama queen? Microorganisms? I wonder what kind of microorganisms are making that smell in his gloves.
Just give bender a bleach bath when he gets in and he'll be all set.

It doesn’t always have to be political... the “science” is saying we are ok to return to night clubs, so we should be ok to return to youth god **** hockey!!

Ok so boarders are open. Who cares? Season is over. Tournament season is now upon us. Are they going to allow Tournament style play or are they going to wait until September when the ruling is irrelevant like opening boarders April 1?

https://www.mahockey.org/news_article/show/1153842

Wish there was better news out of CT

https://portal.ct.gov/Office-of-the-Governor/News/Press-Releases/2021/03-2021/Governor-Lamont-Announces-Plans-To-Ease-Some-COVID-19-Restrictions-in-Connecticut