Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sheryl crow

Not for my son. My son is an 05. My sister son(my nephew)is the 2012 birth year .. sorry to the grammar police in advance I’m waiting on my new glasses and can’t see out of the current ones I have. Serious posts please !!! He’s mostly a forward can play center or wing. Defense not his strong suit .. but would be willing to try it just so he can skate for a team. They realize a lot of teams are picked so they don’t have a lot of options. Thank you!!!

Also they will be living with me part time until they find a home. We live in Lynnfield Ma . But they will travel anywhere to play up to an hour away.

There are several options nearby, including Americans, Warriors, Top Gun, Islanders, Spartans, Vipers, Icemen, etc. I recommend reaching out directly to these programs. Some coaches are willing to make accommodations if he is a talented player.

Playing in town is another option. Tryouts are still ongoing and most likely he will end up on the top team. Competition is decent at this age.

If he’s any good islanders... if not it doesn’t matter the rest of those teams suck.

I agree that islanders are the best of that bunch. But Top Gun has a great coach and finished the year strong.

I believe TG picked up a new kid from the Patriots mid-season that's very talented but has an absolute nutjob for a father. Good luck with that.

Vipers are good but losing a few kids to elite teams next year.

If the kid is talented, there's nothing wrong with joining a T1 team for a year and move up after that.

I’d try top gun or islanders 1st. I wouldn’t recommend Americans or Vipers. Both those programs aren’t built for top end players plus play in dumps for rinks ( hockeytown and Kasabuski) The Americans are all old Mass bay chiefs kids and the Vipers are town hockey kids . If you can stretch the ride I’d suggest Boston advantage . Hands down the best place for youth development.And if you look in all the division their teams are top 1 or 2. Warriors at that age is a dumpster fire . You would think they would take the best players from the Americans and put them on the Warriors. Americans at that age don’t hold much merit as a program of much destination for top talent . Warriors 2012 team isn’t very good but in the long run is the better route going threw the years . I would put the Predators ,Vipers, jr Rangers and Americans at the 2012 age together in regards to “last resort” places to play .