Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Remembering all the DBoard players who weren't suppose to make it

TL is in the transfer portal and wont be back at BC. He didnt register a single shot all season. Probably a good move to move to another team where he may get more ice time. Probably have to move out of hockey east to a less physical league.

TL should shoot for Atlantic Hockey but given the ego of the kid and Sr he’ll try to transfer HE (that won’t work out either). Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in Division 3 when all is said and done

The past ten years of counting TL out is getting tired.

Kid won’t make it past bantams due to his size. Was still the best kid on the ice when his D partner was a foot taller and 80 lbs heavier.

Kid won’t make it in midgets due to his size and is one hit away from being forced out of the sport. Played two years up and was still the best kid on the ice.

Kid won’t play USHL.

Kid won’t play HE.

Kid won’t go to BC

Kid won’t play at BC

Kid won’t get drafted.

It’s a tired storyline that has never come to fruition

Keep proving them wrong TL.

Well he was at BC and barely played. Didn’t register a shot all season long and now is transferring. He wasn’t drafted and won’t be drafted this year either so I would call that a reality check. If any kid should have done another year of juniors it would be this kid and this season proved that’s what he should have done and instead they rushed his development and are now back to square one and trying to find a team that will take a chance on a tiny 140 pound defenseman. Why wouldn’t he stick at BC?

How about this clown - I don't even know the kid but the facts are he suited up for BC and played hockey, hate on him all you want but christ you sound like a moron. Unless you are coaching another Hockey East program, nobody cares about your opinion. How about a quick tip of the cap to an undersized kid from the sounds of it who made it to the highest level in college hockey.... instead, you **** all over it and give your thoughts as it really matters you chooch.

Clown show
How about this clown - I don\'t even know the kid but the facts are he suited up for BC and played hockey, hate on him all you want but christ you sound like a moron. Unless you are coaching another Hockey East program, nobody cares about your opinion. How about a quick tip of the cap to an undersized kid from the sounds of it who made it to the highest level in college hockey.... instead, you **** all over it and give your thoughts as it really matters you chooch.
So you cant discuss hockey players on a hockey board? Or maybe its a lesson learned in rushing DEVELOPMENT for a kid. He was in USHL and asked for Trade. Now in Hockey East and asked for transfer. Maybe, just maybe the kid and his dad should slow down and let the kid develop.

Open discussion is fine. And it’s how people can become aware of info and it also can be a sort of checks and balances to fact checks people from spewing nonsense.

He was with the Steel in the USHL. They were a first place team with with lots of veterans. He asked for a trade to a team that he could get some games in at that level because BC wanted him this year.

I know people said he would never go to USHL and he was a few years AWAY from going to BC too.

But I don’t think he and his dad need to slow down.

While you guys obsess over the brick and Q and EHF and repeating 9th grade and two years of juniors before college.

This kid played with his dad and trained with his dad. Never did any of those tourneys. Never played EHF. Yet, somehow he is the most skilled player at his age and went as an 18 year from old full season to games with USHL and NAHL to BC.

Anon
Open discussion is fine. And it’s how people can become aware of info and it also can be a sort of checks and balances to fact checks people from spewing nonsense.

He was with the Steel in the USHL. They were a first place team with with lots of veterans. He asked for a trade to a team that he could get some games in at that level because BC wanted him this year.

I know people said he would never go to USHL and he was a few years AWAY from going to BC too.

While you guys obsess over the brick and Q and EHF and repeating 9th grade and two years of juniors before college.

This kid played with his dad and trained with his dad. Never did any of those tourneys. Never played EHF. Yet, somehow he is the most skilled player at his age and went as an 18 year from old full season to games with USHL and NAHL to BC.
The result - this season showed he isnt ready to play at that level.

Anon

I can name three EHF kids that did play on the Brick and did go to the Q and had great seasons in the NCAA this season. TL did not and and shouldn't have been rushed to that level so in hindsight maybe playing in those tournaments were a good thing for development. Good luck to the kid and it will be interesting to see where he ends up. I would imaging most colleges would tell him to go back to the USHL for a season.

C'mon man, BC was stacked on D and even brought in a senior transfer. Is it really a knock on him that they had 7-8 D and he didn't get a lot ice time. Seriously, let the kid along - not too many other 02's getting any NCAA D1 HE time on D, if any.

Anon
C'mon man, BC was stacked on D and even brought in a senior transfer. Is it really a knock on him that they had 7-8 D and he didn't get a lot ice time. Seriously, let the kid along - not too many other 02's getting any NCAA D1 HE time on D, if any.
If you want to be factual - BC wasnt closed to being stacked on defense. They had openings and brought a transfer in because they needed help back there. The other 02' defenseman played well for BC. I am not sure saying a kid wasnt ready for that level is a bad thing. He wasnt ready. Not many are and the combination of his size and his age the results werent surprising at all. He got poor advice and should have done another year in juniors. He is an offensive defenseman and played in 9 games and didnt register a shot. Sugar coat it all you want he was in over his head.

Reminds me of the 'Little Super Star' who finished 5-22-27 in 132 games. Now 1-1-2 in 25 games in the ECHL but hey, 4th on the team in PIM. He made it.

The kid’s size, young age and experience make him an underdog out of the gate. Make no mistake, the kid can play, regardless of the negativity about his lineage. He will get his shot and continue to improve.

anon
Anon
C\\\'mon man, BC was stacked on D and even brought in a senior transfer. Is it really a knock on him that they had 7-8 D and he didn\\\'t get a lot ice time. Seriously, let the kid along - not too many other 02\\\'s getting any NCAA D1 HE time on D, if any.
If you want to be factual - BC wasnt closed to being stacked on defense. They had openings and brought a transfer in because they needed help back there. The other 02\' defenseman played well for BC. I am not sure saying a kid wasnt ready for that level is a bad thing. He wasnt ready. Not many are and the combination of his size and his age the results werent surprising at all. He got poor advice and should have done another year in juniors. He is an offensive defenseman and played in 9 games and didnt register a shot. Sugar coat it all you want he was in over his head.
Somebody’s not trusting the Lovell system.
A few more sessions of walk on skills and he’ll be good.

Watching the Bruins / Penguins game over the weekend and saw local John Marino. Remember when he passed on playing at CM and instead elected to play for the SSK's? All the CM dads were up in arms, "Oh he's too good to play at CM!?!?!" "I suppose his dad thinks he's going to play in the NHL."

Now 100 games into his NHL career, yeah I guess his dad was right.

anon
Watching the Bruins / Penguins game over the weekend and saw local John Marino. Remember when he passed on playing at CM and instead elected to play for the SSK's? All the CM dads were up in arms, "Oh he's too good to play at CM!?!?!" "I suppose his dad thinks he's going to play in the NHL."

Now 100 games into his NHL career, yeah I guess his dad was right.
Marino's dad took alot of hits around here and in the rinks when John was coming up. Much of it justified. However, he played the long game and it worked. Far from a highly touted kid, he's really matured into a solid top 4 dman for a contending NHL team. Best player coming out of mass in quite awhile, even out of that great 97 class, with Hanifin, who has never really developed into what most thought he'd be when he was a superstar youth prospect and number 5 pick in the draft.