email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Attleboro rink

anon
so attleboro is going to have its doors shut?
Word has it that the bank is shutting the doors two weeks from today

Attleboro police got called to handle the contractor who was there during the wee hours of the night pulling his compressors out of the ground. My lips are sealed.

Cmon man! My first reaction when I was sent this post was " there is still a dboard???" We both know none of this is true. There are kids and families coming out of a pandemic excited to get back to some normalcy and hockey is a big part of that for them. We have kids, not adults , kids messaging us asking if the rink is closing, if their games are being cancelled , all because of your message. If it's personal , give me a call, if if it's just to stir things up, please back off. Dunkin Donuts and the Barn are awesome tenants and they asked us if they could remain closed until the rink is allowed full capacity. Of course we said yes and we are supporting them as best we can for as long as we can. I am not looking for a back and forth on this. We had parents and kids messaging us and they asked if I would at least respond, so here it is. You won't hear from me again and hoping you can just back off. It's different times now, peoples livelihoods, businesses , etc are still hanging by a thread, and everyone has been through a lot, including you and your family I am assuming. Just asking for you to take that into consideration.

Giants: Great tenant and expanded by adding 4 teams at the younger levels. We are able to accommodate most if not all practice times but we are booked every weekend with games and tourneys. Giants are locked in for the next 6 years and hopefully beyond that. They do a solid job, great families and kids and happy to have them.

Hitmen: Teams limited as to make sure current tenant ice not disturbed in any way. Provides another option for the kids. Giants and Hitmen actually work together to help place players the other can't accommodate.

APT and Title Boxing Club working together to provide alternatives for all athletes and adults. APT is another great tenant and we work together with all of our programs.

Hallway stacked with tables , chairs and couches. State of Massachusetts notified us on day one that we were to eliminate all lobby and mezzanine seating. We are allowed to return into place next month. Everywhere we put it was either a fire code violation or inconvenient for patrons.

Doing the best we can for our tenants and our own programming. It's a delicate balance but I am fairly certain all of our tenants are happy for the most part. They are a major part of NESV and we are looking forward to having the Barn doors open and along with Dunkin Donuts if they are able to get to the finish line. As mentioned , we are supporting their efforts every step of the way.

Feel free to put a name and or face with your message and we can have an open and honest discussion. Devils, Giants, APT, Barn, Dunks , Gens and more are all small business trying to come out of this together. This is just not the time to be spreading false information that can be detrimental to these businesses, but more importantly adding more uncertainty and misery to the already tough year these players and families have had to overcome. Appreciate it!

Rob Reilly
ExecutIve Director
New England Sports Village

Can anyone sum up what he said? Too many words.

Anon
Yep...rink is doing great...kids are back skating and enjoying themselves...everyone needs to keep their mouths shut with all their negativity....and not sure when D&D will open back up...

Thank you. I personally like the rink. And from my keyboard warrior anonymity I have actually heard the rink is in very good shape. But what do I know?

Anon
Anon
Yep...rink is doing great...kids are back skating and enjoying themselves...everyone needs to keep their mouths shut with all their negativity....and not sure when D&D will open back up...
I took it as rink manager is pretending he’s totally fine with APT,GDS,Giants, Devils when in reality he’s not at all. He wants Giants,GDS and APT out in the worst way. He wants everything to himself just like his buddy at Walpole did.

Anon
Rink sits empty, restaurant and dd shuttered for a year. Its in real trouble
How does it sit empty- played out of it the entire year - seems to be running fine. Pretty sure DD and the restaurant are closed due to covid and Baker the faker....