The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NA Spring Championships (Attleboro Ma) & Granite County Cup (Exeter Nh)

Anon
Don’t know about Attleboro tourney but GSCC is NH’s county based tourney. We’re in Concord and play in concord so we can only play for Merrimack county. 40% minor/ 60% major roster so the level of play is all over the place. Well, unless the coaches lie and cheat lol. Great bar at that rink. Not many yoga pants due to NH’s ugly moms.
Two teams in our division 2 year ago had bunch of "illegal players". I remember the discussion at the bar hahhaahaaaa

AnonNHparent
Anon
Don’t know about Attleboro tourney but GSCC is NH’s county based tourney. We’re in Concord and play in concord so we can only play for Merrimack county. 40% minor/ 60% major roster so the level of play is all over the place. Well, unless the coaches lie and cheat lol. Great bar at that rink. Not many yoga pants due to NH’s ugly moms.
Two teams in our division 2 year ago had bunch of "illegal players". I remember the discussion at the bar hahhaahaaaa
WOuldnt this be easy to check for the tourn director? Just a question how does a county like sullivan or carroll do in something like this? I dont think Sullivan county has a rink.

The County Cup is nothing more than a tourney at this point.
It is just another Seacoast/Rinks at Exeter money maker.

When the tourney was first created, the intention was great and generally everyone followed residence rules.

However, in the last 3-4 years it has been dominated by Seacoast coaches and players. They submit half the teams playing and play in any county that works. There is no verification of residence and no interest to keep it to it's originally intended roots.

and all of that is OK. Just know what it is.

Anon
The County Cup is nothing more than a tourney at this point.
It is just another Seacoast/Rinks at Exeter money maker.

When the tourney was first created, the intention was great and generally everyone followed residence rules.

However, in the last 3-4 years it has been dominated by Seacoast coaches and players. They submit half the teams playing and play in any county that works. There is no verification of residence and no interest to keep it to it's originally intended roots.

and all of that is OK. Just know what it is.

100% certain my team is strictly by the rules. We have over 40% minor year players and every player on my team plays on a team located within the county we represent. Also know another team in our bracket that is 100% by the rules. Btw NH hockey never gets talked about on the DB so this is priceless

The GSCC tournament director works for Spartans and the rink. He only cares that teams are filled and money is coming in. While the idea behind the tourney is great, the director would actually need to work to make sure the rules are followed and he will put as little effort in as possible.

Anon
AnonNHparent
Anon
Two teams in our division 2 year ago had bunch of \"illegal players\". I remember the discussion at the bar hahhaahaaaa
WOuldnt this be easy to check for the tourn director? Just a question how does a county like sullivan or carroll do in something like this? I dont think Sullivan county has a rink.
Yes at county cup some southern teams get stacked.. Northern counties play together..Team CBC is Carroll, Belknap and Coos. At most age groups the north holds their own and is worth the trip.

Anon
Anon
AnonNHparent
Anon
Two teams in our division 2 year ago had bunch of \"illegal players\". I remember the discussion at the bar hahhaahaaaa
Yes at county cup some southern teams get stacked.. Northern counties play together..Team CBC is Carroll, Belknap and Coos. At most age groups the north holds their own and is worth the trip.
Not a single Mite, Squirt, or PW at the elite level play in this tournament.

Anon
Hey if you can’t get the tournaments to come to you because you ****** off all the guys holding them why not try to start your own tourneys.

Another big FAIL for NESV
This tourney actually looks like it might be good