Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Likelihood of going D1?

01 birth year was extraordinary. Also 00 to a lesser extent. That is not typical

anon
I am new to club hockey as my kid is starting this coming fall on an "elite" team... I was told about this board and warned of the sarcastic nature of the majority of the replies. My question is this....

I was told by my kid's new coach for next year, that he sees my son getting a full scholarship to a Division 1 school. He is only going to be a peewee major next year - is talk like this too early?

I played baseball and really have no idea about the hockey landscape. I was hoping to get some clarity on the program we are joining and the timeline for scholarship offers. He is going to be on the Bridgewater Bandits peewee major elite team.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
I would agree with the new coach. Most kids that play at the elite level by 12 yrs old will typically progress to D-1 colleges and will earn significant playing time their frosh yr.

So if my kid plays in the brick he’s going D1 so then I’m all set. Thank you for this very informative high sight

anon
I am new to club hockey as my kid is starting this coming fall on an "elite" team... I was told about this board and warned of the sarcastic nature of the majority of the replies. My question is this....

I was told by my kid's new coach for next year, that he sees my son getting a full scholarship to a Division 1 school. He is only going to be a peewee major next year - is talk like this too early?

I played baseball and really have no idea about the hockey landscape. I was hoping to get some clarity on the program we are joining and the timeline for scholarship offers. He is going to be on the Bridgewater Bandits peewee major elite team.

This is a complete lie and made up to stir **** up on here. Neither one of those coaches, whether peewee major or minor would have said that. Good try buddy. Get a life.

Anon
anon
I am new to club hockey as my kid is starting this coming fall on an \\\"elite\\\" team... I was told about this board and warned of the sarcastic nature of the majority of the replies. My question is this....

I was told by my kid\\\'s new coach for next year, that he sees my son getting a full scholarship to a Division 1 school. He is only going to be a peewee major next year - is talk like this too early?

This is a complete lie and made up to stir **** up on here. Neither one of those coaches, whether peewee major or minor would have said that. Good try buddy. Get a life.
I think 99% of the readers understood it was trolling. But good for you to show us how smart you are.

nonny
Anon
anon
I am new to club hockey as my kid is starting this coming fall on an \\\\\\\"elite\\\\\\\" team... I was told about this board and warned of the sarcastic nature of the majority of the replies. My question is this....

I was told by my kid\\\\\\\'s new coach for next year, that he sees my son getting a full scholarship to a Division 1 school. He is only going to be a peewee major next year - is talk like this too early?

I think 99% of the readers understood it was trolling. But good for you to show us how smart you are.
Just here to help out that 1%. Your welcome.

Anon99
nonny
Anon
anon
I am new to club hockey as my kid is starting this coming fall on an \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"elite\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" team... I was told about this board and warned of the sarcastic nature of the majority of the replies. My question is this....

I was told by my kid\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s new coach for next year, that he sees my son getting a full scholarship to a Division 1 school. He is only going to be a peewee major next year - is talk like this too early?

99% also know it is "you're", not "your".
You're welcome.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake little guy

D1 is overrated hockey, get your player to the CHL.

Anon
D1 is overrated hockey, get your player to the CHL.
Apparently the NHL doesn't think so.

nonny
Anon99
nonny
Anon
anon
I am new to club hockey as my kid is starting this coming fall on an \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"elite\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" team... I was told about this board and warned of the sarcastic nature of the majority of the replies. My question is this....

I was told by my kid\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s new coach for next year, that he sees my son getting a full scholarship to a Division 1 school. He is only going to be a peewee major next year - is talk like this too early?

99% also know it is "you're", not "your".
You're welcome.
Ha I’d throw you in with that 1% even with your perfect grammar and excellent hockey knowledge. 99% of us don’t care about grammar here. You must be new or a chick.

Nonnysucks
nonny
Anon99
nonny
Anon
anon
I am new to club hockey as my kid is starting this coming fall on an \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"elite\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" team... I was told about this board and warned of the sarcastic nature of the majority of the replies. My question is this....

I was told by my kid\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s new coach for next year, that he sees my son getting a full scholarship to a Division 1 school. He is only going to be a peewee major next year - is talk like this too early?

99% also know it is \\\"you\\\'re\\\", not \\\"your\\\".
You\\\'re welcome.
Ha I’d throw you in with that 1% even with your perfect grammar and excellent hockey knowledge. 99% of us don’t care about grammar here. You must be new or a chick.
Maybe he is just a little whittle guy

Great Choice on the Bandits!
Regards
Tmac

SM from the river rats I mean sacred heart I mean river rats called and guaranteed I’d go d1 if I quit my current team and came over so have fun with your math nerds

The likelihood of your kid playing D1 is about the same as shooting a gun and hitting another moving bullet, while riding on a horse.

Thread is dead move on

Not sure how old your kid is but don't start worrying about that until he is 19/20, they want 21 year old studs who played away from home in the USHL, BCHL..your kid cant go to sleep without a hug from mom right now, enjoy that.