Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 08 JUNIOR EAGLES TROUBLE IN PARADISE

I roll my eyes when I hear BA being the development Org. Caught snipits of the BA team in Marlborough. What I was told by those that saw them earlier, is what I witnessed. They had 4 or 5 that maybe, emphasis on maybe, could break a top 5 Fed team . After that, it fell off dramatically to Rainbow or less. Not knocking them, just want the E9 wannabes daddios to get a head slap of reality.

Yeah this BA conversation always has me rolling. They beat the Patriots by one point in the final and the Patriots got smoked by the wizards in their last game. BA is just not a great team. E9 sorry really doesn’t compare to the Fed. It just doesn’t even come close. BA could prob beat the bottom 2 elite fed teams. On a good day 3. Just stop BA. You are winning to glorified town teams

^^^^^Facts^^^^^^

TMac
^^^^^Facts^^^^^^
Agreed. Advantage dads have this idea that everyone in the Fed is mesmerized with the Advantage talent. Truth is that nobody cares. I’m more concerned with the pizza supply at the Terriers rink. It’s easy to look good when you are playing mediocre E9 dusters. They get a pants tent because they beat town teams 3-0. Pretty funny! To reiterate Advantage daddies... nobody cares and nobody is talking about your team. Hilarious

I heard their Assistant Coach got the axe. Parents were complaining to the Team and League officials regarding recent media reports.

Does BA have a few kids who could play on most Elite teams??? Yes
Would BA be in the bottom middle of the Elite division??? Yes

Does any of that matter? No.
When you kid graduates will you then able able to realize what a moron you’ve been the past 12 years? No.

Didn’t really want to enter the frey because I know and like a number of the kids/families on BA. Interestingly enough though, 4 of their top players have Some Fed lineage, 3 played in the Fed, not exactly fully home grown in Hingham, and I believe the D man has played Fed alt a few of years, most recently for BB. They all have grown in stature in most recent years at Pilgrim, I give em that.

All USHL and College coach's don't care where your kid plays, know one cares how good your Pee Wee team is. There is always 100's of Fed parents, every year, when their kid turns 15, the parent begins to have this huge empty feeling in their gut, finding out that their kid is nothing special, and it didn't matter where they played, and it all was much ado about nothing. Most of you will all be experiencing it in a few years, enjoy!

Finally...someone gets it...

and no one cares about the daddy ran ct teams-especially the new ones. or the kids already in middle school prep. the academies are where its at

You mean to tell me the kids that go to middle school at the Saint Sebastian’s of the world won’t automatically make the prep school hockey team you must be kidding?

Only one reason to send a kid to the Sibby's or Thayer's etc is for private school education. Hockey is secondary.

If the kid has the goods he will play, but if not, he grads with a preppy diploma.

The smartest parents in the universe of mindless youth hockey parents are the ones that know their kid is skilled but not skilled enough. So when presented with the right opportunity to play privates they jump at it.

Anonified
Only one reason to send a kid to the Sibby's or Thayer's etc is for private school education. Hockey is secondary.

If the kid has the goods he will play, but if not, he grads with a preppy diploma.

The smartest parents in the universe of mindless youth hockey parents are the ones that know their kid is skilled but not skilled enough. So when presented with the right opportunity to play privates they jump at it.
This.

Bingo, go for the Education, cause 100 percent of them will need it in some shape or form and under 1 percent of the hundred might need it a little less.