Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Attleboro tournament this weekend

Strange - kid played in a tournament a couple of weeks ago. There are restrictions but they are allowed.

tropic meltdown was shut down by state last weekend, so everyone is now headed to maskless NH.

anon
tropic meltdown was shut down by state last weekend, so everyone is now headed to maskless NH.
Yet it showed a tournament was played at NESC last weekend, so something isn’t right here

Anon
anon
Yet it showed a tournament was played at NESC last weekend, so something isn’t right here
Being in a rink in the spring - not right.

Anon
Anon
anon
Please understand that most of these kids that play year round will be the ones that make it to the college level. These players are the dedicated ones, the ones who love the game, the ones who make sacrifices. These players also have the parents who know the ins and outs of pushing athletes into being elite. Get on board or find your player at the bottom of player pool playing mens league hockey at 25 years old.

Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
Please understand that most of these kids that play year round will be the ones that make it to the college level. These players are the dedicated ones, the ones who love the game, the ones who make sacrifices. These players also have the parents who know the ins and outs of pushing athletes into being elite. Get on board or find your player at the bottom of player pool playing mens league hockey at 25 years old.
God help you.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
God help you.
I dont need god. Im just not lazy and understand how these kids make it to college hockey. Although I never played hockey, I understand that the more time on the ice my kid gets the better his chances are to be elite.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
anon
God help you.
I dont need god. Im just not lazy and understand how these kids make it to college hockey. Although I never played hockey, I understand that the more time on the ice my kid gets the better his chances are to be elite.
Did you just follow up your statement of "I know how these kids make it to college" with "although I never played hockey"????? Are you serious? How do you know what it takes to make it to the college level if you never played? You have no idea of what the actual sacrifices will be. It is not about how much ice time your kid gets. The only thing you are going to be getting on board for is the crazy train. Most of the kids that play year round won't make it to college level, not the top level college. You should do some research on the statistics.

Or, the kid is playing just to hang with friends. These tournaments have zero influence if your kid will play beyond HS. If you truly think that , you are in fir rude awakening.

My kid did zero last spring/summer and was a league allstar as a sophomore which just shows kids need to decompress after 8 months of hockey

My 14year old 2006 shut it down for the spring, For us its necessary after 60+ games, skills, practices since last July. Good to clear your head, lifting, playing baseball, hanging out. He asked to skate a couple times but I said no. It looks like he is enjoying the time off. In May, he'll start once a week skills, in the summer (Jul-Aug) he'll skate 3hrs skills and a 1 hr 3v3 for about 8 weeks.

I think you can get burnt out a bit and overuse muscle injuries/fatigue are real, even for the kids that "love" hockey. An occasional spring tourney is ok if the kid wants it. Maybe we'll do one in the summer if appropriate.

anon
My 14year old 2006 shut it down for the spring, For us its necessary after 60+ games, skills, practices since last July. Good to clear your head, lifting, playing baseball, hanging out. He asked to skate a couple times but I said no. It looks like he is enjoying the time off. In May, he'll start once a week skills, in the summer (Jul-Aug) he'll skate 3hrs skills and a 1 hr 3v3 for about 8 weeks.

I think you can get burnt out a bit and overuse muscle injuries/fatigue are real, even for the kids that "love" hockey. An occasional spring tourney is ok if the kid wants it. Maybe we'll do one in the summer if appropriate.

+1

My muppet is better then your bender from September-March.
Your spring/summer hero can try to get better . Then get reality’s ugly
Dope slap in the Fall.

anon
I got my kid into the TROPIC MELTDOWN this weekend!!!!!! A bunch of teams were looking for players so we jumped in. Hope all you M*******S are happy knowing that my kid is in and you decided to stay home because the drive was too long :( TROPIC MELTDOWN IS SO FUN. #ELITEHOCKEY

Dum Dum
Strange - kid played in a tournament a couple of weeks ago. There are restrictions but they are allowed.
Oh ffs, just because tournaments have happened since last September doesn’t mean they are allowed. I know it’s hard, but go to mass.gov look it up and see what it says. Again, I am not agreeing, also not saying no tournaments have happened, but it doesn’t change the facts.

Dum Dum
THESE PEOPLE ARE DUMB. ELITE TOURNAMENTS ARE EVERYWHERE. GET A CLUE PEOPLE :(

State squashed the May tournament in Bridgewater now too.

Anon
anon
Do we think someone is going to call the board of health and let them know that the NESV in Attleboro is hosting a tournament this weekend with a bunch of teams from outside of New England? tournaments are illegal in mass, right?
Karen - Tournaments are allowed in MA. Travel restriction expired March 31. Quit being a little ******
I'm driving to East Bumfck NH for 4 games this weekend instead of a 10 minute drive to Hingham or Rockland so this thing in Attleboro better get shut down.

Your tournament got shafted...so you want everyone else to get shafted too. Which kid were you in the Wonka movie?

The concept of honor among thieves is pretty straight forward. Try and get away with it, and great if you do, too bad if you don't. If someone else tries and gets away with same thing, don't be a whiney snitch. Find better criminals to run with next time.

That’s exactly right. I go down we all go down. Surprised you got it but good for you.

This is what I don’t get about Karens like you. How the heck is that tourn gettin of shut down going to help you driving to bumfack nh? It has zero bearing on your tourn and what you’re doing so worry about you and your bender

Calm down Karen, it's no longer a tournament. Organizers have been working with the state and made it very clear there are no standings or playoffs and are abiding by all rules.

As a result, it's been diminished to just another weekend of scrimmages against teams your bender might not normally play against.

Everyone needs to simmer down on the location. Scouts will still be in attendance and dads wearing the Bauer team jackets will be frequent.

Tournament has to happen in order to keep the lights on at nesv until the bankruptcy foreclosure is on may 7th

Anon
Tournament has to happen in order to keep the lights on at nesv until the bankruptcy foreclosure is on may 7th
HOWS YOUR WIFE BESSIE BIG BUNS DOING THESE DAYS LMAO

That's the problem with the dopes at the state offices in many states, it's all about pretending Covid knows whether its a tournament or not, just like the Covid knows the state borders, and knows not to attack when the mask is pulled down below the nose. If is so stupid, it is ridiculous. Even the NHL coaches wearing masks is stupid, they are on their face but inevitably during every game they pull them down to talk to someone. Overall, it is all about the look and not the science - time to end masks and restrictions. Those who are still worried about it, can still wear their masks, especially if they have not been vaccinated yet. No kid wears a mask in a way that does anything since November, so no worries there either.

Anon
Calm down Karen, it's no longer a tournament. Organizers have been working with the state and made it very clear there are no standings or playoffs and are abiding by all rules.

As a result, it's been diminished to just another weekend of scrimmages against teams your bender might not normally play against.

HAHAHA IDIOT. ITS AN ELITE TOURNAMENT NOT SCRIMMAGES. WOW. GET A CLUE

ES
Anon
Calm down Karen, it\'s no longer a tournament. Organizers have been working with the state and made it very clear there are no standings or playoffs and are abiding by all rules.

As a result, it\'s been diminished to just another weekend of scrimmages against teams your bender might not normally play against.

HAHAHA IDIOT. ITS AN ELITE TOURNAMENT NOT SCRIMMAGES. WOW. GET A CLUE
An "elite" spring tournament. JFC. There is no shortage of parents to write checks is there.

Anon
Anon
anon
Do we think someone is going to call the board of health and let them know that the NESV in Attleboro is hosting a tournament this weekend with a bunch of teams from outside of New England? tournaments are illegal in mass, right?
Karen - Tournaments are allowed in MA. Travel restriction expired March 31. Quit being a little ******
I'm driving to East Bumfck NH for 4 games this weekend instead of a 10 minute drive to Hingham or Rockland so this thing in Attleboro better get shut down.
YOU NEED TO BE A MORE BOUGHT IN PARENT or YOUR KID WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING BUT MENS LEAGUE