email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ct

Anon
Hands down, the Chiefs. Org is interested in player development over dollar. Lots of good college placements have come through program
Chiefs are the worst money grab org in Ct. coming from LI I’d look at Mid Fairfield, Ct Jr Rangers , Ct Jr Whalers.

Chiefs are overpriced town Hockey. They can’t and don’t compete with the Mid Fairfield’s , Ct Jr Huskies , Ct Jr Rangers , Ct Jr Whalers and so on. Stay far away from the Chiefs.

Not
Anon
Hands down, the Chiefs. Org is interested in player development over dollar. Lots of good college placements have come through program
Chiefs are the worst money grab org in Ct. coming from LI I’d look at Mid Fairfield, Ct Jr Rangers , Ct Jr Whalers.

Chiefs are overpriced town Hockey. They can’t and don’t compete with the Mid Fairfield’s , Ct Jr Huskies , Ct Jr Rangers , Ct Jr Whalers and so on. Stay far away from the Chiefs.
Finally time to attack a post, clearly you don’t know how economics work and how every location has different prices and expenses.

Love the Chiefs = Money Grab. What org is not in it for the $$. Would love a great reply.

Mass Conn charges less ($375 per hour), has a smaller rink (less ice fee because of size) and offers very little development for when hockey matters for these players. They take the best players every year from other town organization, and other club teams, not developing their own. They offer upper and lower teams, yet never promote a player from lower to upper (why you should never play for one of their lower teams) then they sell you FED is great. Elite level, sure, after that it is all about $$.

Elite has a lower price tag, plays out of a rink that charges $425 per hour for ice. This org is very good at U16-u18 level for getting players on to the next level of hockey. At the lower level, they are new org with youth players. Only been around for a few seasons and teams are MEH.

Chiefs have a heavy price tag, rink is $475 hr. They offer levels from U7-U20, but don’t be fooled. They offer a lot for the $$, but if you don’t have the right coach who is dedicated to the team, then you are paying for Upper town hockey with more advanced coaching (paid coaches)

Wolfpack probably have the lowest price tag, owner of org owns part of the rink, so players get to skate a lot (best ice/$$) however they are focused on the girls side and do what they can to advance them. Their girls players get to play both boys and girls hockey which hurts the boys side big time. They also don’t have any upper level teams that can compete. Wolfpack has put together a descent 2009 & 2010 birth year teams, but nothing below that and they haven’t had a good bantam team in years

In the end of this book, know the economics. Each rink has a cost, each org offers something to help a player get better, but really focus on the coach more than anything else.

Anon
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anon
Chiefs aren’t even the best program in their home rink.

Anon
Anon
Chiefs aren’t even the best program in their home rink.
OMG at what level? They are better at almost every level across the board from what I can find when looking.

What are part of CT are you moving to? The SouthWest portion of CT has a lot of options between club and town. There are sone solid town programs that put together very competitive AA teams. If you are more Central or Eastern CT then you would have MassConn United Hockey Club out of Enfield (plays in the Fed) or Junior Wolfpack (plays in the EJ and CHC). The downside to the Wolfpack is that you spend much of the season playing town A teams

I love how this post became a beat your chest post now. OP asked about coaching, not level, competition, or price. Yes MFF, CJR, CJW are all options down south, but all cost way more than teams in Central - Eastern CT.

Id assume the OP has a low level Club/High Level Town player and is looking for a direction to level up his player with good coaching. I’d also assume that OP player is U12 or lower, so finding the right coach is key.

If looking for more Club options,
Elite - Northford (AYHL) (Tier 1)
Wolfpack - Cromwell (EJEPL) (Tier 2)
Chiefs - Newington (EJEPL) Tier 2
Mass Conn - Enfield (FED) Tier 1,2,3

As for coaches, all these teams are picked, but every one of them should be having practices already. Reach out and get your player to skate with them. Get a feel for the Coaches, Players (Both on and Off the ice), and how much the program has to offer.

Don’t be sold on all the magical promises, find a honest and transparent coach and team.

Heard great things about elite and PA. Develops

If you live around Norwalk there a several good choices. Otherwise, for the rest of CT it really is not very good hockey. If outside the Gold coast I would focus on finding the best coach. Town or Club really doesn't factor in. Same level.

Wolfpack is Tier 1. They have teams from 07 they 11. Some teams will be independent schedule and not in a league like EJ. No idea which teams or which leagues. Reach out to the rink if interested.

This has been a great program for us. Been there for a few seasons and it IS about development. Yeah yeah they all say that and I want buying it after 2 jaded experiences but this is it, for us. Definitely worth exploring if you're local enough to consider.

It's all about your geography and compete level here. Lots of options in WCT and Central, but nothing but ECHO and Seahawks in ECT

anon
Wolfpack is Tier 1. They have teams from 07 they 11. Some teams will be independent schedule and not in a league like EJ. No idea which teams or which leagues. Reach out to the rink if interested.

This has been a great program for us. Been there for a few seasons and it IS about development. Yeah yeah they all say that and I want buying it after 2 jaded experiences but this is it, for us. Definitely worth exploring if you're local enough to consider.

It's all about your geography and compete level here. Lots of options in WCT and Central, but nothing but ECHO and Seahawks in ECT
Do the wolfpack have an 07 team? Their website doesn’t have much information.

Yes, Jr. Wolfpack has an 07 Boys team.

For the best club coaching at the youth level in CT, I’d rank them:

1. Mid Fairfield
2. Junior Wolfpack
3. Junior Whalers
4. Junior Rangers
5. Massconn United

There are some very good town team coaches as well, but that’s harder to qualify since it varies more year to year.

anon
For the best club coaching at the youth level in CT, I’d rank them:

1. Mid Fairfield
2. Junior Wolfpack
3. Junior Whalers
4. Junior Rangers
5. Massconn United

There are some very good town team coaches as well, but that’s harder to qualify since it varies more year to year.
Best value is Chiefs. Year in and year out your kids will get better. All about who is coaching and Chiefs have most qualified guys. Org will pay a little extra to make sure your kid gets best experience. Frankly, would send my kid anywhere else.

If you are looking for a team for this upcoming season, sit down with some Google because many Conn teams already had tryouts.

Any NY recommendations close to CT. CJR will take more but they have two teams

Anonymous
Any NY recommendations close to CT. CJR will take more but they have two teams
CJR will take as many as are willing to pay - they'll make three teams if there's demand. As for NY near the border, there's Westchester Express/Bulldogs, Westchester Vipers, Cyclones or North Park in the city, Aviators by JFK. Much better options in CT.

Anon
Who are the better programs in ct? Coach wise Don’t care about win loss wise. Coming from LI
what birth year are you?

Anonymous
Dang, that level is good everywhere. Good luck, a lot of options. Ideally I would look for a program that is looking to develop the individual player not just the team or a specific position. Take this advice, a great versatile player is worth way more at U14-16 then a kid who only plays forward or defense since he was 10.

What region of CT?

Boys?
Girls?
Coed?